Salmon Wagon updates

9 hours ago, lambiedg said:

Replacement vehicles arrived in Motherwell today.

lovely surprise!

David

Likewise in Oxfordshire. Excellent outcome after the original error. Well done and thank you.

59 minutes ago, letterspider said:

I don't see anywhere to pre-order

That is correct. When we are in position to accept orders for current and future models, we will open the book. Feel free to follow our Facebook, or sign up to our newsletter where you’ll find out things first, rather than a forum… 

• Like 4

My BR black ones also arrived today, many thanks to Richard at Footplate for getting this sorted. Also surprised that these were fully finished wagons, as had expected to transfer the bogies from the 'shorties'. I assume we can keep the 'shorties' as if so I will donate them to a young modelling friend, if he can use them.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, rembrow said:

My BR black ones also arrived today, many thanks to Richard at Footplate for getting this sorted. Also surprised that these were fully finished wagons, as had expected to transfer the bogies from the 'shorties'. I assume we can keep the 'shorties' as if so I will donate them to a young modelling friend, if he can use them.

Yes, a free gift so to speak. That would be very nice of you. Would be great if people used them to benefit others. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/05/2022 at 06:36, Richard Barnett said:

You won’t have had one, however if you don’t receive your items by Tuesday please email me. R

Does that apply to all

of us who retained their shorties Richard? 

Cheers

Phil

Here are two of my three Salmons, sadly I've no recollection of of where the gantry cranes came from, other someone on Shapeways. A rail load will be added, Ive got some chain and turnbuckles(Roxey Moulding etches I think). The third will get a track panel load, the now corrected new wagons  means I'll go with P4 to fill the full width. I think the cranes are called Stumecs and there appears to be two variations, an older manual worked version and these slightly chunkier variantants. The Genisis kit  was the smaller older version I seem to recall.

20220524_205246.jpg

20220524_205104.jpg

20220524_205529.jpg

20220524_205508.jpg

20220524_205301.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

35 minutes ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Are these still been sent out not received my 2 yet?

Many thanks

Craig

Yes they are, however can anyone requiring information or have a query please contact us via our Facebook page or email as we are more likely to see it rather than on this forum.

Sadly, I don’t have an order for ‘43078shildoncountydurham’ but I’m sure I’ll have an order for the name and details behind the user name. 😌

sales@footplate.co.uk

Thanks, Rich

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 14:32, Richard Barnett said:

Incorrect.

The correct answer as posted on our Facebook page rather than here is:

SALMON 2.0

It’s here. It’s being dispatched.

Thank you everyone for their patience whilst we have rectified the issue with the Salmon wagon. Those who clinged onto their ‘shorty’ salmons will be finding a new full length version arriving at their doorstep very shortly.

Once we’ve covered all our replacements, we will be making the left over amount available for sale. Be warned, there won’t be many!

salmon.jpeg

13 minutes ago, thunderer08 said:

Have the correct length versions sold out or are they not available yet? 

• Friendly/supportive 1