Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)

surfsup

1 minute ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Ah, but if you have them run empty in one direction, you then need a second set of wagons to run loaded in the other direction ;)

TBH where my layout is set (ECML) the only excuse I have for these is them going to Doncaster for maintenance (which I believe they do)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

About 60% of orders have gone out now, with a further 20% going into the post today/tomorrow.

The remaining 20% are a combination of very large orders/international orders (both of which will probably need to go by courier) and orders we're waiting for balance payments on.

Cheers Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

About 60% of orders have gone out now, with a further 20% going into the post today/tomorrow.

The remaining 20% are a combination of very large orders/international orders (both of which will probably need to go by courier) and orders we're waiting for balance payments on.

Cheers Mike

Do we definitely get a dispatched notice against our orders when you send them out? I don't know if mine are still with you or if they are on their way. 

3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Do we definitely get a dispatched notice against our orders when you send them out? I don't know if mine are still with you or if they are on their way. 

Yes. I would also like to know this.

I paid in full for my items at the time of ordering. (just over a year ago now).

Is it just the customers who had a balance to pay that are getting a despatch email or are all orders being advised this way.

Thanks in advance Revolution.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ditto :good:

My dispatch note from Revolution arrived by e-mail three days after the wagons were in my possession.  The first I knew of their imminent arrival was an e-mail from Royal Mail stating that they had received my parcel and it was on its way, with a subsequent Royal Mail e-mail giving an anticipated delivery time.  Since I wasn't expecting any other deliveries, I deduced that it must be my IWAs.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If everything works correctly then you should get an email (or emails if you have more than one order) from us plus an email and/or a text from Royal Mail with tracking details plus your order status will change from processing to complete on our website (if you paid a deposit your order is only despatched when both halves of the order ie deposit and balance(s) are marked as Complete).

Sometimes we miss despatching the odd order on our system which we then tidy up later when we cross-check stuff (hence the example Dungrange gives).

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 3

Mine arrived this morning.  Very impressed with the packaging and presentation and even more so with the contents!   I wasted no time in popping EM wheels in one of them, though I need to put an order in with EMGS stores for some more....!

The one I've rewheeled looks well alongside the dia. E512 Habfis, as the pic below shows.  Looking forward to weathering it up, as per my many photos showing these on the Sheerness to Willesden/Mossend back in the late 90s.

20220114_174132.jpg.4f9b1e4dc8388566fcc262a026e77700.jpg

Edited by Tim
Inability to spell.....
  • Like 14

Well I am delighted to say that my pack of Holdalls arrived Friday afternoon and they are as excellent as I expected them to be. I have also shared another pack in order to have three of these now.

Today has been spent with a touch of backdating. When first delivered they had the left hand Hydro as a lesser height compared to the later logos and ISIS Group as a large transfer to the right hand side. The small ISIS Group logo at the far right hand side was also not present.

From Paul Bartlett's site wagon 83 80 4741 012 had this style so I originally guessed that all the ones prior to this were the same. The following photo from September 1988 shows certainly 4 of the later style, 2 of the earlier style and possibly 1 more of each plus an unbranded holdall.

Photo Dave Jolly on Flickr

By 1990, Paul Bartlett's site shows that wagon numbers 008 and 010 had the later style and from checking more photos on Flickr I now believe that the branding was applied randomly and that the style shown on numbers 008 and 010 was carried by these from the outset. Wagons which were rebranded kept the smaller left hand Hydro, had the Isis Group logo covered by a larger Hydro and did not receive the small Isis Group on the far right hand side.

With Aberdeen Kirkhill being set in early 1988 I decided to change the branding of wagons 008 and 010. Strictly speaking one wagon should now be 012 and I am still looking for further examples in this early style. The new transfer paper I have used was not great but I have managed to do some touching up so they are now reasonably acceptable. These two can also be weathered, hopefully covering the numbers a bit, whereas wagon 036 will be kept very clean indeed. The silver blank on wagon 010 is a match for the rest of the wagon but is slightly more gloss and has caught the light.

677754556_RevolutionTrainsHoldalls.jpg.6c1b97f256bc412ee4a386165c48c2e2.jpg

I must finish by saying many thanks to Revolution Trains for making these wagons available for all of us.

Edited by Flood
Amended the branding variations to being randomly applied from numbers 001 to approx 046
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

My wagons arrived today. First purchase with Revolution and they are superb. Im happy to wait when the end product is as good as this. Models not toys. Just ordered a pair of mullet engineers wagons on the strength of what I've had so far. 

Great job and thank you.

• Like 2

Hello...

image.png.64b8e61a0059a27309183f09e9959641.png

image.png.cd589dbd2077798733507c9956c58b35.png

image.png.766baff24b3fcf77d4d222f7e85af9bd.png

Seconding previous comments, the packaging is absolutely beautiful. Quality feel from the word go. Credit to whoever designed that!

As per with all my stock, I've used my DCC Concepts back to back to make sure wheelsets are all fine. I have also loosened bogie screws by one full turn to allow for them to go round my super-elevated track (it's not perfect, but it's alright!). Hunt Elite ultra-close couplings were also fitted, and make such a difference.

A great all-round wagon that's dying for some grime to recreate the real thing that found itself going to Holyhead.

My only criticism, and this is enhanced due to my super-elevation, is that I find the flanges are a bit too shallow for reliable running. The curves have proven interesting for a number of my stock, including the older Bachmann 66, but I think I'll be swapping on the wheelsets on these IWAs for some with deeper flanges (and no Hornby, I'm not talking about your pizza cutting wheels) to improve the running.

But let it be known, if that's the only work I need to do to get them to work on my layout, then I'll call that a success.

These wagons will be off to Andy 'The Weatherman' at some point soon to recreate the filth that these wagons found themselves running in. My big thanks to all the team involved in these wagons. The wait has been worth it, and they're pride of the fleet for sure.

Let's finish with a video of 37425 working 6F18 Holyhead RTZ - Warrington Arpley, seen here passing through the walls of Conwy...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JackB95 said:

My only criticism, and this is enhanced due to my super-elevation, is that I find the flanges are a bit too shallow for reliable running. The curves have proven interesting for a number of my stock, including the older Bachmann 66, but I think I'll be swapping on the wheelsets on these IWAs for some with deeper flanges (and no Hornby, I'm not talking about your pizza cutting wheels) to improve the running.

Did you slacken the screws on the bogies to give them a bit more play? Mine were similar but then behave fine now I have done that.

Edit, missed that above, but I needed more than one full turn for mine.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Did you slacken the screws on the bogies to give them a bit more play? Mine were similar but then behave fine now I have done that.

Edit, missed that above, but I needed more than one full turn for mine.

Yes mate. First job I did whilst swapping out the couplings. Full turn of the screw made a big difference. Not quite enough for my curve unfortunately unless I'm really careful. Like a pot of rice on the hob. Doing fine until the one second you look away haha. 

• Funny 2