ABS models (Adrian Swain)

shipbadger

Hi guys,

I ordered two 0 gauge wagon kits ( Coil J's ) from the new website last Friday and they arrived this morning. Great service.

Looking forward to the re-release of the Classic Commercials Scammel Scarabs as that will fill a big gap in the availability of road vehicles for 0 gauge layouts. 

Also hopefully the packs of wagon parts, eg w irons, brake gear. Adrian had a superb range of these packs available on his exhibition stand. My enjoyable "wagon bashing" to produce a variety of wagons has been severely curtained since these became unavailable.

best wishes to the new venture.

Ian.    

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

As IanG writes above excellent customer service from David. Mine arrived on Saturday really well packed. Wholeheartedly recommend. 

Great to see the range of kits also. Thumbing through an old MRJ (p131. Issue No.95,  1997) saw the CC garage accessories, which hopefully will be part of the future re-releases. Cannot underestimate the challenge though, a lot of work well worth the support. 

No links, only a very happy customer.

Andy

14 hours ago, AndyH said:

...... the CC garage accessories, which hopefully will be part of the future re-releases.

A year or so before his sad death, I restocked Adrian with transfers for the garage accessories, so they should be somewhere amongst the 7mm. scale stuff that has been acquired.

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for those who are interested -

We have now uploaded all of the items we currently have from the ranges we purchased from Adrian Swain's Estate.

All of the Wagon Kits and all the Wagon Accessory Packs we currently have are now on the web site.

We also have put up some budget wagon and coach wheels that are well worth a look. The three-hole wagon wheels are in the ABS General Accessory Packs Section, whilst the 3' 7" coach wheel packs are in the Cavalier Coaches Section.

We have also put up some real coach bargain packs in the Wrightlines narrow gauge range.

As we re-introduce other items from the ranges we will update things. It will all take time but we are on it!

Regards to all.

David Parkins
www.djparkins.com

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

We have just added all our inherited stocks of the excellent Cavalier Coach Bogie kits to our web site -

https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=367

These are detailed and accurate [but basic] kits that are easy to assemble for anyone used to working with castings.

We have kept the prices very low and in most cases all to one price - and they will be available at this price only whilst the current stocks last. There are no illustrations for these temporary offer, but most are likely to know the bogie types they need!

We have some Cavalier coach fittings packs too, but these are all in boxes that are still buried deep. As we find them we'll sort them out and put them up on the site, but that might take a little time.

Regards to All

David Parkins

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...

Update re- ABS 43-two-1 Wagon Fittings Packs and Cavalier Coaches Coach Fittings Sets

As l may have mentioned earlier we still had some pallets of boxes to go through to find the remaining finished stocks we inherited as part of the ABS range acquisition.

We have now done this and have put ALL the remaining ABS Wagon Accessory Packs we have up on the web site. This includes several subjects not previous listed plus re-stocks of some of the sets we’d sold out of, and that some customers have been asking about.

In addition we have some real new year bargains on certain of the remaining ABS 43-two-1 wagon kits, so don’t miss these.

Also we have now been through and listed all stocks we have of the Cavalier Coaches Coach Fittings Sets on the web site. Again - some real bargains - all at the last prices in Adrian’s final listings - plus ALL coach bogies at a standard £10.00 per pair right across the range.

Obviously stocks are very limited on some items and once they are sold out, that’s it. Anything then later reintroduced will be have to have 2022 production costs factored in!

Regards to all

DJP

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, djparkins said:

Update re- ABS 43-two-1 Wagon Fittings Packs and Cavalier Coaches Coach Fittings Sets

As l may have mentioned earlier we still had some pallets of boxes to go through to find the remaining finished stocks we inherited as part of the ABS range acquisition.

We have now done this and have put ALL the remaining ABS Wagon Accessory Packs we have up on the web site. This includes several subjects not previous listed plus re-stocks of some of the sets we’d sold out of, and that some customers have been asking about.

In addition we have some real new year bargains on certain of the remaining ABS 43-two-1 wagon kits, so don’t miss these.

Also we have now been through and listed all stocks we have of the Cavalier Coaches Coach Fittings Sets on the web site. Again - some real bargains - all at the last prices in Adrian’s final listings - plus ALL coach bogies at a standard £10.00 per pair right across the range.

Obviously stocks are very limited on some items and once they are sold out, that’s it. Anything then later reintroduced will be have to have 2022 production costs factored in!

Regards to all

DJP

Many thanks for the update. It caused me to have a look and immediately order a couple of wagon kits!

Cheers

Tony

14 hours ago, Miss Prism said:

Did you inherit any of the Cavalier 4mm bogie sides?

No - I was only interested in the 7mm ranges - 4mm is a mystery to me! In fact, I didn't even know that Cavalier did any 4mm bogie sides, so sorry I just don't know

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/09/2021 at 13:28, drduncan said:

Nothing to report I’m afraid - having seen the pile of ‘insert description of your choice’ filing my friends garage and the far from organised state of the abs materials that came out of Adrian’s house,  I suspect it will be some time. 

I’m sure everyone will agree that’s it’s better for it to be done right, rather than press the new owner to over promise and under deliver. 

Duncan

Out of curiosity, any progress in this regard? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, drduncan said:

So, a lot has been done, with a lot still to do including examining the moulds and making replacements…

Fascinating and a significant undertaking by the sounds.  Looking forward to the return of the range in due course, best of luck to your friend in the meantime!

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Trying to identify the masters certainly was fascinating. My mate and I sitting mostly in silence comparing mould blacked bits of brass against drawings or bits of white metal, occasionally asking each other ‘do you think this (hold up master) could be this (offer bit of white metal).’

D

• Friendly/supportive 13

• 4 weeks later...

A Big Thanks to everyone who has purchased from the remaining stocks of the ABS 43-two-1 Wagon Kits and Accessory Packs – and the Cavalier Coaches Bogie kits and Accessory Packs.

Over 75% of the kits we inherited with the purchase of the ABS ranges have now been sold and a good proportion of the accessory packs too – and we have sold out of many subjects already.

To clear remaining stocks here are the details of our new Special Offer Prices as of today -

Any 43-two-1 ABS Cast Wagon kit for just £20.00 each [some less] and Brake Vans, Covered Vans  and Twin Bolster Wagons for only £28.00!

Note this does not apply to the few subjects that have one-piece resin bodies.

All the remaining accessory packs in both the 43-two-1 ABS and Cavalier Coaches ranges are now offered at only £3.00 per pack - unless they are already less than that.  There are offers also on the remaining etched Bulleid/Maunsell coach sides and some other items.

We are offering remaining stocks of the Cavalier cast bogie kits for just £8.00 pr.

Here are the links –
https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=348
https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=351

Finally – we have an offer on one of the superb Classic Commercials kits –
https://www.djparkins.com/product.php?productid=18891&cat=357&page=1

These are one-time bargains and when they are gone they are gone – never to be repeated at that price. So, we very much suggest you get all you think you might need for future projects.

Happy Modelling

David Parkins
www.djparkins.com

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thought this one deserves a bump....

Ok, ok, how's the sorting going?, I'm running low on the SR freighter brake gear sets and no doubt some more LSWR axlebox and spring sets will be needed once I get my act together.

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

Thought this one deserves a bump....

Ok, ok, how's the sorting going?, I'm running low on the SR freighter brake gear sets and no doubt some more LSWR axlebox and spring sets will be needed once I get my act together.

Cheers 

I shall ask.

D

• Thanks 1