Wandering down the Conwy Valley...

0O00

Adding to Peter's notes. A van train for the explosive traffic without a brake van would be to Blaenau North Western yard. When we opened Maentwrog Rd. siding the brake vans were added for the propelling move from Blaenau. Late 1985.

Thanks Merfyn, I realised the train without the brake van only went to Blaenau like the peak that worked once. Thanks for the PM, I will reply later with some more questions, appreciate your help. One quick question, where did the traffic actually go as I don't recall seeing any pictures of them traversing the N Wales coast line?

I remember following your Dyserth depot layout and Holland Park I must admit I have only just caught up on your Sidings layout. I must have missed it somehow.

Explosive train. 40004 11th Aug 83. 25323 11th sept 85. 25912 12th and 23rd March 87. 47352 7th April 88. Of note is 25323 had a barrier and 3 vans but no brake van. The others were the more normal barrier, van, barrier, Brake van. 

Flask. 25035 13th June 86. 25058 17th April 85. 

Thanks Peter, also have a Facebook page for 'The Sidings' here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Sidings-444241355785329/

Thanks for the info it's the period 1986/87 I intend to model so the loco numbers are useful as I want to model locos that actually worked there. Maentwrog Road will be my next project after another little project I have just started. This is set in 1979 with the last three class 24's in service (Sutton's Locomotive workshop versions), class 40's and 47's. Just reliving my youth watching them pass through Rhyl. It will only be a small stabling point. 

Thanks Peter, also have a Facebook page for 'The Sidings' here: https://www.facebook.com/The-Sidings-444241355785329/

Thanks for the info it's the period 1986/87 I intend to model so the loco numbers are useful as I want to model locos that actually worked there. Maentwrog Road will be my next project after another little project I have just started. This is set in 1979 with the last three class 24's in service (Sutton's Locomotive workshop versions), class 40's and 47's. Just reliving my youth watching them pass through Rhyl. It will only be a small stabling point. 

No worries Nick,

I was very tempted with the Sutton class 24 but they were a bit early for my time period on Llanbourne.

You probably already know but www.2D53.co.uk/ is a good site to visit.

Cheers Peter.

I was very tempted with the Sutton class 24 but they were a bit early for my time period on Llanbourne.

You probably already know but www.2D53.co.uk/ is a good site to visit.

Yes peter I often frequent 2D53 thanks. As for the 24's the last in service 1980 so to early for you.

Yes peter I often frequent 2D53 thanks. As for the 24's the last in service 1980 so to early for you.

Hi Nick,

I am sure Suttons loco works will release a class 25 at some point. 

Some books I have found useful over the years, might be worth you checking out if you haven't all ready.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-19847100-1500381337_thumb.jpg

Some books I have found useful over the years, might be worth you checking out if you haven't all ready.

Thanks Peter, I am familiar with the books and the authors having lived on the N Wales coast all my life and lived through the good days on the line.

Archived