Model Trains International - site down?

Tony Davis

I've tried to log in to the MTI site a few times over the last couple of days, but keep getting an "access denied" message. Anybody had any luck accessing the site recently? I know the mag ceased publication a while ago, but the board has been active and there are still a number of books available.

regards

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm getting 'unable to connect to the database', but the title and 4 'headers' appearing okay (Contents/Index/Search/Forums, but each just returns the 'unable to connect to the database' error when clicked on) which implies that there something awry with the coding, rather than the url not being renewed.

ISTR the late Jack 'Shortliner' Trollope being involved somehow with the MTI website (as Chris E was notably not a 'techie'), so perhaps Shortliner's demise has left MTI with no one to run/fix/access the  website coding? 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/07/2019 at 16:35, CloggyDog said:

I'm getting 'unable to connect to the database', but the title and 4 'headers' appearing okay (Contents/Index/Search/Forums, but each just returns the 'unable to connect to the database' error when clicked on) which implies that there something awry with the coding, rather than the url not being renewed.

ISTR the late Jack 'Shortliner' Trollope being involved somehow with the MTI website (as Chris E was notably not a 'techie'), so perhaps Shortliner's demise has left MTI with no one to run/fix/access the  website coding? 

Hi Folks, does anyone know how to contact Chris Ellis.  I used to write for Scale Model Trains many years ago and had heard Chris was poorly and wanted to catch up with him. Regards Paul