All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FE4E0F3C-3150-4587-8604-087FD2E1BC87.jpeg.3b8bb9dbb09cf0d8712efffe0411ed75.jpeg

Saturday afternoon TEA time! We’re pleased to announce that dispatch of our TEA wagons has begun following arrival of the wagons from China last week. If you haven’t already confirmed your delivery address to us, please get in touch as soon as possible so then we can dispatch your order. We can’t wait to see the wagons on customers’ layouts! 

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Over the weekend we’ve dispatched the majority of direct TEA orders to customers, with tracking numbers due to be uploaded this evening/tomorrow morning. If you haven’t already confirmed your delivery address please get in touch as soon as possible in order for us to dispatch your order. 

We’ve also taken photos of the weathered TEAs in the natural light to showcase how there are 6 different sides on the triple pack - where we’ve tried to create an authentic weathered finish traced from the prototype wagons.

207A89FA-FF03-4218-8D16-C4C0A7F956E1.jpeg.cdd15f45399b35561744b9f1cd9dfb4e.jpeg

6B31D23C-8A12-4170-990D-A2F3D2508B8B.jpeg.7fba81a31e3e461bd6d8ac65b559dded.jpeg

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Southwich said:

We’ve also taken photos of the weathered TEAs in the natural light to showcase how there are 6 different sides on the triple pack - where we’ve tried to create an authentic weathered finish traced from the prototype wagons.

207A89FA-FF03-4218-8D16-C4C0A7F956E1.jpeg.cdd15f45399b35561744b9f1cd9dfb4e.jpeg

6B31D23C-8A12-4170-990D-A2F3D2508B8B.jpeg.7fba81a31e3e461bd6d8ac65b559dded.jpeg

Great - that's the set I ordered and I'm pleased to say that these photographs look much better than the pre-production livery sample (which I thought was too brown).  It will be good to see them in the flesh, but well done.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to weather the rest of my stock to that standard.

18 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Great - that's the set I ordered and I'm pleased to say that these photographs look much better than the pre-production livery sample (which I thought was too brown).  It will be good to see them in the flesh, but well done.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to weather the rest of my stock to that standard.

Thanks for the kind comments. We have aired these on the side of caution regarding coverage of the airbrushed topcoat in order to allow the customer to add the blow over to their taste as it easier to add kore than take some off.

The brown is darker than the final finish of the real wagons but has been chosen to work well once overblown with a weathering topcoat. They are intended to make the difficult flaking part easier for the more novice modellers.

• Like 1

Just received notification that my barrier wagons are on their way...can't wait for these to arrive.

Finally, I can complete the Barrier Wagon/S-Stock/Class 20 train that I have been working on for Loftus Road for a while!

• Like 3

My KBAs arrived this morning. They look fantastic. The packaging is excellent and looks very smart too!

Hope to get them on my layout soon once Ive moved the home office around again..

First class job guys, thanks Cav & Alex.

Alex K.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
  • Like 2

Just received my order of these, triple pack weathered, single weathered and double barrier pack.

I have not received a shipping email.

Models all appear to be very good, especially the weathering effects.

I have however found a packaging mistake. In the triple pack I have 2 boxes printed as TEA01 and one KBA01.

The box printed as KBA01 has a label TEA WB TP(1). One of the TEA01 boxes has a label KBA01 WB TP(1) and the other has a label TEA WB TP(1).

The models appear to be correct,

For completeness the single model is printed TEA01 on the box and the label Is TEA WB. The KBA’s boxes are printed KBA01 and the labels are both KBA01 WB DP(1)

I think that WB is weathered finish, TP is triple pack and DP is double pack.

So I would suggest that everyone ordering these check they have the correct models, the packaging for me is of little significance.

22 minutes ago, Bob83a said:

Just received my order of these, triple pack weathered, single weathered and double barrier pack.

I have not received a shipping email.

Models all appear to be very good, especially the weathering effects.

I have however found a packaging mistake. In the triple pack I have 2 boxes printed as TEA01 and one KBA01.

The box printed as KBA01 has a label TEA WB TP(1). One of the TEA01 boxes has a label KBA01 WB TP(1) and the other has a label TEA WB TP(1).

The models appear to be correct,

For completeness the single model is printed TEA01 on the box and the label Is TEA WB. The KBA’s boxes are printed KBA01 and the labels are both KBA01 WB DP(1)

I think that WB is weathered finish, TP is triple pack and DP is double pack.

So I would suggest that everyone ordering these check they have the correct models, the packaging for me is of little significance.

