Update on the 2P, a Holiday layout powered by Tyco of course

Max's Model Railway

Hello, So not having much success with the BEC 2P kit and trust me I didn't do such a terrific Job,  I've sent it to a friend who had actually repaired the bad solder joints and actually made it look beautiful, I did remove the base of the model for a new intended loco-bashed chassis, and I'll be sending him a Castle which has been lurking Hattons for Months. The castle will be used for parts... Here's what I'm thinking.

Tender shell: to be kitbashed into another kind of tender

Tender Chassis: Will be reused in its original format

Drivers and bogies: I'm only going to use two driving wheels, and the bogie will be reused.

Coupling rods: will be reused but only in a (4)-4-0 configuation.

Chassis plate and Screws: I'll be salvaging what I can

Coupling hooks: (Tender to engine and Tension lock) will be reused

Motor: to be reallocated to the tender.

The Overall idea is to still have the locomotive repainted into Edward.

Also I've been wanting to model a Cat proof christmas village for TT scale Not that its cat themed I'm thinking it would be based in the English Countryside, I only have a small oval of TT Railway Track. I'm looking for several ideas...

Thanks for any info.

A Tyco Trains HO 18 volt Train Controller will be used to power the Train set and a The fun bit will be using a Tyco whistling billboard. A few diodes will have to be used in the set slow voltage so it doesn't burn out the motor

Edited by Max's Model Railway
Mistake in the final product
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 26/05/2020 at 00:37, Max's Model Railway said:

Also I've been wanting to model a Cat proof christmas village for TT scale Not that its cat themed I'm thinking it would be based in the English Countryside, I only have a small oval of TT Railway Track. I'm looking for several ideas...

Is anything cat-proof? 

Various felines over my lifetime have had destructive fun with baubles for trees

• RMweb Gold

Nothing cat proof, believe me , from cooked breakfasts to models , apart from pinching food nothing deliberate and generally cats can be very gentle of foot but trains whizzing round are just toooo tempting.

Sadly village might well require a si-fi type dome ... happy modelling and remember the sole purpose of internet is to allow cat pictures to be admired around the globe, all other activities are very much secondary.

Robert      

• RMweb Premium
On 05/10/2020 at 12:13, Robert Shrives said:

... happy modelling and remember the sole purpose of internet is to allow cat pictures to be admired around the globe, all other activities are very much secondary.

Robert      

Indeed, and the prime reason for buying a half-decent camera.

Nigel