RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

8 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Thanks, Pity the weather forecast is so poor for tomorrow. There are 3 37s sat in the parcels sidings at York at the moment. 

Paul

425, 407 and 422 if I am not mistaken. 424 was at Crewe this morning so I presume it is coming up tomorrow.

On 08/09/2021 at 20:40, hmrspaul said:

Thanks, Pity the weather forecast is so poor for tomorrow. There are 3 37s sat in the parcels sidings at York at the moment. 

Paul

OK so the weather was looking fine for the big engineers train I wanted to photo. Caroline was working from Hull to York but wasn't being reported on RTT until it was about half an hour into the journey and running half an hour early, So very quickly got out and caught Caroline hauled by 37588 (old 424) and then shunted back into Holgate sidings, then run around and pushed back into the parcels sidings (where it resides overnight). Shows what can be done with a simple set up of one coach and loco. 

The best place to see the videos and photos at the moment is https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/recentlyadded 

but they are also posted properly under "Class 37" and "DB975000-099". 

Paul

- and the engineers train, I got drowned, it roared through topped and tailed by Freightliner heavyhaul 66s and the phots are useless! British summer!

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Looks like someone hid my previous post

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to see Caroline in company with the real 37424.................. 

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Looks like someone hid my previous post

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to see Caroline in company with the real 37424.................. 

Good luck with that.

You are misleading modellers - I stress modellers. This loco carries a huge 37558 which is the main number a modeller would see. If it stops a modeller might notice there are small 424s on each end - not even 37424; it has also been renamed since late BR days.

It is conventional to refer to the appearance of heritage locos with the identity carried at the time - several steam locos running around have been renamed - such as one of the Jubilees on the Scarborough steamers. 

Paul

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Good luck with that.

You are misleading modellers - I stress modellers. This loco carries a huge 37558 which is the main number a modeller would see. If it stops a modeller might notice there are small 424s on each end - not even 37424; it has also been renamed since late BR days.

It is conventional to refer to the appearance of heritage locos with the identity carried at the time - several steam locos running around have been renamed - such as one of the Jubilees on the Scarborough steamers. 

Paul

We're rapidly going OT here but: 

I am not trying to mislead anyone - if anything, I hope that it is informative. It is not the "old 424" as you put it, it is officially 37424 - 37558 is cosmetic. 

A similar example - nobody refers to 66723 as ZA723 or 66775 as F231, despite both carrying large decals proclaiming alternate identities

With regard to steam locos - one of them is commonly referred to as Galberta Leone as it has carried three different names/numbers in recent times.

Anyway - I'm off out to see 37424 masquerading as 37558.

Although more importantly - back O/T - 975025 Caroline.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Anyway - I'm off out to see 37424 masquerading as 37558.

Although more importantly - back O/T - 975025 Caroline.

Not always easy to find roof shots.

665493916_975025roof.jpg.d48617aca9a9612670214cc727e1f25d.jpg

A sign of the times with sanitiser on the table.

1104639469_975025table.jpg.3264865b58081af384a4e4a90e334624.jpg

And a clear end shot. Will the model have moulded light lenses to match? Hi Mike and Ben!

1940272554_975025end.jpg.8985ef1548332672773936e24b063187.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

Now you teased us will the EP’s, is there going to be any delays in seeing the decorated samples?  My grubby paws can’t wait to fondle one :angel:

We tend not to put timescales on EP to deco samples as the reality is that they take as long as they take and we’d rather they were as correct as possible. 

Having said which we hope to have deco samples relatively soon and will show them off when they arrive. Possibly by GETS but if not the next show we’ll be at will be MR Scotland 2022. 

cheers M

• Like 5

Caroline spent the weekend in the, so called, Parcels sidings at York. I've now sorted my photos into their own collection, although only a very few show one side - each time I've seen it in York station itself it has been the same way around! Nice to get a few top shots as well. 

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/caroline   77 photos and 8 videos. The way it was received at a passenger platform before withdrawl, running around and pushing back into the sidings could easily be reproduced on many model railways - no need for a huge station just platforms with a bay and run round. 

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/caroline   77 photos and 8 videos. The way it was received at a passenger platform before withdrawl, running around and pushing back into the sidings could easily be reproduced on many model railways - no need for a huge station just platforms with a bay and run round. 

Paul

.....and in such superb condition can be legitimately run 'straight from the box' without the need for any weathering. Great collection of photos Paul, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Ian.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ben & Mike. I have a N gauge blue/grey Caroline on order and was just wondering about the thorny subject of colour shades - specifically rail blue. Do you know if you are heading along the same shades as Bachmann or Dapol or going in your own direction?

Steve

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, steve1023 said:

Hi Ben & Mike. I have a N gauge blue/grey Caroline on order and was just wondering about the thorny subject of colour shades - specifically rail blue. Do you know if you are heading along the same shades as Bachmann or Dapol or going in your own direction?

Steve

Hi there,

We are specifying the same colour as Bachmann, which is a standard RAL shade and looks right to me.

In answer to the query about an 0 gauge version, we discussed the possibility but until the 'matching' DRS Compass Class 37s are all sold we're unlikely to look at it seriously.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, steve1023 said:

Paint shades?  Dapol?  Not unless you are wanting '50 Shades of Rail Blue', surely...?!     :blink:

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Quicker than I could post!

We are delighted to announce that Rainbow Railways have commissioned our 4mm/OO model of Caroline 975025 in "viridian" green.  

spacer.png

Network Rail acquired 975025 “Caroline” from FM Rail in 2008 and refurbished parts of the interior along with changes to the cab ends with the removal of the SR 27-way jumper cables and headcode boxes plus the addition of new “WIPAC”- style head and tail lights.

The saloon was repainted at the same time into “viridian” green – the rumour is that a Derby apprentice was sent to the local paint shop to match as closely as possible to SR Green with the result that the saloon ended up in this lighter green. Caroline 975025 stayed in this lighter green until 2015 when it was repainted into SR green.

This exclusive version of Caroline will feature all the tooling changes to reflect the changes made to the real coach as well as the standard features for our other 3 versions of Caroline 975025.

The "viridian" green model of Caroline is exclusive to Rainbow Railways and all orders should be placed directly with Rainbow Railways.

Livery samples of 975025/Caroline are due to be with us any time now and once we've assessed them we will set (and announce!) an order deadline so that production can start.  Realistically, we think that delivery is going to be Q2 2022.

• Like 3

Just now, Revolution Mike said:

Quicker than I could post!

Sorry mate!

That might just well be me sold though. Mate's got the current form, and I was happy you'd not offered the viridian green to save my wallet for now. Alas, no more.

Just don't announce an 88 now.

• Like 1