Class 37, by Accurascale

Having just migrated my modern image focus from OO to N this is probably one model that could tempt me back to the larger scale. Having lived and travelled in the old GER for all my life the class 37's have been one constant - even two weeks ago there were 4 at Norwich station, three were DRS 37/4 though and one a ROC/Phoenix 37/6. All we need now is a Stadler FLIRT for it to haul.

• RMweb Gold

So Fran you've announced the 37..

whats the big announcement at Warley ?

:rolleyes:

Give me warning before you announce 37/4’s, I’ll need a new mortgage... theres going to be a real feast on ebay not seen since Lima for Bachmann 37’s soon.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Fantastic news, I am sure the bogie and body gap will be better than on the Bachmann offering! Looks like a great spec that is proposed. This despite the significant tooling costs should be an outstanding commercial success. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

28 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

So Fran you've announced the 37..

whats the big announcement at Warley ?

:rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

How i wish this was in O gauge.  Having said that, I'll still be buying a couple. 

O gauge 37 hopefully!

Great announcement 're the 00 gauge variant, you guys deserve to do well with this..

Edited by 37114
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I have no use for a 37 but was just telling a friend the other day how much i fancy one just for how good they sound.

i may have to invest in the ROG version and pretend its on a detour down the chilterns!

just please dont make the mistake other manufacturers do and give an unrealistic expected release date. If you can genuinely turn it around in a years time then amazing but if not just say! Lol

• Like 1

Stop it please, my wallet can’t take it any more! If this is just a warm up before Warley I dread to think what that release will be! Great announcement though. Look forward to seeing the stand Sunday. 

Think 37609 will be dropping into a shopping cart shortly. 

Talking 37609, a quick search on Flickr shows it with snow plough, don’t know if this is a recent addition but will your model come with snow ploughs? 

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

Stop it please, my wallet can’t take it any more! If this is just a warm up before Warley I dread to think what that release will be! Great announcement though. Look forward to seeing the stand Sunday. 

Think 37609 will be dropping into a shopping cart shortly. 

Talking 37609, a quick search on Flickr shows it with snow plough, don’t know if this is a recent addition but will your model come with snow ploughs? 

We will be including snow ploughs where appropriate.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Yes and No..

As built Deltic & Class 55’s had fabricated bogies.

In service those bogies were prone to cracking at 100mph speeds.

Class 37’s were built with fabricated bogies, at lower speeds these were fine.

After issues with class 55’s were uncovered, a new Cast bogie was made, which was stronger and harder wearing, those bogies outlasted the class 55’s as all of them were swapped from Class 55’s at withdrawal (including the preserved ones), and were placed under class 37’s, including various 37/6’s and prototype D6700/37350.

Class 50’s were built with cast bogies from new. Post withdrawal of 37’s the various Class 55’s got their cast bogies back, D6700 also had its bogies swapped back to original Fabricated bogies too.

you can tell the difference by looking at the top bar of the bogie frame, if its indented (I bar shape) its fabricated, if its fully flush as a block its cast.

see below..

37E9CC63-673A-4910-BAF7-2A791C0E5AFC.jpeg

23628AAC-08EA-4486-9671-FF1F02F363A4.jpeg

The Type 3s had the cast bogie on the later builds, the were taken off and placed under the Deltics the fabricated ones going under the Type 3s .

• Thanks 1

Accurascale have struck gold once again. Can't wait to see what the annoucment is for warley (praying for a 377) I won't be able to make it this year to see the 3d print of the 37 but it's looking good already. That europhenix livery looks great. A quick question about the lighting features if I may? Will the loco be able to be setup to have  just the marker lights working to say simulate depot working? And also the ability to have reds tail lights at both ends like the new 66 from hattons. Either way I'm sure I'll be ordering 37608 in the near future. Great work guys. :good_mini:

Regards Gary 

This is absolutely fantastic news. I have just pre-ordered ROG Europhoenix 37608 as a starter. I firmly believe that we are seeing the birth of the next stage of exceptionally detailed locomotives from Accurascale. I have waited so very very long for a top drawer 37 and finally we are nearly there. I just have to calm myself and be patient :) 

I have always loved the 37 since a small lad and remember fondly sitting at the side of railway lines spotting trains with my mates and suddenly becoming the focus of three Transport Police Officers dismounting from a DMU and chasing us along the line !!!. Thankfully that was many years ago and seeing the 37's thrash along the lines near us has stayed with me for years. its the look of it !

My bank balance is going to take a hit..................I can see more than one or two gracing my layout.

Well done Fran and the whole team. It takes vision and dedication to embark on these projects and im sure that this model will be a massive success for you chaps.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

A quick question about the lighting features if I may? Will the loco be able to be setup to have  just the marker lights working to say simulate depot working? And also the ability to have reds tail lights at both ends like the new 66 from hattons. Either way I'm sure I'll be ordering 37608 in the near future. Great work guys. :good_mini:

Regards Gary 

Hi Gary,

Each loco will have individual lighting packs and sound packs to marry with it's variation and running roles. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Phew - just about finished 37610 in it's odd livery.

Glad that one wasn't announced (unlike 37521 and 37669 that were in my paintshop when Bachmann announced theirs........)

I guess sales of after-market 37/6 noses will take a dive now..................

(37608 to be ordered soon)

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

That's a great announcement - and some time in preparation by the look of it.

I can now get value for money out of my Bachmann 37 using it for a couple of more years until you produce a centre headcode version in original form, which is a better fit for the WR.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, that brings a whole new possibility into the 'very big' announcement at Warley.  It will be an EPS triplet 2x37/6 with a generator van marshalled between them.  By strange coincidence it was only yesterday evening that I was looking at the planned diagrams for them and I'm fairly sure I've got some original (uncoloured) livery scheme proposals for them stashed away.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1