Interlaken and Wengen

David Bell

27 minutes ago, teaky said:

We had our honeymoon in Wengen 25 years ago this year.  Thanks for posting these photos, David.  It's a lovely reminder of a great time.

It really is a magical place. You will remember the attached view, this taken from the balcony of our house

DSC_0220.JPG

• Like 14

Fantastic images, David, of a wonderful place. I've had two extended holidays in Interlaken now and it is most definitely one of my favourite holiday destinations.

If I may be so bold as to post pretty much exactly the same view as above but taken in the summer. Happy to delete if you'd rather keep this thread to your lovely photos.

1960174458_ViewfromWengen.jpg.a6138282b0cab127167b78ceb699c52c.jpg

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Waverley West said:

Fantastic images, David, of a wonderful place. I've had two extended holidays in Interlaken now and it is most definitely one of my favourite holiday destinations.

If I may be so bold as to post pretty much exactly the same view as above but taken in the summer. Happy to delete if you'd rather keep this thread to your lovely photos.

1960174458_ViewfromWengen.jpg.a6138282b0cab127167b78ceb699c52c.jpg

Lovely photo Dave, please leave it up. I must have sat looking at that view hundreds of times,  with an appropriate drink in hand of course!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, vectispete said:

I just wish wish I could find a HOm loco of 1991 Meiringen or 1992 Giswil. No luck so far.

I can't recall whether HRF, Ferro-Suisse, or Lemaco/Lematec made this model in H0m. However you could keep an eye on sites such as this, if you don't already.

I had considered trying the body from a Heinzl H0 model of the Brunig HGe4/4 1991 onto a Bemo chassis, but the body is really rather larger than H0 scale would require (and that's before trying to describe away the wheelbase dimensional difference). [By the way, the Heinzl body is too small to use as a Sm scale loco].

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Given the considerable standardisation of Swiss metre-gauge stock, perhaps it would be worth commissioning some CAD work for 3D printing. I reckon that Simon Dawson (rue d'Etropal/Recreation 21 could knock them out in no time.

There are of course quite a few items already on Shapeways, some still at reasonable prices.

17 hours ago, vectispete said:

Hi David

Some lovely photos. I holidayed with my parents at Interlaken around 1979. I still remember it with tremendous fondness.

Do you have any photos of Brienz? I am looking to model Brienz, Meiringen and Brünig Hasliberg in a somewhat meandering garage lifetime layout. I will model the pre-advertising era.  

I just wish wish I could find a HOm loco of 1991 Meiringen or 1992 Giswil. No luck so far.

regards

Pete

Apparently HRF did make a model of 1992. I found pictures of it on an American website, sold in the last few days (for lots)

HRF HGe 4-4 1 003.jpg

HRF HGe 4-4 1 002.jpg

HRF HGe 4-4 1 001.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DIW said:

I can't recall whether HRF, Ferro-Suisse, or Lemaco/Lematec made this model in H0m. However you could keep an eye on sites such as this, if you don't already.

I had considered trying the body from a Heinzl H0 model of the Brunig HGe4/4 1991 onto a Bemo chassis, but the body is really rather larger than H0 scale would require (and that's before trying to describe away the wheelbase dimensional difference). [By the way, the Heinzl body is too small to use as a Sm scale loco].

I think if I was thinking of kitbashing a model to make the HGe4/4 I think I would start with  Bemo model of an unrebuilt Rhb Ge 4/4 i. New cabs and different roof detail. The changes to each side would not be too difficult and it can't be a million miles away sizewise

Hi

i had found that hrs built this class many years ago but 2nd hand models are almost non-existent. Pricey but I have put aside in readiness to find one, if ever I am lucky enough.

my skill set is not sufficient to build onto a Bemo chassis a 3D body to the level I want the loco to look like.

i also stumbled across a magazine available (in German) called modellbahn Schweiz. Does anyone know if this is worth receiving? Modern technology can always allow us to translate nowadays.

keep these wonderful photos coming David and if you can spare the time to find any for Brienz I would love to see them.

pete

All photos from all different eras help build up the area. Google maps help obtain buildings detail but wanting to model c 1990 means things can change. Mind you most Swiss wooden chalets look like they have been there foe years.

keep em coming.

3 hours ago, David Bell said:

Apparently HRF did make a model of 1992. I found pictures of it on an American website, sold in the last few days (for lots)

HRF HGe 4-4 1 003.jpg

HRF HGe 4-4 1 002.jpg

HRF HGe 4-4 1 001.jpg

HRF did both this and 1991 Meiringen. Don’t they look good. No wonder I cannot find one for sale!

• Like 1

Any pictures of the LGB layout at one of the hotels(Bristol?) in Wengen?I remember there being a running session once a week. It had quites an extensive track plan and features RhB stock.
Interlaken (actually Unterseen) was my last holiday before the Covid epidemic broke out and just got home in time.

Regards Robert 

14 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Any pictures of the LGB layout at one of the hotels(Bristol?) in Wengen?I remember there being a running session once a week. It had quites an extensive track plan and features RhB stock.
Interlaken (actually Unterseen) was my last holiday before the Covid epidemic broke out and just got home in time.

Regards Robert 

The hotel you are thinking of is the Bellevue. I dont think I ever photographed it. Unterseen is lovely, we used to go somewhere there for lunch quite regularly. 

We were in Wengen in January, emptying the house of 15 years of junk, sold it in February, we were lucky to do all that given what has happened since.

David

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, vectispete said:

All photos from all different eras help build up the area. Google maps help obtain buildings detail but wanting to model c 1990 means things can change. Mind you most Swiss wooden chalets look like they have been there foe years.

keep em coming.

One or two of the chalets in Wengen are about 250 years old, maybe more

It is difficult to judge what is traditional and what is a modern replica with the wooden built chalets. I am in two minds whether to do a ‘pendon’ And build an imaginary location of the line using actual buildings of interest. Having gone through a divorce, selling all my Rhb stock and now starting on the SBB Brünig idea I keep changing my mind on which real stations to model. Giswil one week, Brienz the next. I think once I make an actual start I will be okay. At the moment I just seem to be buying Bemo locos and Kibri Swiss kits!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vectispete said:

It is difficult to judge what is traditional and what is a modern replica with the wooden built chalets. I am in two minds whether to do a ‘pendon’ And build an imaginary location of the line using actual buildings of interest. Having gone through a divorce, selling all my Rhb stock and now starting on the SBB Brünig idea I keep changing my mind on which real stations to model. Giswil one week, Brienz the next. I think once I make an actual start I will be okay. At the moment I just seem to be buying Bemo locos and Kibri Swiss kits!

All the stations on that line are pretty. I can appreciate the dilemma. Divorce is not good for ones wealth! I kept all my trains, the model of Interlaken was skipped along with a 7mm model of Brechin. Also the Swiss house and another in the UK and my Aston all gone. No price on happiness though. So all good. The last couple of days going through all these Swiss photos has been fun. Must get back to Glasgow Queen Street though! (The current project)

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

The hotel you are thinking of is the Bellevue. I dont think I ever photographed it. Unterseen is lovely, we used to go somewhere there for lunch quite regularly. 

We were in Wengen in January, emptying the house of 15 years of junk, sold it in February, we were lucky to do all that given what has happened since.

David

I don’t think I’ve got  any pictures as the chap who was running the layout invited me down to his shed to show me around and I think I got talking trains and forgot to take any. 
We have visited the Interlaken probably 25 times and have usually stopped in Wilderswil but it’s a bit out of the way, especially in the winter so be decided to go more central. The Schynige Platte railway is my favourite, original stock in subdued colours. 

Regards 

Robert

• Like 1