Cadley Hill (Now owned by Peter BB) see Page 5

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Ade, Your right re the Droppers etc.

I have modified the Points, and have used the wires as Droppers for the Track Feed. Because the two outer Rails are constant  with Isolators on the Frogs, then I link across at the Buffer to feed the Rails beyond the Isolators, and the wiring there will be hidden under Foliage.

I hope this diagram helps to explain it better mate.

Probably! It’s all witchcraft at the moment only ever used the track clip and insulated frogs, but that’s about to change on my new Meldon layout, fingers crossed.

Cheers for the explanation.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I know what you mean about two days Trevor, I used to enjoy exhibiting and especially a two day Show, but now I find even at a one days Show, I'm forever sitting down and resting, then go and look at a couple more bits, then rest again.

I also find the Floors are harder on the old feet than I remember them back in the day, haha.:fie::laugh:

It is our club show this weekend quite a big one about 35 layouts so I will be on duty for the full two days. I am skipping set up on friday as my back hasn't fully recovered from a fall but will be helping with breakdown on Sunday. I note I am rostered for two hours on the doors  first thing both days so at least I will get a sit down then. Not sure what else I am rostered to do. With such a big show over several halls all the club members will be pretty busy.

Don

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I know what you mean about two days Trevor, I used to enjoy exhibiting and especially a two day Show, but now I find even at a one days Show, I'm forever sitting down and resting, then go and look at a couple more bits, then rest again.

I also find the Floors are harder on the old feet than I remember them back in the day, haha.:fie::laugh:

It is our club show this weekend quite a big one about 35 layouts so I will be on duty for the full two days. I am skipping set up on friday as my back hasn't fully recovered from a fall but will be helping with breakdown on Sunday. I note I am rostered for two hours on the doors  first thing both days so at least I will get a sit down then. Not sure what else I am rostered to do. With such a big show over several halls all the club members will be pretty busy.

Don

Edited by Donw
Double post my apologies cannot delete
  • Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, Donw said:

Don

Well I hope to get down there next year Don, just go careful and don't over do things.

Edited by Andrew P

1 hour ago, fishytrains said:

Looking forward to watching this develop.

Regards

Mike 

Thanks Mike, I've a busy few days coming up, so work on here will slow down considerably, especially now that it's up and running, and although I will be posting pics and Videos on New Mills, the Videos were done earlier today, and will be Up Loaded over the coming days and the New Mills pics are from the archives, although I will try and get some more tomorrow.

I should be back on here some time in the next week.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mulgabill said:

Don I will be there, but not yet sure which day.

If you spot my RMWeb badge on my camera case, do say hello.

All the best

TONY

It would be nice to say hello. 

Don

• Like 1

I had a nice visit from Peter BB this evening and we had a good running session on New Mills, (more details over in that Thread), and we also had a short session on here, and Peter seemed to like Cadley Hill a lot.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Exactly right Andy, especially about the floors! Warley seems particularly bad. Like the way you've fitted the controller in; quite often on layouts its an afterthought and becomes a problem to fit it in somewhere. Trevor

• Like 1

Hello Andy, lovely little project there .............................. just waiting for today's update, it will have been extended to 16', then tomorrow, it will be 22', but still portable :D

See you soon, take care.

Craig.

• Funny 1

30 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Hello Andy, lovely little project there .............................. just waiting for today's update, it will have been extended to 16', then tomorrow, it will be 22', but still portable :D

See you soon, take care.

Craig.

No more Up Dates for a bit young Craig, I have a busy weekend ahead of me and also need to start stripping out the shelving in TOPS soon.

Remember Deesdale Road started at 4.5ft and ended up 22ft, haha.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry - you are not including TOPS in the sale as is?  I would have thought it was the stand out feature.  After all TOPS has some fame attached to it - it has probably housed more layouts than every other backyard shed combined!

May be you should be selling TOPS with a house added in.

• Funny 3

On 21/10/2019 at 19:28, woodenhead said:

At this rate it will be sold by Friday. :D

Oh dear Mike, Your R I G H T.:o:fie::cry:

Peter BB came around last night and talked me into parting with it, and so I have JUST DELIVERED it to him.:this:

I hope he enjoys it as much as he has enjoyed, Loch Leven, Fiddlers Yard, Deesdale Road and Swad Lane, although I didn't build the latter.

He still has Deesdale on the Exhibition Circuit.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

12 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

Turn your back for 5 minutes and its running and sold! :D:D

Sorry, yeah, but no, but yeah, I'm sure Peter will show you all what he is doing to it over time, but maybe not as quick as me, as he is a busy man.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

I just wish I had a quarter of your building speed. My layout is coming along as slow as molasses as they say in the deep south and I don't mean Hastings :D:D

Keep the faith, haha, I'm moving to the deep South soon, and I do mean Hampshire, and that's not New Hampshire, haha.:good:

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Oh good grief! Built & sold in the time it's taken me to put down some underlay. ;)  I thought this was the one to keep! :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

Couldn't you get Peter BB to take New Mills, don't want that to go out in bits...

New Mills goes tomorrow Rich. Peter wanted that one, but it was already spoken for.

:good:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2