RevolutioN announce OO Gauge IPA Wagons

sc2016

Hi Ben - can you confirm when the red livery was first applied to the STVA car carriers? I can't find any pics of red ones before circa 2006/7, and I'm wondering whether red ones would have been around in 2002/3 (the era that I model). Appreciate you're doing the grey livery too, but I'd like a mixture of the two if the red ones were around at that time.

Cheers,

Dave.

I think I read somewhere that the red livery was first applied in 2005, but I can't recall where I read that.  For my era, circa 2007, I concluded that grey would still have been the most common livery, but that I could justify having one that had been repainted into red.  For the 2002/03 era, I think they would all be grey, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

I know utterly nothing about cars, I cycle or use trains, but I have both the open and covered red IPAs on order. 

Thus, would it be prototypical to have an Oxford Diecast 'Discovery' for c.2006 era and 'Evoke' for c.present day? 

Have these transit vans changed between these times for the open IPAs? Are transit vans available as models? 

If I could be pointed in the right direction, I shall start buying up a fleet of cars. And planting a tree per purchase! 

59 minutes ago, 159220 said:

Thus, would it be prototypical to have an Oxford Diecast 'Discovery' for c.2006 era and 'Evoke' for c. present day? 

I'd say yes, but not at the same time.  As far as I know, the wagons are generally used to transport cars from factory to regional distributor, so all vehicles being conveyed in a train would be from the same manufacturer and be of the same vintage.

1 hour ago, 159220 said:

Have these transit vans changed between these times for the open IPAs? Are transit vans available as models? 

Oxford Diecast produce a large range of Ford Transit vans covering several different versions depending on your time period.  However, if you've the red versions on order, then the ones sold as Mk 1 and Mk 3 are too old, these representing Transit vans from circa 1965 - 1977 (Mk 1) and 1986 - 1995 (Mk 3).  If you go by the registration plates on the others, you should be able to judge whether they are appropriate for your chosen time period.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Did Pete Watermans Thomas Brassey layout have some of these running at GETs or am i mistaken?

Hi,

No, they were Mike Wild's Bachmann Car Carriers, but I did convince Mr Waterman to go and order a rake of the Revolution ones!

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

The project page estimate is still correct!  We're just waiting for confirmation from the factory that they have finished production (or a revised estimate) then they will ship.  Once shipped they will take around 6 weeks to get to the UK.

Cheers Mike

Most useful, thanks Mike.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

If there's ever likely to be a new run of these, I'd be interested for a couple of rakes to suit the mid 2000s period.

The production run is running a month or so late and missed shopping before CNY so will be here March/April (depending on how quickly they ship after CNY). 

There should be plenty available from our retailers for anyone who missed out on our pre-ordering. 

cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

There should be plenty available from our retailers for anyone who missed out on our pre-ordering. 

And even those will be more expensive than the direct pre order prices, I expect that they'd still be cheaper than another run in a few years time if the last few years is anything to go by!

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 20/03/2022 at 20:22, The Black Prince said:

Not heard or seen anything, so please excuse my ignorance but have these left China yet ? :D

Hi,

The website has now been updated to say that they expecting a Mid-May shipping date from China with a June / July delivery date.

Simon

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The OO/4mm IPA car carriers left the factory recently and are now on the high seas.  Due into Southampton (IIRC) in about 6 weeks time.  We will advise of more detailed expected delivery date to the UK when we are more certain along with any balance payment arrangements.

Cheers Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1