Hi Bob,

We are aware of this issue however all of the boxes contain the correct wagons and is just a single box issue on one in the three of the triple packs. We have personally QC checked all wagons prior to dispatch so there should be no issues with anyone getting incorrect models even though the box on one is labelled incorrectly.

However if there are any issues discovered with the wrong models being in the box then please get in touch and we will send out replacements.

Regards

Cav

Very pleased with them.  They look the business in a long rake behind a grubby 47.

20220518_190209.jpg.48cadd29c2b075b847d488e7d0a0c193.jpg

I found each wagon benefits from a 5 minute check/service on the bench before running...

• Back to backs needed opening out anywhere from 0.25 to 0.5mm on almost all of my examples.  This cured some derailments over Peco curved points and setrack curves.  
  • Small blob of grease to stop squeaking pinpoints.  Most of them had squeaky wheels so I greased them all with a tiny paintbrush.
  • Some needed a tiny blob of glue for some slightly loose details.  Most of this concerned underframe detail and was an easy fix, about 4 wagons had 1 loose bit of detail.
  • Loosen/tighten the bogie screw to allow for smooth bogie movement.  Only some were affected and this solved the remaining derailments.

20220518_185059.jpg.19a411656198c1a5236e4a7a301f56a4.jpg

20220518_185543.jpg.342f15170988031811713d565ceeb9bb.jpg

20220518_185957.jpg.4c75969fe150865ddd7851cfd3ade869.jpg

I've now had them running for over an hour at various speeds with no problems or squeaking wheels.  The close coupling is a nice touch and really enhances the appearance of the train.  They do struggle/derail on 2nd radius curves which I expected.  Luckily I have more gentle routes through parts of my fiddle yard that use 4th radius curves. 

Some of the best detailed wagons in my collection.  Nice job lads!

Edited by richard w
  • Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

All direct orders have been packed for or dispatched to those who confirmed their delivery address as requested. There were several customers who had not confirmed their address so those orders are still to be dealt with once confirmation has been received.

Did you confirm your delivery address to us Roy?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, RBE said:

All direct orders have been packed for or dispatched to those who confirmed their delivery address as requested. There were several customers who had not confirmed their address so those orders are still to be dealt with once confirmation has been received.

Did you confirm your delivery address to us Roy?

No, not had any eamils at all, I assume that was how they were requested? Have checked inbox and spam. 

Will drop you an email in a minute. 

Thanks,

Roy

11 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Have all the direct orders been dispatched now? Heard nothing about my KBAs. 

Thanks,

Roy

Good evening Roy,

I have just checked our email, and spam folder, and as of today we have not received an email confirming your delivery address.

We also sent a reminder yesterday evening in addition to the email which was sent to all customers on the 13th of April.

Could you please check?

Many thanks

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good evening Roy,

I have just checked our email, and spam folder, and as of today we have not received an email confirming your delivery address.

We also sent a reminder yesterday evening in addition to the email which was sent to all customers on the 13th of April.

Could you please check?

Many thanks

No idea what is going on as I am not getting these emails. The last one I got from you was 1/11 last year. I think there are issues with my ISP (BT) as I have had a few emails not appear recently.

Anyhow, I have just sent an email to you confirming my delivery address.

Thanks for the quick responses - much appreciated.

Roy

11 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

No idea what is going on as I am not getting these emails. The last one I got from you was 1/11 last year. I think there are issues with my ISP (BT) as I have had a few emails not appear recently.

Anyhow, I have just sent an email to you confirming my delivery address.

Thanks for the quick responses - much appreciated.

Roy

Thanks Roy, email received.

Electronic email is great when it works!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Received my triple and single weathered packs to run with my 10 Revolution tanks. They run great straight out the box with no issues. Very pleased with the factory applied weathered effect and as I was already tinkering with bits on the workbench I decided to crack straight on and get them weathered fully before taking them to the layout.

Really pleased how they came out and the detail shines through. Good job well

done by Cav and Alex.

B8E80D0C-258B-416A-A841-15A4B99862C2.jpeg.f1328930a90128c38662b1b80774d440.jpeg791714CD-F310-4AC8-9D92-FFB8959E3BB6.jpeg.7c1c099036ff02193521ecd44d3dc91e.jpegCD4A6A5C-66D9-47A2-84AC-DDC9BC723728.jpeg.ea73a33d106d73bc37575a0511867177.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had a couple of running sessions this week with the new rake and very impressed. Further to Richard’s message above, I’ve not had any derailments of my rake (famous last words!) and I’ve even cranked up the speed to un-prototypical values including through complex pointwork and all stayed on the track! I do have a couple of squeaks that I intend to lubricate … otherwise no issues.

I’ve recorded a brief running session of them in action …

• Like 6