Bridport Town - Carrying On

DLT

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Re Taunton on Sunday - I take it you won't be needing the traditional use of my layout to run one of your locos this year ? 😁

I'm sure we could arrange it???

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, DLT said:

I'm sure we could arrange it???

Oh definitely.  And if you're still using Bachmann type couplings, I have a feature ( on the demo layout) you might be interested in...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Oh definitely.  And if you're still using Bachmann type couplings, I have a feature ( on the demo layout) you might be interested in...

I await with interest

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much Paul, for your comments and the excellent photos.  Sorry I look so gloomy in one of me.  I'm amazed you had time to take them, you seemed to be behind Clyre Valley every time I looked up!

The layout changes worked really well, with the new town goods siding, and two long exchange sidings instead of three short ones.  Its a lot more satisfying visually as well.

I hope I do more before Exeter in June, but I've got a loco to get on with as well.

Cheers, Dave.

PS  I've now replaced all the photos that had disappeared from this topic

PPS  having had another good look at Dave Holman's Fintonagh, I want to paint the backscene as well

Edited by DLT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, DLT said:

Sorry I look so gloomy in one of me.  I'm amazed you had time to take them, you seemed to be behind Clyre Valley every time I looked up!

Concentration Dave not gloomy 😁

Yes we were a skeleton team so I only had about an hour to look round, otherwise I’d have taken you up on the offer of another drive. 
I did manage two quick visits though and your co operator was doing a great job entertaining us.

Mind you I could quite happily sit by the river just at the end of the ropemakers and watch the world go by as I wait for trains. 
7D91E746-ADCD-4C47-8A0E-8A6750073D1F.jpeg.3adcae181c03f0be5d090d03370ab26d.jpeg

30 minutes ago, DLT said:

The layout changes worked really well, with the new town goods siding, and two long exchange sidings instead of three short ones.  Its a lot more satisfying visually as well.

Several people said to me over the weekend that Bridport just looks right, which I heartily agreed with. I encouraged a couple to come over and chat too as I knew you’d enjoy sharing ideas. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Mind you I could quite happily sit by the river just at the end of the ropemakers and watch the world go by as I wait for trains.

I'll put a seat there for you

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good to catch up at the Exeter show today Dave. I enjoyed having a drive while you fulfilled your Exeter 0 Gauge secretary role! I just about got to grips with the points and sections & realise now how weighty the locos and stock are, which really helps with the smooth running. Nice bit of proper mechanical work.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd take a look at your work after you left a comment on mine. Wow, exceptional skills Dave. I've only had a fairly quick skim through this thread, but your work is clearly excellent. Nice to see I'm not a million miles off knocking things up in foam board!

Edited by bootneckbob
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I really must make the effort to see this layout again, I was much impressed with it last time I saw it. 

I think narrow gauge is very difficult to get right visually. The gauge may be reduced but it still exists in a full size world. 

Edited by rockershovel
  • Agree 2

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just realised with alarm that Bridport's first show of the New Year is only a month away! 

Febex Alton is the venue, and its been much postponed, I was booked for 2020.

So I will be paying a bit more attention to the layout now, having been involved in SG projects for a while.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, DLT said:

You will probably get a controller thrust into your hand....

You make it sound like it's a chore to operate Bridport Town, but I know first-hand that the opposite is true!
It's certainly inspired me to make some additions for my new layout; so I'm particularly grateful that I was asked if I wanted to operate your layout for an hour at the SWAG do in Taunton.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Martync said:

Very much looking forward to seeing Bridport at Alton…..my local show! Also Hembourne… a very fine EM layout.

Martyn

Look forward to seeing you there Martyn, come and say Hi.