25 minutes ago, Roadrails said:

Await some striaght laced talking about the best type of hosiery to tear up for the best model.

I'll have to have a look at what my PRMRP model uses. Probably end up robbing it to put on this model, in fact!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/06/2020 at 21:43, F-UnitMad said:

I'll have to have a look at what my PRMRP model uses. Probably end up robbing it to put on this model, in fact!!! 

My PRMRP model uses some etched diamond mesh. It must have come with the kit. Even if it's overscale, being painted black that isn't obvious. What would be obvious was if it was missing altogether. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

My PRMRP model uses some etched diamond mesh. It must have come with the kit. Even if it's overscale, being painted black that isn't obvious. What would be obvious was if it was missing altogether. 

when i built the DJH kit there was a brass etch for the steps in the kit as well

need one for my garden railway

• 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

You may not be aware that Chris Klein of Minerva Models passed away three months ago. 

But his business partner, Chris Basten, is carrying on, 

and has been updating the thread on the GOG forum.

It might depend on the lighting - to me both greens look all over the place!! The cab green is far too 'lime' in shade.

This is a photo of mine from some years ago of D9555 at Norchard, but then it was an overcast day then.

000043774464.Jpeg.5aa4afc8b84f2a5471f45b79b67ac08b.Jpeg

When I painted the cab on my PRMRP one, I had to mix the shade from BR Sherwood Green,and Duck Egg Blue, to get it close.

Also looks like the main green should be darker. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I saw D9555 at Norchard recently too, and the cab colour was nothing like what I recall its original colour to be - I used to see this loco regularly at Backworth Colliery in service in the late 70's, where it retained its original paint.  Now it was dirty and weathered, I admit, but the colour just looked wrong on it now.  Also the bufferbeams were a curious shade on them when new - more lemon than anything.  Looked awful, but that is how they were.

• RMweb Premium

You are so close you’ve got to get it finished.  I recently discovered an almost finished class 02 diesel shunter I built from a Craftsman kit about 40 years ago; I’m going to race Heljan to get mine finished before they release theirs.