Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It won't be that many guys, I would like a 31 in Blue, but most, like my last one seem to have the poo chassis, so may wait and see what comes up. Another Blue 56 would also be a nice addition, but as were set around the Midlands, there will (UNFORTUNATELY) no 26 or 27's or 33's I suspect, certainly in the short term. 50's would have gone all West Country Passenger by the 80's so that rules them out as well.

BTW Martin, I already have 2 x 47's but still no 37's YET.

It was only recently I found out that Class 27s in BR Corporate Blue were in the Leicester area in the late '60s, pre-TOPS true but blue all the same!

all the best,

Keith

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

It won't be that many guys, I would like a 31 in Blue, but most, like my last one seem to have the poo chassis, so may wait and see what comes up. Another Blue 56 would also be a nice addition, but as were set around the Midlands, there will (UNFORTUNATELY) no 26 or 27's or 33's I suspect, certainly in the short term. 50's would have gone all West Country Passenger by the 80's so that rules them out as well.

BTW Martin, I already have 2 x 47's but still no 37's YET.

Of the Hornby blue 31s, 31270 and 31111 were suspect. 31268 seems to have been fine and i have two renumbered ones from 268 and the chassis is fine. Alternatively come October Hornby skinhead 31102 is coming, which features a new chassis arrangement apparently. I’ll be getting one to become 117 or121.

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

50's would have gone all West Country Passenger by the 80's so that rules them out as well.

I seem to recall lots of Hoovers at B'ham New St, into the mid-80s at least, so quite likely to be seen in the Midlands. I didn't see any there in NSE livery but that was a bit later anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tractionman said:

It was only recently I found out that Class 27s in BR Corporate Blue were in the Leicester area in the late '60s, pre-TOPS true but blue all the same!

all the best,

Keith

Hi Keith, in the new book; On Shed No 2, Class 27 ran the Burton / London Ale Trains, and were shedded at Overseal, and Fuelled at Burton, so I guess I could use Rule 1 for a Blue Tops one after all.

Cheers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Of the Hornby blue 31s, 31270 and 31111 were suspect. 31268 seems to have been fine and i have two renumbered ones from 268 and the chassis is fine. Alternatively come October Hornby skinhead 31102 is coming, which features a new chassis arrangement apparently. I’ll be getting one to become 117 or121.

I had 268, and it failed, I too am waiting for the new one, but it does seem a tad expensive, so need a close look at a Railroad one. The 20 in Railroad is superb for the money.

1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

I seem to recall lots of Hoovers at B'ham New St, into the mid-80s at least, so quite likely to be seen in the Midlands. I didn't see any there in NSE livery but that was a bit later anyway.

Thanks, I hadn't realised that, so I can get away with a Pre Large Logo one on here and on the Parcels Service for Mason Street as well.

BRILLIANT, 

Cheers.

• Like 3

Vaguely recall there being a hoover on Burton shed around the time of its closure.  My dad worked at the local newspaper and brought me a picture home - I guess there was an article in the paper at the time.  You can make up a story to justify about anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Keith, in the new book; On Shed No 2, Class 27 ran the Burton / London Ale Trains, and were shedded at Overseal, and Fuelled at Burton, so I guess I could use Rule 1 for a Blue Tops one after all.

Cheers.

No, you cannot have a Bo-Bo in blue with a TOPS number as they had all been banished to the wrong side of Hadrian's Wall, well, before TOPS was a real thing. :rtfm:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, gismorail said:

Looks like the Loco Stud is going to have to expand Andy me old mucker :scared:good to have a chat today glad all is well with you and Dee 

Hi Martin, The phone call yesterday was really appreciated mate, a really chat and put the world to rights. 

Good luck with Chester Northgate, whatever you decide to do with it, as it really is a superb Depot Layout.

Cheers again.

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No, you cannot have a Bo-Bo in blue with a TOPS number as they had all been banished to the wrong side of Hadrian's Wall, well, before TOPS was a real thing. :rtfm:

Just looked up the Model Railway Rule Book, and the section specifically on Bo-Bo TOPS Numbers, which clearly states that in TOPS, TOPS Numbers can be S T R E T C H E D to any point that pleases the operator at any moment in time under the RULE 1 notice of motion and coding regulations.

