Small TT gauge locos for micro layout

eastworld

I have a few bits of TT gauge stock which I got for a layout that I haven't built. I would like to build a micro in TT scale so I need a small loco, ideally an 0-4-0 tank loco or 4w diesel. Is there anything available that could be easily converted to something British style? I don't really want to build a kit as the idea is to keep it cheap.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There are of course RTR locos in continental TT. The Tillig V36 might be convertible into something British. It's a superb runner, but not "cheap" although I think this same diesel was modelled earlier by Berliner-Bahn. The current Tillig version is a new model, so I can't say how well the Berliner-Bahn model runs.

The V36 is a jack shaft drive 0-6-0 diesel of wartime origin, similar in general appearance to a class 08.

• RMweb Premium

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/06/2019 at 16:07, D9020 Nimbus said:

There are of course RTR locos in continental TT. The Tillig V36 might be convertible into something British. It's a superb runner, but not "cheap" although I think this same diesel was modelled earlier by Berliner-Bahn. The current Tillig version is a new model, so I can't say how well the Berliner-Bahn model runs.

The V36 is a jack shaft drive 0-6-0 diesel of wartime origin, similar in general appearance to a class 08.

I'm in the process of converting a V36 into a small UK-ish 0-4-0 - see the "On your, 3mm Workbench" thread. 

I've also produced a 3D printed body-shell of a Nasmyth Wilson 0-8-0 industrial shunter which fits the Berliner Bahn/Zeuke DR92/BR81 chassis. https://www.shapeways.com/product/2LF5D9NGJ/tt-3mm-nasmyth-wilson-0-8-0t

My examples were bought from eBay with minor body damage but both locos run well. 

Mike