All new RTR PHA/JGA Bogie Hopper wagon

Grimleygrid

On 21/12/2020 at 16:31, Deltic Man said:

Hi all 

I have pre ordered some of these should I have received an invoice as yet for them or will it be the new year just want to make sure my pre order was successful

Nik

Good morning Nik,

Thank you for your pre-order.

Invoices will be going out next month so don't worry.

Hope that helps.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2021 at 19:51, Marcoblanco said:

Hey Grizz you should be scratchbuilding those!! lol!! At least I managed 'one'

Hey Marco, good to hear from you mate, hope all well. Not sure that I am up to it skills wise. Your one was spot on.
The Bardon wagons used to roll by me at Clapham Jcn and at Channelsea Jcn. I think I’ve got a photo of a Mainline Blue liveried 58 on the Yellow and Green ones at Clapham....somewhere. 

Are you working on anything at the moment?

I might end up having to have a go at building some as I didn’t get an acknowledgment to submitting the form. :mda:

Trying to get some RILS finished at the moment....as well as quarrying slate from the back of our house to clear a path around the back and stop it bridging the DPC. Gunned out about 2 cubic meters so far, still got 3 to go. 

8C521CB6-1E20-4046-8A21-17A3BA0ABD95.jpeg.3b7630a49120257cb22ac364c40a6e3a.jpeg

Edited by Grizz
Auto corroct
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 08:00, Grizz said:

Hey Marco, good to hear from you mate, hope all well. Not sure that I am up to it skills wise. Your one was spot on.
The Bardon wagons used to roll by me at Clapham Jcn and at Channelsea Jcn. I think I’ve got a photo of a Mainline Blue liveried 58 on the Yellow and Green ones at Clapham....somewhere. 

Are you working on anything at the moment?

I might end up having to have a go at building some as I didn’t get an acknowledgment to submitting the form. :mda:

Trying to get some RILS finished at the moment....as well as quarrying slate from the back of our house to clear a path around the back and stop it bridging the DPC. Gunned out about 2 cubic meters so far, still got 3 to go. 

8C521CB6-1E20-4046-8A21-17A3BA0ABD95.jpeg.3b7630a49120257cb22ac364c40a6e3a.jpeg

Good morning Grizz, thank you for your pre-order.

Did you select "Send me a copy of my responses" on page 6 before submitting the form?

Unfortunately unless this option is selected a confirmation of your pre-order will not be sent.

However, if you send an email to cavalexmodels@gmail.com we can check and confirm that your pre-order has been received.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Both5.PNG.f34bfc371ccba8964ae384e2f59b935e.PNG

Cavalex Models are excited to announce that we will be contacting customers and issuing invoices within the next week to 10 days, with the aim of starting the tooling stage of the process at the end of March/early April for our 4mm PHA/JGA wagon. 

Thank you to everyone that has supported this project so far. We are very excited about this project moving to the tooling stage of the process.

Back in 2018 we asked for suggestions for future projects following the commencement of production of our PGA wagon and the BBA and PHA/JGA were both high on the list. The number of pre-orders received for our PHA/JGA certainly confirms the feedback received and proves that this will be a popular wagon for modellers.

Please fill in the form below to pre-order now:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecf69ZSMRXizZwL2pJAOYW1fLlqg_CUrJ8QeK8702BH8Jjag/viewform

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Alex/Cav, did the first invoices go out in the timescale advised in the last post. I made a pre order on 2 liveries, before end of Jan but have not been invoiced. I took a copy to confirm the expression had been registered.

Edited by rembrow

16 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Alex/Cav, did the first invoices go out in the timescale advised in the last post. I made a pre order on 2 liveries, before end of Jan but have not been invoiced. I took a copy to confirm the expression had been registered.

Good afternoon Rembrow,

Thanks for your message.

The first batch of invoices were sent out by email yesterday evening. Hopefully the rest of the invoices will be sent out this evening.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/05/2021 at 22:11, amwells said:

I’ve come to this one late... is it possible to still order?

Good evening Amwells,

Apologies for the delay in replying. You can still pre-order our PHA/JGA wagons, please see below link to the pre-order form here:

More information can be found on our website.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0949.jpg.5b620c5b27bf361994a22989b4a3687f.jpg

Cavalex Models are pleased to announce that we have achieved our target for pre-orders and delighted to let you know that our PHA/JGA wagon project has now moved forward to the tooling stage.

The tooling stage is estimated to take approximately 3 months to complete subject to changes. We would expect to have the first samples from the moulds within a month of the tooling having been finished.

We have emailed all our customers that have pre-ordered the PHA/JGA - if you have submitted a pre-order but haven’t received an email from us please get in touch.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

4387896906_dd0937f4cd_k.jpg.eabf51758d234096c24ece78f361a9ba.jpg

Photo courtesy Phil Grain

The first Engineering Prototype samples of our PHA/JGA bogie hopper wagons have arrived and these will be on display at The Great Electric Train Show this weekend.

If you are attending the show then please visit our stand to view the samples and say hello.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, lyneux said:

Any more pics Alex for those who won’t make it this weekend?

Guy

Hi Guy,

Please see photos of the first sample below:

3F7B5A7A-973A-43E2-86DF-7F2DFB2B7665.jpeg.3a944854288672764e7151ce67e821a5.jpeg

C6AB3BD5-8664-4A55-97D2-51883DB8293E.jpeg.d8a7dc64b633def000c9d7de71c296e3.jpeg

F94A1858-A403-4353-9AAE-8537A0F6F0C9.jpeg.3b5a2741a9984bf8bd81b68b3ba186c6.jpeg

EE2B2FC4-E94F-4645-A509-E9B48C34D4FC.jpeg.1898267dc73154ec63a30e60485bc495.jpeg

A793E9A5-CB17-4051-9121-AC349006A3F5.jpeg.931c5cc49f34043871b125e28e03a5c3.jpeg

Apologies for the rubbish phone pics - will post some better ones up in the light box later in the week.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of news on here. The latest information is that we received painted samples of both the green and later blue and white Bardon liveries for display at the GETS show this year and these have been promptly returned with comments to enable final production.

These wagons are now due to be inserted into the next available factory slot and should be with us for delivery mid 2023.

Bardon painted.jpg

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add to the above, I have seen these at both GETS and Warley now and could br up there with the best bogie Hoppers we have seen in 00 yet. The attention to detail is crazy - they look even better in person! 

Had a really good (& long!) chat with the Cavalex team and we very much appreciate them listening to some feedback, as well as showing us all the latest updates.

It was great chatting and I would very much appreciate your prototype formations of these wagons as done with the PGA’s previously. 

thanks 😃

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...