EY UP ! Somewhere in Deepest Devon a 7mm adventure

bgman

Here's a little teaser :mocking_mini: for a small diorama in 4mm I am currently making whilst waiting for some 7mm items to arrive for my main project..... well it saves being bored !

259603010_industrialscene4mm.jpg.454819e829afe2ecb9e1be091956e9db.jpg

Not certain how this entry will pan out so please don't hold your breath !!!

G

PLEASE NOTE - 

My interests have move somewhat in respect of scale, as referred to in the original title, so if anyone stopping by wishes to see my 7mm FS modelling exploits then please click on the link below which will take you to this.

Thank you.

Edited by bgman
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, bgman said:

Here's a little teaser

Where did that spring from! I'm getting out the popcorn, this will be good :)

BTW I think you need to clean your camera lens.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I am impressed with your clever rendition of a recent political invention, that is the red wall. To be fair I think you should include some Blue and Yellow brick sections, just for balance  and diversity you understand.

Eyup Yours Esq.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Funny 1

49 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I am impressed with your clever rendition of a recent political invention, that is the red wall. To be fair I think you should include some Blue and Yellow brick sections, just for balance  and diversity you understand.

Eyup Yours Esq.

Understandable Comrade but if there are other colours involved it may well only be coming through the flagstones etc and then yellow and green.

8 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I think that that the pub should be the official meeting place for the Local Committee of the Amalgamated Association of Lavatory Polishers and Gas Lamp Titivators.

I'll put that thought in the flat cap box for later thank you caller. There doesn't however seem to be any mention of black puddings in your response ?

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I thought Badgers was brewed by Hall & Woodhouse in Dorset?

Quite pertinent Keith as my grandmother came from Dorset and H & W was a favourite of mine whenever I had the opportunity to swill a pint or two there.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I thought Badgers was brewed by Hall & Woodhouse in Dorset?

But (I'm told) The Sociable Beer Company is a good Worcester brewer. ;-)

Don't know yet.  Still not tried any.

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Worcs isn't one of those 'left behind places' though is it dear heart!:diablo_mini:

Hardly.  Though it depends on how one earns a living.  There is a lot of 'old money' around and still, largely, in the hands of a few families and a substantial proportion of low paid jobs in farming and manufacturing.

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Eyup Yours Esq.

I feel there has been enough turning red walls blue recently.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

But don't they wear flat caps have have a couple of ferrets down their trousers? 

I'll have you know that ferrets can be quite up-market. Only a few years back I beheld, sitting outside a smart cafe adjoining the cathedral in Le Mans, a most elegantly-dressed young woman, real Parisian chic, with a ferret on a lead. It was obviously used to being walked as one might a small dog. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Where did that spring from! I'm getting out the popcorn, this will be good :)

BTW I think you need to clean your camera lens.

Mikkel,

Not certain about it being that good so hold your popcorn for now.

This project is really an amalgam of materials which have been languishing in several boxes ( and THAT cupboard !) since my move.

It is merely an exercise in using up old bits whilst trying to produce a simple, and I will reiterate the word simple, layout if you can call it that ?

I will be incorporating things that evoke childhood memories of my early years without being complicated and is just a personal journey.

It won't represent anywhere specific and use two turnouts I built many years ago along with some Scaleway track.

No roundy-roundy just a few locos and wagons to suit me whilst I await items for items for my REAL 7mm layout to arrive.

It will also fit nicely below the 7mm one for storage and I hope to give my two grandsons an insight into my North West upbringing and maybe encourage one or both into the world of model railways when they are old enough.

There are some rather nice models available these days compared to when I began but I want this to be a frugal costing exercise and see where it goes.

Edited by bgman
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

In my response to Mikkel I would like to emphasise the fact this small side project is one using up what I have available and try not to purchase any unnecessary materials, also use what locos and stock I have. 

My main project being a 7mm layout is more important to me but this is an exercise to see if it can be made to work.

The 1200mm x 300mm baseboard has been made from a couple of sheets purchased last weekend together with some sheet balsa total cost £ 20.

The main track work, what there is of it, will sit on balsa sheet and foam board both of which is shown below.

fullsizeoutput_2178.jpeg.78f9437734db67b2c2a89592c456ee08.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2179.jpeg.a7e929d07483304801ee8ed6396865ed.jpeg

Buildings and ground bases are mainly foam board, art boards and plasticard sheet again from stock. Nothing spectacular or complicated but suited to my way of experimenting with what I have.

It may not suit others suffice to say it is the way I wish to go and ultimately its only a vehicle on which to "play trains" and unwind.

Some photos of work to date.....

IMG_1356.jpeg.2aaf1140731d6588fd8c6715b94d7e60.jpeg

IMG_1369.jpeg.dba7bce4e8b0dbc8dec431dc10d3d092.jpeg

Is it a real place..... NO !

Just having fun and keeping to the script in my head without going too far off topic or frivolity.

G

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1