RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

4 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

I’ve just read the information on Rainbow railways how it got the colour for Caroline, Myself and another apprentice worked at RVEL at the time and we was the only Apprentices. The information is untrue so I liked to know where it come from? 

How long have you worked on the railway?  Surely in the greatest traditions of the railway, when something goes wrong you know that you cover it up by blaming the most inexperienced, if at all possible!  Or as I always say, crap only ever falls downwards!  God blesses those coated in titanium.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

I’ve just read the information on Rainbow railways how it got the colour for Caroline, Myself and another apprentice worked at RVEL at the time and we was the only Apprentices. The information is untrue so I liked to know where it come from? 

Why not ask Rainbow directly if you really want to know? Can't imagine anyone here will know. 

• Agree 1

On 09/04/2022 at 22:41, 159220 said:

Where does Hatton's get their historian from?

Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/975025_Caroline

The references to 1036, 1978, 2012 and Victa Westlink Rail are all in that article.  It appears that Hattons have simply summarised what is on Wikipedia.

I wonder where they got the idea that it is to be an 18 pin decoder.

On 12/04/2022 at 12:39, rorz101uk said:

Hi Rory,

All the information we post is provided from the direct research that Revolution obtain from the close working relationships they have. This was a story they have been told about how it got that shade and creates interest to the history of the coach. Fairly typical of the workplace tales that are folklore in some industries. The real truth is probably a wrong paint code at some point whether it was written down wrong or the error came when it was mixed. The important thing is capturing the correct shade on the model which the Revolution team have obtained. 

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Having never caught 'Caroline' out on the network I initially didn't have much interest in this, but I finally crossed paths with her in York last month along with 37401;

PXL_20220323_122411046.jpg.0c70b80bf271e084509dead6f9fc66ca.jpg

PXL_20220323_122441823.jpg.b6d11dc95bb0f26b2cfe769d302cf7d3.jpg

After asking very politely I was also allowed to pop my head through the door and have a look inside;

PXL_20220323_122850357.jpg.3fedffd355851fc39bda20e3f2928f71.jpg

It's a lovely bit of kit and all I will say further is I've just secured a sound fitted Bachmann 37401 and have put in a pre-order with Rails for Caroline. I'll be getting both weathered to just like this! 

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

I can never tell if that applause emote is being used genuinely or as sarcasm haha - the joys of the internet. Let's just say I was quite happy to finally catch Caroline and I'm very grateful for being able to have a brief look inside. 

Cheers,

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/04/2022 at 10:55, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Rory,

All the information we post is provided from the direct research that Revolution obtain from the close working relationships they have. This was a story they have been told about how it got that shade and creates interest to the history of the coach. Fairly typical of the workplace tales that are folklore in some industries. The real truth is probably a wrong paint code at some point whether it was written down wrong or the error came when it was mixed. The important thing is capturing the correct shade on the model which the Revolution team have obtained. 

Thanks

Mark

I don’t Disagree with getting the right livery. Obviously somebody was telling Porkies! 

On 14/04/2022 at 15:33, 60800 said:

I can never tell if that applause emote is being used genuinely or as sarcasm haha - the joys of the internet.

I can say in the case of the post with the pics on the station I meant it as "well done".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I can never tell if that applause emote is being used genuinely or as sarcasm haha - the joys of the internet. Let's just say I was quite happy to finally catch Caroline and I'm very grateful for being able to have a brief look inside. 

Cheers,

I only use it genuinely when I'm impressed.....we clearly need a "slow hand clap" for more pejorative purposes.....along with that "groan" button....

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Cheers,

The pictures are a joy. I used “applause” because a mere “like” didn’t seem strong enough.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/04/2022 at 23:46, Dungrange said:

Is there any confirmation on the DCC socket in the 00 version and how many functions will be required to operate all of the various lighting combinations?  There was a suggestion earlier in this thread that it was to be 21 pin and this article confirms that.

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/caroline-breaks-cover

However, I note that Hattons are describing it as having an 18 pin socket, so that implies a Next18 decoder is required:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklistdatabase/779734/revolution_trains_oo_sgmis_002_inspection_saloon_975025_caroline_in_network_southeast_blue/stockdetail

Obviously both sources can't be correct.

Hi all

Apologies for the delay in replying - I have only just seen this. 

The DCC interfaces are 21-pin for 00 and Next-18 for N, I suspect that is where confusion has arisen.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Well, half the ensemble is here! The sound of a tractor ticking over in the kitchen had the dog going nuts haha.

1349381414_PXL_20220416_110419625.NIGHT2.jpg.ec4446e98d899fc57d91c03a3a32ce33.jpg

Will you be supplying a sound chip for Caroline with a bunch of NR higher-ups nattering and scoffing sandwiches and crisps? 

Cheers,

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Will you be supplying a sound chip for Caroline with a bunch of NR higher-ups nattering and scoffing sandwiches and crisps? 

Era is everything. In previous times, I suspect Caroline may not always have been 'dry'.

• Funny 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

I'd happily have one in N gauge for Draxbridge if they are still doing one. 

The N Gauge version is still available to pre-order direct from Revolution: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product-category/pre-order/ngauge/caroline-inspection-saloon-n/

EP samples are expected soon according the their latest news update. 

Tom. 

Stumbled upon this, looks just perfect! Hoping for an Accurascale DRS Compass 37423 and a Bachmann DRS Compass 47818 to be announced to run with her! Bachmann's 37409 shall do for now! 

279198943_1023180674986541_6701880528476

279083243_1023180671653208_6444653935820

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just checked the Revolution projects updates page, and looks like the Caroline 4mm models aren't going to arrive into the UK until Nov/Dec this year..... If so, will make a nice Christmas present......

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, guzzler17 said:

Cannot, as this time, see if there's a way of accessing the interior so that a crew can be fitted.

Perhaps a crew will be fitted at both ends during production?

The body is straightforward to remove to access the DCC socket and allow personnel to be added.

Not to mention tiny bottles, glasses and plates on the tables!!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3