Privett Green

Andrew P

SHOCK HORROR No 1,  = I said there would be some surprises along the way,

well here is the first, Peco Code 100 Track.

Having borrowed the workforce from Argyle Street for a hour, I've now laid all the Track around to the Fiddle Yard. I then did some push testing.

IMG_0706.JPG.2abb4d630618fe978ceba98ee62c9383.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG.5848b072b2fc60dbaa29ea6224bc51d1.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG.746f4d4e117c3b56def3e8ad4fb89642.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG.ef6edf4980fb7a1742674329d7546326.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG.8b3047bf5f3b8074105ffd34b0a051da.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG.fbc73534759b36bd2d468c3b5218ba04.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG.d4ee9f850e71130904b21d6e8296ddcc.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Is this also a 1970s preserved line?

image.png.92854f71942d3afd721aa869fbcceb2d.png

Naa, 65ish, with the other Stock / See first page. just need to get the right vehicles some time, same as on Argyle Street, their to early, and for here their to late.:mad:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

I have been busy of late actually doing some modelling on new project to be called Margaret Street and getting ready for four exhibition outings with Camel Quay ( Kendal, Glasgow, York and Derby ) over the coming months plus of course STAFFORD exhibition where I’m one of the operators on Whiteacres ( which will be running late BR Steam and Green Diesels )

So to the point (sorry about the pun) I see a new layout has been hatched over the festive period.

So what has gone or been sold ? 

Last time I’m looked you were into O Gauge 

Very much like the track plan and very similar stock to what runs on Camel Quay (except the Thumper )

All the best 

Terry / Eltel 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ELTEL said:

Hi Andy

I have been busy of late actually doing some modelling on new project to be called Margaret Street and getting ready for four exhibition outings with Camel Quay ( Kendal, Glasgow, York and Derby ) over the coming months plus of course STAFFORD exhibition where I’m one of the operators on Whiteacres ( which will be running late BR Steam and Green Diesels )

So to the point (sorry about the pun) I see a new layout has been hatched over the festive period.

So what has gone or been sold ? 

Last time I’m looked you were into O Gauge 

Very much like the track plan and very similar stock to what runs on Camel Quay (except the Thumper )

All the best 

Terry / Eltel 

Hi Terry, I hope to get to Stafford before moving to Amp Sher, so will hopefully see you then.

As for what as gone before, well I've just copied this from the previous page, (do keep up mate), I currently have 3 Layouts in The Old Potting Shed / TOPS, O Gauge Seven Mills, and OO Argyle Street and Privett Green, see links in my Signature.

And as for last year;

Bala Town, O Gauge.

Mason St Goods, OO Gauge.

Kingsmill TMD, OO Gauge.

New Mills, OO Gauge.

And technically Argyle St as that was started on 14th Nov and all but finished over Christmas. 

WHOOPS = Forgot Seven Mills Sidings, O Gauge.

All the best mate.

Edited by Andrew P

12 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Not my fault this time, he done it all on his own.

Cant I blame you just a little itsy witsy little bisy bit mate, after you did say...……………..:biggrin_mini:

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Andy

Excuse my Ignorance “before moving to Amp Sher”

Terry 

Yes mate, our Bungalow is up for Sale and were moving back down to Hampshire to be near all the Family, 4 Children, 4 Husbands / Wives, 5 of the 6 Grandchildren, and 6 of the 8 Great Grandchildren.:P 

DONT MENTION Christmas expense.:(

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

And before people start calling me Two Sheds Peters, here are some pics to prove that all 3 Layouts are in the One Shed / TOPS / The Old Potting Shed.

IMG_0717.JPG.5b3b6b78729fd185547638ae58fffb52.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG.e346738236b57cf6ae73c34f5ab7f93c.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG.042717d85c9e57e87b4702e97d1095e4.JPG

:)

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Lucky to have so many train sets. 

Variety is the spice of Life, or was that the Spice Girls?:nono:

Anyway, once moved a want a BIG ONE, like yours young Clive,:o Train Set that is.xD:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

I take it when you sell the bungalow, you will be looking a large model railway room with suitable accommodation attached as a after thought to keep her in doors happy.

Good luck with that mate.

Terry 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Variety is the spice of Life, or was that the Spice Girls?:nono:

Anyway, once moved a want a BIG ONE, like yours young Clive,:o Train Set that is.xD:good:

So Privett Green is just to get your eye in with Southern types and not your SDJR adventure then?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

So Privett Green is just to get your eye in with Southern types and not your SDJR adventure then?

No, not the SDJR now as I've decided that the Last Great Project will be in the Meon Valley area again, so mid Hampshire, using the existing Stock from here if I have room for a Roundy at all.

I would still like to keep Seven Mills and also Argyle Street so a set up like I have now would be O.K. if I cant do a Roundy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Happy New Year Andy, just caught up with your new thread, all's looking good so far. Looks like another cracking layout evolving. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Steve, loads to do on this one, it will be mainly Scenic and that's what I do enjoy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mulgabill said:

Surey thats all point East isn't it?

TONY

Your quite right young Tony,:good: If West Meon and Westward to Fareham is the Fiddle Yard, then PG has to be East of that.:rolleyes:

Excellent Running Session with all 5 Locos, and a mix of Wagons.

One change of Plan, and it's one that you may not even notice, is that I've decided to add 3 on / off switches for Track isolation.

The original Plan was One Loco in Steam on the Branch, but the operating session this morning proved that that may be a tad boring, so the Bay, the Main Platform and the Loop will have isolating sections.

I will then be able to hold a Freight in one, and bring the Thumper into the Main or the Bay.

It will also give that lazy Signalman something else to think about rather than drink tea and read Playboy all day.:o 

Edited by Andrew P

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Excellent Running Session with all 5 Locos, and a mix of Wagons.

One change of Plan, and it's one that you may not even notice, is that I've decided to add 3 on / off switches for Track isolation.

The original Plan was One Loco in Steam on the Branch, but the operating session this morning proved that that may be a tad boring, so the Bay, the Main Platform and the Loop will have isolating sections.

I will then be able to hold a Freight in one, and bring the Thumper into the Main or the Bay.

It will also give that lazy Signalman something else to think about rather than drink tea and read Playboy all day.:o 

Should gone DCC :rolleyes:

TOPS - The Old Playboy shed :D

• Funny 5