Oxford 2020 Toy Fair announcements

AY Mod

I am not surprised by the J26 as this makes perfect sense as they had most of the information already! The crane is a bit left field and one I certainly didn't expect, I have a D&S kit mostly finished and it needs to be finished... however I am pretty confident that I will purchase one also!  I have to encourage the new tank and van as these are good solid additions to the range. 

I would have expected a NER hopper as this would compliment the J26/J27 (along with the Hornby Q6). There is a rich seam that has yet to be explored in the NER hoppers by the RTR companies.. any how that's for another year! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m sure Oxford hates LMS fans! No loco again, OK I can go with that the J26 dose look very nice. But I’ve just bought the new Bachmann Crain not even two weeks ago. And now they release a LMS Crain no 243 just down the road from Leicester. 

I take the Crain comes with a carrying wagon of some sort?

ps just spotted the Sunderland Crain! I’ve a Soft spot for Sunderland due to my farther coming from there. So  two to think about now. I admit not very prototypical but I don’t care sorry. 

Edited by farren
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Just now, farren said:

I’m sure Oxford hates LMS fans! No loco again, OK I can go with that the J26 dose look very nice. But I’ve just bought the new Bachmann Crain not even two weeks ago. And now they release a LMS Crain no 243 just down the road from Leicester. 

I take the Crain comes with a carrying wagon of some sort?

My thought as well not a lot of good without a Crane runner , the problem they will have are the large number of variations used.

I also have the D&S kit which I have built . It doesnt like curves so this might be a option in due course. J26 a cany idea for more sales !!

Another NE van !! lovely !!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Oxford on these announcements...we wish them well with the projects and hope they are commercially successful.

Below is how the items fared in The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019:

J26: We listed this previously as a combination with the J27.

Tank Wagon: We're not sure what type this is at the moment...we'll get back in due course.

GER Van: This particular item was listed individually many years ago but we had to 'subsume it' into the broader/generic listing of GER Wagons, Vans & Brake Vans. It is certainly a very useful vehicle and looks 'a tad different' to other 4-wheel vans.

Crane: Not in The Poll. We do list a handful, but the subject is so vast that a Poll could be run just for cranes!

Pilchard: Not in The Poll. Another area where we have struggled to shoe-horn items in over the years; the genre is vast!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

The Pilchard is a pleasant and unexpected choice and will be popular with those who find a Sturgeon too long!

Still no hoppers where a P4 hopper would it in well as they were widespread.

https://pregroupingrailwaysdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/frwc52-ner-p4-hopper-instructions.pdf

There is still next year and all the outstanding releases!

Mark Saunders

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

3 good wagons, one to enjoy with hot toast and butter, a lovely Crane and yes two would be easier than the huge Heljan beasty, and a Loco several friends will enjoy. What's not to like you miserable lot (except for Bernard & RhB)?

Mel Drew

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

3 good wagons, one to enjoy with hot toast and butter, a lovely Crane and yes two would be easier than the huge Heljan beasty, and a Loco several friends will enjoy. What's not to like you miserable lot (except for Bernard & RhB)?

Mel Drew

Well Mr Duck

I am one of the miserable lot. Nothing for us modern image blokes. OK the Pilchard remained in service after the puffers were recycled as Ford Cortinas and we all know that most D&E modellers are in love with odd departmental wagons. I am looking forward to adding the tank wagon to my fleet of Shell Mex- BP wagons as I don't have many RCH 1907 ones and I am sure I do not have a A class one. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well Mr Duck

I am one of the miserable lot. Nothing for us modern image blokes. OK the Pilchard remained in service after the puffers were recycled as Ford Cortinas and we all know that most D&E modellers are in love with odd departmental wagons. I am looking forward to adding the tank wagon to my fleet of Shell Mex- BP wagons as I don't have many RCH 1907 ones and I am sure I do not have a A class one. 

Well Mr Clive, you ain't that miserable as you have said quite nice things buddy.

A. Farse

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Below is how the items fared in The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019:

Tank Wagon: We're not sure what type this is at the moment...we'll get back in due course.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

Going by the product code, it looks like a new livery on the 12T Tank Wagon. Which was announced back in January 2018, so wouldn't be in the 2019 poll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

What's not to like you miserable lot (except for Bernard & RhB)?

Mel Drew

Who’s being miserable? I think for a small collection it’s nicely rounded yes it’s never going to please everyone. But the Crain is a excellent choice. That will fit into most small layouts without taking up half of it. Just which one to buy Wellingborough or Sunderland. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's a design that was seen across the UK from the 1890s to the 1950s(?) so nope.

25 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's a design that was seen across the UK from the 1890s to the 1950s(?) so no :)

26 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's a design that was seen across the UK from the 1890s to the 1950s(?) so no :)

Hell of an echo in here.

• Funny 6