Tyteford Halte

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, 1722 said:

'providing an illusion to deceive where the baseboard ends and the back-scene starts' 

It really does. Wonderful modelling. 

Cheers Chris and thanks for the comments.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, sb67 said:

That really looks fantastic, it blends in so well and the painting of the fence on the backscene is superb. Great stuff! 

Thank you Steve and glad you like it.

My initial painting of the posts was a little clumsy, so a little touching up still required and then some really feint wire lines drawn in (steady hand stuff).

All the best

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Jerry1975 said:

Very nice indeed, I really like this, the illusion works very well. 

Jerry. 

Thanks Jerry

I'm very pleased with how its turned out and I will definitely use the technique on future projects, which is why it was good to experiment on something small first and get peoples views.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Ian Holmes said:

Nice work. My un-named Lincolnshire branch line terminus nearly ended up as a P4 layout. 

Thanks Ian

I'm curious to know, why it didn't?

• RMweb Premium

Well I'm progressing very slowly at the moment, sort of lost my mojo a bit, happens when I have to clear up due to having too much stuff out at once. When it gets to the stage where it takes me longer to find my paintbrush than it would to ballast a metre length of track then I have to stop and restore order to my work area. Luckily, I have a couple of bottles of Doombar in the fridge which will help dull the pain of becoming organised again.

One thing to report though, I manged to knock up the station name board which took forever to do because I couldn't find anything.

Now time for Doombar...

043.thumb.jpg.0020c4360bd993a036facf0b60aed409.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

Well I'm progressing very slowly at the moment, sort of lost my mojo a bit, happens when I have to clear up due to having too much stuff out at once. When it gets to the stage where it takes me longer to find my paintbrush than it would to ballast a metre length of track then I have to stop and restore order to my work area. Luckily, I have a couple of bottles of Doombar in the fridge which will help dull the pain of becoming organised again.

One thing to report though, I manged to knock up the station name board which took forever to do because I couldn't find anything.

Now time for Doombar...

20200229_190610.jpg

I had my mojo tested in exactly the same manner, having everything out and then not being able to find anything or any space to work.

The longer I left it the more daunting the prospect of tidying up became until like you I couldn’t even put my hands on something as simple as my craft knife

So I know exactly how you feel

I agree with Kevin, the name board looks great, what did you use? I confess that I’m tempted to cheat and drawing one up to have 3D printed

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/02/2020 at 20:06, chuffinghell said:

I had my mojo tested in exactly the same manner, having everything out and then not being able to find anything or any space to work.

The longer I left it the more daunting the prospect of tidying up became until like you I couldn’t even put my hands on something as simple as my craft knife

So I know exactly how you feel

I agree with Kevin, the name board looks great, what did you use? I confess that I’m tempted to cheat and drawing one up to have 3D printed

Thanks for the supportive comments Chris and the bottles of Doombar done the trick, order is now restored.

The station nameboard is a Smiths kit by W&T. It consists of a small sheet of black plasticard for the backboard, about 4 lengths of brass 'U' type profile for the board surround and 4 white metal posts and one brass letter fret. So enough for 2 nameboards. I brought another letter fret separately as I needed another letter T, there's only 2 on the fret.

Hopefully your not modelling 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoc' I'm not going to attempt to calculate the number of letter frets you would need for that!!

all the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium
On 29/02/2020 at 19:58, Kevin Johnson said:

Mark great work on the station name board.

Thanks Kevin

It was a tricky one to assemble, but I'm pleased with the end result.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

Hopefully your not modelling 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoc' I'm not going to attempt to calculate the number of letter frets you would need for that!!

:lol_mini:

• RMweb Premium
On 29/02/2020 at 19:41, MAP66 said:

20200229_190610.jpg

Hi Mark, the backscene comes across really effectively in the picture - the post and wire fence running behind the platform had me convinced - if I'd not seen the posting about the diagonal "part-real" fence I wouldn't have known!

Could I ask a question though: I was trying to find a fence for a platform on a diorama I'm doing and was assuming I'd need to keep the fence posts vertical on the sloping ramps. Looks like you've done it more simply by using fence panels that stay perpendicular to the ramp? I couldn't find a photo either way (all the photos I found had trains in the way). You may have saved me a job, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
(Proof reading)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Hi Mark, the backscene comes across really effectively in the picture - the post and wire fence running behind the platform had me convinced - if I'd not seen the posting about the diagonal "part-real" fence I wouldn't have known!

Could I ask a question though: I was trying to find a fence for a platform on a diorama I'm doing and was assuming I'd need to keep the fence posts vertical on the sloping ramps. Looks like you've done it more simply by using fence panels that stay perpendicular to the ramp? I couldn't find a photo either way (all the photos I found had trains in the way). You may have saved me a job, Keith.

Hi Keith

Thank you for your kind comments re. the backscene. The station fencing is by Ratio and the angled ramp sections are included in the pack, they do other fencing types as well not just GWR type.

Hope that helps

Mark

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, jinty50 said:

Stunning work on this little layout. It just goes to show what can be achieved in such a small space.

Thank you Tim

Although its a small space there is still ample room to practice and hone ones modelling techniques which is one of my objectives for this little project.

All the best

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jerry1975 said:

The layout looks superb,  very nice indeed. 

Jerry. 

Thanks again Jerry, hopefully I will be able to post some more progress pics over the weekend.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks

Forgot I took these pics the other night, of along the track views.

Over the weekend, I have some GWR station signs/posters to put in place and hopefully will have time to paint a couple of passengers for the platform as well as the other seat.

I am also working on the signal box interior, the intention being to have some point rodding and signal cabling coming out and running along side of track into the tunnel mouth. There will be a home/starter signal just before the signal box.

Its not prototypical the idea is to see how I get on with it as point rodding, cranks etc. can be a tad fiddly.

Night all

Mark.

044.thumb.jpg.921edf758f829d1a3b0cc1a2379ebff9.jpg

045.thumb.jpg.1992f47185b4c6005a358c26c0cd769f.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Here's my rather over the top and extensive train timetable for a station halte.

These self adhesive signs are from 'Trackside Signs', they have a whole range of station type signs and posters covering different era's and can print your preferred station name. I am mounting the signs onto thin card slightly larger than the sign, then I simulated edging with some 0.8mm Plastruct half round strip.

Not sure whether to fit a piece of clear plastic to resemble a glass fronted display board of just leave as is.

046.thumb.jpg.f3fcccdb447a4016579d87677aac7496.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
On 07/03/2020 at 21:00, Jerry1975 said:

That timetable looks great. 

Jerry. 

Thank Jerry

I'm hoping to add some more platform detailing soon, been a bit busy with other stuff at the moment but should get back to the railway modelling soon.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I managed to spend a couple of hours last night adding some interior detail to the signal box and another poster board for the platform fencing.

Its a bit bish, bash, bosh with the signal box interior, but when the roof is on and with the door left half open, it will give just a glimpse of what's inside when viewing through the windows and door.

I also intend to add interior lighting, representation of oil lighting using a yellow LED. Next tricky bit will be to cut hole in the roof in right place  for the stove pipe to pass through.

047.thumb.jpg.e2ab5f73ab52ff98c8872800a487280e.jpg

048.jpg.2200dc2f3d999fa87c1a27d5e9d82075.jpg

049.thumb.jpg.a7cd189b1501cd9b33d136cb9a50857b.jpg

Edited by MAP66
Restoring lost images.
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1