Evening all,

I thought it was about time that I started a thread for my photography. I hope that's ok with the mods! I'm in the process of uploading some older pictures to my site, so I thought I'd share a few here to kick things off.

Tanfield Railways 2018 "Legends Of Industry" gala

CSC_0628.JPG?format=2500w

Lambton Austerity No. 60 at Terrace junction

CSC_0648.JPG?format=2500w

Dunston Power Station No. 15. powers up East Tanfield bank

CSC_0519.JPG?format=2500w

Twizell at Bowes Bridge

Edited by MattDitch
  • Like 5

Threlkeld quarry 2018 steam gala

CSC_0513.JPG?format=2500w

Rishra, a Landrover and Ruston diesel alongside the engine shed.

CSC_0667.JPG?format=2500w

No.1 outside the engine shed after a shower

CSC_0420.JPG?format=2500w

Sragi No. 14 "Max"

And finally for tonight I've been asked by several people recently if I could turn some of my pictures into colouring ins. So, in an effort to keep people entertained during this lockdown I've created the following gallery

There's links to colour guides under each picture. Please feel free to share your work in the comments below. There's no age limit on these. So please enjoy and remember this is just a bit of fun!

Edited by MattDitch
  • Like 7

Sadly another event that won't be going ahead this year is the steam gala at Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum. So for this Lockdown Lookback I thought I'd show the pictures I took during the 2016 steam gala. Link to full gallery

DSC_0164.JPG?format=2500w

Hudswell Clarke "Alpha"

DSC_0194.JPG?format=2500w

Kerr Stuart Sirdar class "Diana"

DSC_0170.JPG?format=2500w

Gp-39 & 3014

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another lookback to a past Tanfield "Legends of Industry" gala, this time the 2015 one. Visiting engines were Austerity "Mech Navvies" and Kitson long boiler "A.No.5
DSCF5060.JPG?format=2500w Armstrong Whitworth No.2 & Mech Navvies in Marley Hill yard

DSCF5044.JPG?format=2500w

The other No.2 and A.No.5 at Andrews House

DSCF5099.JPG?format=2500w

And departing Marley Hill yard with a coal train

• Like 3

I've also reuploaded my pictures from Beamish Museums 2016 "Great War Steam Fair. The full gallery can be found here

DSC_0530.jpg?format=2500w

"Lilla" at the Pockerly end of the Narrow gauge line where the saw mill was located for the event.

DSC_0631.jpg?format=2500w

Portbury departing Rowley

DSC_0659.jpg?format=2500w

McLaren Road Locomotive 1332 "Gigantic" and Foden Steam Wagon No.7768

DSC_0690+-+Copy.jpg?format=2500w

Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 well tank "104". Works No. 1238 of 1916

• Like 4

Bassenthwaite Lake station is a disused station on the closed Cockermouth, Keswick & Penrith Railway. It is located near the small village of Dubwath just off the A66 near Bassenthwaite Lake.

The station is currently been restored to its former glory as a tourist attraction. The locomotive and coaches are the props used during the filming of the 2017 film ”Murder on the Orient Express”.

At present the station is closed to the public but can be viewed from the road. The locomotive is based on a SNCF class 241P 

A few more pictures can be found on my website, here

UPLOAD3.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Afternoon everyone!

I'm pleased to be able to share with you all my latest video. Taken earlier this month at Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Co.Ltd.

The video features steam locomotives "River Esk" & "Northern Rock". As well as look at the now disused "Owd Ratty" terminus of Boot.

A gallery of pictures from the same day can be found here

I hope that videos will become a regular feature on this page. I hope to release another video next Sunday so be sure to subscribe to my channel so you don't miss anything!

• Like 2

This weeks video is now live (link below). It looks at the various railways of Chopwell Woods, a large Forestry Commission owned woodland located several miles west of Newcastle. The area has many former industrial connections and, if you know where to look it is possible to find traces of these former industries. Remains of both standard and narrow gauge railways can be found within the woods.

More information on the area can be found here.

North Tyneside Steam Railway. 28/08/20.

A trip to one of my local lines to see Bagnall 0-60-ST No.401 "Vulcan". The engine has recently been outshopped in its orignal "Steel Company of Wales" livery, and hauled its first train since repaint. The full gallery can be found here. But below are some highlights. I'm working on a video for Youtube which I'll post here when done.

DSC_0066.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0111.jpg?format=2500w 

Also out was class 08 "08 915"

DSC_0039.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 3

Merchant Navy No.35018 “British India Line” hauling the “Dalesman” railtour from Chester to Carlisle at Howe & Co Sidings. 35018 hauled the train from Hellifield-Carlisle-Carnforth.

UPLOAD.jpg?format=2500w

crossing.jpg?format=2500w

A short section of track remains on the tramway that linked Howe & Co Sidings with British Gypsum Cocklakes works.

• Like 1

New Youtube video!

A look at the now disused tramway that linked Cocklakes works, a Anhydrite & Gypsum mine with Howe & Co sidings on the Settle & Carlisle railway.

The video also features Merchant Navy No.35018 “British India Line” hauling the “Dalesman” railtour from Chester to Carlisle.

My thanks go to Bill Watson for allowing me to use several of his images in this video.

• Like 1

Ravenglass & Eskdale railway. 26/09/20

I've got a feeling this will probably be my last visit to a NG line this year, so I made sure to take lots of pictures! The full gallery can be found here.

DSC_0245.jpg?format=2500w

Esk waiting to leave Ravenglass.

DSC_0292.jpg?format=2500w

At Gill force junction, where the "Owd Ratty" line to Boot left the Gill force tramway.

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you but, the weather here is awful! So I've decided to release this weeks video a day early in the hopes it'll give people something to do.

The video was taken last week at the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway and features 3 engines in steam. Click the link below to watch, enjoy!

Oh and while you're there don't forget to like, favorite and subscribe  

• MattDitch changed the title to Tanfield Railway 11/10/20
  • MattDitch changed the title to Tanfield Railway video 11/10/20