RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

• RMweb Gold

Andy, sorry to bother you but I think my Gold membership has failed as I am getting a video pop up on the right hand side every time I select a new topic or just drop in on the forum.

Sorry to add to your work load but thank you for all the effort you have expended to get the site back up.

Regards.

Geoff Robinson

• Agree 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, geoff said:

Andy, sorry to bother you but I think my Gold membership has failed as I am getting a video pop up on the right hand side every time I select a new topic or just drop in on the forum.

Sorry to add to your work load but thank you for all the effort you have expended to get the site back up.

Regards.

Geoff Robinson

Gold bandage applied. : )

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Can I have one too please as it's happening to me as well.😮

Yours can be a coppery tinge. : )

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/04/2022 at 15:01, AY Mod said:

Yours can be a coppery tinge. : )

Ditto for me, I'm afraid.

Hey, at least it makes me more woke to my background of "Gold Privilege". 🙂   

Edit: Thanks, that was quick! Much appreciated.

Edited by Ian Simpson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry to find more work for Andy, but maybe my gold halo needs a little attention with the brasso...

All appears good on the PC, but the android tablet is getting the dreaded adverts, which are making it very difficult to use the site.

I've tried:-   Clearing cache & cookies

Logging out and back in

Using a different browser

None of which made any difference

I tried relinking my account through WoR, but that gave a Euston we have a problem error.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Trofimow said:

I tried relinking my account through WoR, but that gave a Euston we have a problem error.

It's still not functioning as it should; temp lacquer applied!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, THS92-GWR-NO said:

That applies to more of us? I can't get it good either. You want details or is it in the works? 

Quick polish applied.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

The issue with the ads applies to me too.  I didn't notice as I normally use an ad blocker!

The Gold Lounge also seems to have disappeared, not noticed until I wanted to ask the following question:-

I applied for a free tickets for the Bristol show on the Saturday.  The email said that the ticket factory would be sending them out by email a week before the show.  We are now only 5 days away from the Start and I still haven't received mine .

Do you know when they are being sent out?

update

Having now posted this I noticed my Gold status has disappeared!

I recently cleared my cache and cookies and relogged into both rmweb and World of Railways.

Istill have access to all the benifts on the World of railways site

Regards

Brian

Edited by beejack

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I appear to have 'lost' my premium status (both on mobile and laptop). Adverts have returned. Accessing the 'Theme' tab at bottom of page shows the system has reverted to 'RMweb 2021 (Default)'. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or is it something at my end/setup?

• 6 months later...

I know 30 seconds after pressing submit reply I am going to find the answer anyway, but...

where does one subscribe to the paid options for the forum, please? It's clearly staring me right in the face. I've found an advert for premium, but it seems gold is the top one and apart from wanting to get the best experience, I want to try and support the forum. Seems fair- a lot of forum for not much money.,

But it's a secret that's eluding me.

TIA

Derek

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Derekstuart said:

I know 30 seconds after pressing submit reply I am going to find the answer anyway, but...

where does one subscribe to the paid options for the forum, please? It's clearly staring me right in the face. I've found an advert for premium, but it seems gold is the top one and apart from wanting to get the best experience, I want to try and support the forum. Seems fair- a lot of forum for not much money.,

But it's a secret that's eluding me.

TIA

Derek

@Derekstuart

Click on page one of this very topic and click on the big black link in @AY Mod s first post. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Derekstuart said:

Thanks Matt. I clicked the link last night but... but... it was late and... err... I was not expecting all that so I.... it was late... Many thanks.

When you DO sign up just make sure you double read everything and follow ALL the steps, and THEN  when it doesn't work drop @AY Mod a message and he will tell you what you DIDN'T  do and fix it for you 😉

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, coronach said:

Hello, I have just paid for my gold membership status. Please would you correct my settings to stop the pop up advertisements. Thank you. 

I can't find a transaction on the system that matches your email address on the RMweb database.

Did you follow the instructions here? The bit in bold is the crucial bit.

How do I get RMweb Premium?

You will of course need an RMweb login for this to work!

Go to the payment gateway - https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/store/membership-subscriptions#rmwebPremiumTabPane - you will need to create a World of Railways account if you don't already have one.

Go to the Integration page - http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and login with your World of Railways account and RMweb account and this should automatically reconcile the permissions so you get your extras as soon as you've signed in.

Return to RMweb and refresh if necessary**.

If you still see any Google Ads you may have the Default theme; go to the bottom of any page and click on 'Themes' and select RMweb Premium from the dropdown. The header logo should now show RMweb Premium.

** - if any problems are encountered please clear any RMweb cookies and browsing history and login again. If the problem persists please advise what device and browser you are using.

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I can't find a transaction on the system that matches your email address on the RMweb database.

Did you follow the instructions here? The bit in bold is the crucial bit.

How do I get RMweb Premium?

You will of course need an RMweb login for this to work!

Go to the payment gateway - https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/store/membership-subscriptions#rmwebPremiumTabPane - you will need to create a World of Railways account if you don't already have one.

Go to the Integration page - http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and login with your World of Railways account and RMweb account and this should automatically reconcile the permissions so you get your extras as soon as you've signed in.

Return to RMweb and refresh if necessary**.

If you still see any Google Ads you may have the Default theme; go to the bottom of any page and click on 'Themes' and select RMweb Premium from the dropdown. The header logo should now show RMweb Premium.

** - if any problems are encountered please clear any RMweb cookies and browsing history and login again. If the problem persists please advise what device and browser you are using.

Hello, I think the problem is that my WOR log in email address and RMweb email address are different. I tried to change my WOR email address in setting to match the RMweb login but couldn’t. Is there a way I can do that?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, coronach said:

I think the problem is that my WOR log in email address and RMweb email address are different.

That'll be why I couldn't tally anything. 

Are your initials RB? If so, I'll get it fixed for you.

• 2 weeks later...

using google chrome on a desktop, not gold membership. Just took about seven attempts to get this far, as soon as the screen opens a very dangerous malware "advert" for BT tempting me with offers in Euros for completing a "survey" and also purporting to be from Vodaphone. Luckily my malware is up to date....

I know this has been said a thousand times and we get that you have to monetise the site and turn a substantial profit for your owners but this ain't the right route, as the site is un-useable.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

using google chrome on a desktop, not gold membership. Just took about seven attempts to get this far, as soon as the screen opens a very dangerous malware "advert" for BT tempting me with offers in Euros for completing a "survey" and also purporting to be from Vodaphone. Luckily my malware is up to date....

I know this has been said a thousand times and we get that you have to monetise the site and turn a substantial profit for your owners but this ain't the right route, as the site is un-useable.

That is not any advertising we have placed, it could be something tracked from other sites visited and therefore we cannot solve that issue.