So there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:P:man_in_love_mini:

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Just looked up the Model Railway Rule Book, and the section specifically on Bo-Bo TOPS Numbers, which clearly states that in TOPS, TOPS Numbers can be S T R E T C H E D to any point that pleases the operator at any moment in time under the RULE 1 notice of motion and coding regulations.

So there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:P:man_in_love_mini:

Ah!! But Rule 2 comes into force when we are talking about one of Clive's favorite classes of locos being misrepresented.  :rtfm::ireful::cry:

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ah!! But Rule 2 comes into force when we are talking about one of Clive's favorite classes of locos being misrepresented.  :rtfm::ireful::cry:

Are there two L's on B O * * O C K S?:laugh:

So back to normality, or whatever that is. ''K'' is now wired and working, so a little more may happen today, who knows.

Glad I didn't order a BATCH of DJM APT's, haha:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Nice track plan,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,, where is the Bachmann crane going to go, (assuming of course it ever arrives, it might beat those of us who have accumulated a few years!).

Mike.

Tother side of Bridge Lad, int yard bit.:pickeat:and can't be seen I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Just now, Enterprisingwestern said:

Have you got IP on this track plan, I only ask as I was going to steal amend with my own fair hand, the plan using the new EMGS RTP trackwork!

Mike.

I don't charge Mike, Ian / Tamarier ? asked many moons ago if he could use the concept of my Kingsmill Yard Layout in revers for his Tidworth, and I was more than happy for him to go ahead, and he has done a FAR BETTER Layout of it than I did with Kingsmill.

Cheers Buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

28 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

So Andy just how many models are you building at the moment and multi scales too.   It's all looking very accomplished.

Best :sungum:

Haha, Barnaby, only 2 scales, OO and O.

In OO I have this one and Mason St, (Goods), and Seven Mills Sidings in O.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Nice to see you doing some building's Mate, looking good, going down to Stafford for a few hour's of spotting, that's if there's anything left to spot Hahahah we'll see...

• Like 3

Early start to today, and first job was out with the Paint Brushes, ( NO,,,,,, Not decorating), but some bits between the Warehouses, more will be done here later, including Vents, and Air Conditioning Units on a couple of the Warehouses, plus maybe some signage, Drainpipes and Weathering.

IMG_7507.JPG.ba704e6d4e39e5dac207a28110a56679.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG.ab7b4334d89d87240fa269c35c5fc409.JPG

IMG_7510.JPG.422b9788b8432577b6ec2101c6d9b69a.JPG

IMG_7509.JPG.a85491b83aa061e87e5ed52057d960c7.JPG 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Then a start was made on the Bridge.

IMG_7511.JPG.80ea4e4dcbd312603c8dd479dd2d5694.JPG

IMG_7512.JPG.2aeda97ae608c8260cdb7bb5f758a37d.JPG

IMG_7513.JPG.761bd536fc023cb513eef217533a6619.JPG

NOTE = First Embankment profiles cut ready.

IMG_7514.JPG.99c6a4fd97cf4465ae1ecd74c140e18f.JPG

Great work as always Andy - I really can't keep up with you.  However, from an ex bridge man I have to point out something which jars with me.

1769396283_IMG_7514.JPG.99c6a4fd97cf4465ae1ecd74c140e18fcopy.jpg.2bfe4766c9cf503600b32031eafa6b59.jpg

Your girder spans from A to B so you dont need the support that I have ringed in red.  But of course there is always Rule 1.

Best Regards,

Brian.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Great work as always Andy - I really can't keep up with you.  However, from an ex bridge man I have to point out something which jars with me.

1769396283_IMG_7514.JPG.99c6a4fd97cf4465ae1ecd74c140e18fcopy.jpg.2bfe4766c9cf503600b32031eafa6b59.jpg

Your girder spans from A to B so you dont need the support that I have ringed in red.  But of course there is always Rule 1.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Cheers Brian, BUT, Rule 1 says; If you have a wide span, then insert a centre section to help hide the view through to the Fiddle Yard.:yes:

• Like 4