RevolutioN Announce IWA Holdall Vans and Timber Carriers in N Gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonhall said:

You haven't included the eminently modellable Eastleigh speedlinks to Holton Heath that often worked to a seemingly random combination of Hamworthy, Wool, Wareham Furzebrook and Bournemouth fueling point

47363 Northam

Foam foam, gurgle, gurgle, this gives me a great excuse to buy a clay tiger and 47363 blah blah blah did a <insert random class number> ever work these trains - Nobody cares!! 

Jon

<Cue panto season>...oh yes, I have!  It is in the miscellaneous section with the timber carriers (as I only remembered about it after I'd run out of space on the first graphic!).

Cheers Mike

• Funny 3

• 3 months later...

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had a load of balance invoices through for these, so I guess they’re close. 

Must finish my Novelis/JLR containers to compliment them! Will retailers have stock? I wish I’d bought another pair (as always).  

• Like 1

The Revolution IWAs have arrived this morning. They look superb, ordered 2 plain silver and 2 Cargowaggon livery. Will hopefully get chance to run them later though did manage to take some quick pictures.
Thanks to the Revolution team for another superb model.

20220127_101533.jpg

20220127_101126.jpg

20220127_101735.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Mine have just landed too, lacking the glorious setting of Dallam you’ll have to live with a timber wagon on some Easitrac on my desk. Very impressed, lovely detail! Will have to get my brave pants on and weather the vans, being as they’re such a state in real life!

25FDA3E7-3DAB-40FF-80B2-87338B8004B2.jpeg.8d1d8e773ada472ba9db9c962773c2d1.jpeg

694D42EC-2B04-4659-BF6B-13FFA1CE3968.jpeg

• Like 6

On 20/01/2022 at 07:54, njee20 said:

Just had a load of balance invoices through for these, so I guess they’re close. 

Must finish my Novelis/JLR containers to compliment them! Will retailers have stock? I wish I’d bought another pair (as always).  

Are the Novelis containers the lowish, silver, apparently curtain-sided ones that show up in pretty much every YouTube video of Acton Bridge, in a train of about a dozen each holdalls and container flats?

Jim

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Are the Novelis containers the lowish, silver, apparently curtain-sided ones that show up in pretty much every YouTube video of Acton Bridge, in a train of about a dozen each holdalls and container flats?

Jim

Exactly. These:

image.jpeg.5e6c5d8f53d0135715d5443b90f9e5b5.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Yep, it's aluminium from Nievenheim in Germany, which goes to JLR at Halewood. It comprises IWA vans and FIA twins with the JLR/Novelis swapbodies. Comes through the Channel Tunnel, then Dollands Moor to DIRFT, and on to Halewood.

Apologies for the hijack! Still a current flow though, so good for anyone modelling present day.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

There's some sample flow consists including the IWAs and the JLR containers here: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/iwa-sfins-2-holdall-vans-and-rfnoos-timber-carriers/

For those that missed out (or want some more!) retailers will be getting their orders early next week as the majority of our direct orders have gone out (if your order hasn't been marked as despatched yet please don't worry as we've still got some to send out!).

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought my sets with the plan to use them on fertiliser traffic and bought the Norsk Hydro liveried ones accordingly. However, I'm tempted to get a few more for the Anglesey aluminium trains.

Am I right in thinking that their use on the Holyhead aluminium trains was post privatisation?

Steven B.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Steven B said:

Am I right in thinking that their use on the Holyhead aluminium trains was post privatisation?

My best guess is that the flow started post-privatisation as all the photos are EWS 37s/60s/67s but when I was doing the sample consists the mid-90s seemed to be a bit of a black spot for flows/info/photos. 

cheers Mike

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steven B said:

I bought my sets with the plan to use them on fertiliser traffic and bought the Norsk Hydro liveried ones accordingly. However, I'm tempted to get a few more for the Anglesey aluminium trains.

Steven B.

Yes, this flow ran between 2005 and 2009 when the plant ceased smelting operations.

Edited by CazRail
Spelling

1 hour ago, Revolution Mike said:

My best guess is that the flow started post-privatisation as all the photos are EWS 37s/60s/67s but when I was doing the sample consists the mid-90s seemed to be a bit of a black spot for flows/info/photos. 

cheers Mike

There didn't seem to be much Aluminium traffic out of there between the end of Speedlink and 2005. There were one or two one-offs, but other than that nothing much.

The petroleum coke ran from 1971 until 2001 using the unique PAB hoppers, then was a 4 year gap of nothing until the Alu started in 2005.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Came home yesterday to find my Norsk Hydro ones waiting for me. Another cracking release by RevolutioN.

Somewhere down the line I'll do an Immingham petroleum sector 47 to go with them, and I'm still on the lookout for some Minitrix curtain siders (I know not 100% prototypical) to apply the Railtec Norsk Hydro transfers to.

PXL_20220204_093611236.jpg

Edited by Stuart A
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Picked up a few timber carriers recently, just as impressive as the vans! One of the wagons has the filed pin point issue, but it doesn't appear to affect the running in my case, thankfully! Aside from that, superb models. 

1193232846_revolutiontrainsrfnoosa.jpg.43ff0687b50a41be909ac427024c83bc.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 1

Has anyone yet had a go at using the spare pack of red stakes supplied in the N gauge timber carriers? I have tried gently moving some of the blue stakes back and forth to see if there was any movement where they are mounted to the platform but I dont see any give. I dont want to break one off half way down leaving difficult lumps in the chassis. The instructions mention fixing the red stakes with PVA but the blue ones fitted at the factory seem to be glued with sterner stuff!

Dave

@davepallantthe one stanchion I've had a play with seemed to be held on with a strong but rubbery glue. There is a pip in a hole where the stanchion meets the chassis, if you very gently try to wobble the stanchion left and right, rotating about the mounting point, you'll feel the glue become weaker and eventually the stanchion becomes very wobbly.

Jo

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1