Help Identifying Battery Petrol Loco

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, 

I'm after help Identifying a loco I've had for about twenty years. I recall seeing a couple on a stall at a 16mm show (we were traders so went to a lot) and it's a resin kit so not a one-off scratch build.

Battery powered, 2xAA, with portescap motor and simple DPDT switch for control.

Any ideas? Unlikely to still be being made, I'm sure, but i would be interested in identifying it anyway. 

IMG_20190806_162552.jpg

IMG_20190806_162603.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil,

Andel did do similar locos, but not quite the same. I've since found that what I have is a Fendyke loco, apparently long out of business but there are a couple of these locos knocking about, from what I've found on Youtube.

I'll be at the big annual show in Peterborough next March so may find out more then, while also seeking out any IMP items to photograph as well.

In the meantime I'll be giving this a clean up, strip and repaint.

• 11 months later...

Always liked the Fendyke and IMP combination.

From the days when a battery diesel and small train could be bought for £180. I had my own version using a similar small Diesel with plasticard body and white metal frame O&K along with some Perfect World woodpecker stock. My version of the Rye and Camber but to 32mm not 45mm.

The little diesel and consist used to orbit the BIG TRACK at GMES (equal to around 7scale miles) and took an hour, so the loco ran at a scale line speed.

Whilst the garden railers argued over their "corner of the plot" garden line with considerably less running line and time 20-25 minutes of non-stop roundy-roundy at a scale 40mph.

All horses for courses. BUT all great fun in their way