Standard Cowans Sheldon 15T Crane (mk1 and mk2 Jib) announced!

Garethp8873

This topic appears to have gone cold. Would have hoped the release of the GE Van &c.  Would have brought some renewed interest.

Has there been any news since November?

Ta Muchly.

53 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

There is no mention of Oxford on Hornby's website, so maybe they are going to keep that operation separate and there could be some interesting new announcements in May ?

All the best

Ray

No has said anything about the info being on the Hornby website. Have you confused Downer's reference to Hornby Magazine (which AFAIK has nothing to do with Hornby besides licensing the use of the name) with Hornby?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/04/2022 at 09:02, Downer said:

According to this month’s Hornby Magazine these are not coming until 2023.

In which case, arrival might hopefully coincide with that of the Hatton's six-wheel brake I've ordered to accompany mine.

I should have had the Rapido SECR 2-plank and van in departmental guise to hand, awaiting both, for a while by then...

John  

Edited by Dunsignalling

5 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

No has said anything about the info being on the Hornby website. Have you confused Downer's reference to Hornby Magazine (which AFAIK has nothing to do with Hornby besides licensing the use of the name) with Hornby?

I was speaking about Oxford in general, who are now wholly owned by Hornby. As there has been no mention about Oxford products on their website or in any of the Hornby publicity, it could well be that they are keeping the Oxford products separate from their own mainstream range.

As previously noted, Oxford did say that they would be making product announcements in May, so lets hope that are some nice surprises.

All the best

Ray

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

As previously noted, Oxford did say that they would be making product announcements in May, so lets hope that are some nice surprises.

All the best

Ray

Titfield Thunderbolt?

/runs.

• Funny 10

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Anyone aware of an update from Oxford on the Cowan's Sheldon  crane?

I got my first Oxford price list that actually showed the crane come through at my shop today, which I expect means they are close. £19.95 RRP so I prices around £16.95 from most shops.

Gary

• Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

I got my first Oxford price list that actually showed the crane come through at my shop today, which I expect means they are close. £19.95 RRP so I prices around £16.95 from most shops.

There was some speculation about the price when the model was first announced. it is interesting that that price has been held to. It does leave me wondering quite what will be offered for the money. To the best of my knowledge no development images have been published.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Other than the Banana/GER vans nothing has else has been produced, or any further updates on anything else Model Railway related posted since Hornby took over. Only new  items I have seen are Diecast vehicles.

They are churning out "mystery" mixed boxes at the moment on their webpage. Clearing remaining stock ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, micklner said:

Other than the Banana/GER vans nothing has else has been produced, or any further updates on anything else Model Railway related posted since Hornby took over. Only new  items I have seen are Diecast vehicles.

They are churning out "mystery" mixed boxes at the moment on their webpage. Clearing remaining stock ?

That sounds about right to me, complete with difficult to shift/overproduced Hornby locos. 

16 minutes ago, micklner said:

Pilchards as well.

There is also the 35T tankers still to arrive.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian G said:

I hope it will be easy to fit P4 wheels into the crane

Ian G

If it's like everything else Oxford has made, the axles won't be standard length, ruling out a straight swap whatever your preferred gauge, so it'll be a matter of sliding the Gibsons off the axles they come on and onto whatever Oxford provide.

Drop of superglue to stop them moving after you have them properly gauged and Robert's yer mum's brother.

Anyhow, since when did anybody take up P4 in the expectation of it being easy? 🥸

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 06:19, bigherb said:

I think Oxfords announcements are next month.

Are Oxford announcing new models this year? I heard from a rep recently that it was unlikely until other items on the list are complete. Would be good to see something new though

• Like 1

• 2 months later...