Unchangeable address, Lenz Silver mini

Per title, can I get this decoder to change address? No. Won't change on programme track, won't reset to factory default, could I have locked it accidentally? Not aware that it has a lock feature.

It's otherwise  working perfectly hardwired in a Bachmann Jinty, where it has been since that model was introduced, fifteen (or was it sixteen?) years ago. So not a problem as such, as I could alter the other loco number that has produced an address clash; but it's a sight easier doing it electronically rather than aligning transfers with my variable astigmatism eyesight. So I turn to you bright fellows for your suggestions please.

In your position, I would try to contact the Lenz support.  In the UK, it is A&H Models of Brackley.  They have sorted problems with a Lenz controller for me before, and give good service.  Link to website:

https://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/lenz-digital-products-65-c.asp

I also found a list of manuals etc to download from the main Lenz website.  Might be worth a look?

https://www.lenz-elektronik.de/download.php#frueher

Looking at the manual for the Silver Mini, there is mention of writing 33 into CV8 to do a factory reset.  That is an unusual reset code, in my limited experience, but might be worth a go.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear that it worked.  I have had issues with chips supposedly not working, and the reset did the trick.  It seems odd that your manual differed from the online one.  I have about 3 locos with differing Lenz chips, so I will check so see if their reset code is the same as the Silver Mini.

All my other Lenz decoders (which are easily the majority decoder on the layout) are 33 in CV8 for reset. Should have thought to give that a try really!

This silver mini was one of a handful purchased in Seattle about the time they were newly introduced, the dealer had them on display prompting an impulse purchase, but they proved very useful as small decoders this good were a rarity at the time. They were in different packaging from the European rigid plastic boxes that were then the norm, with a manual clearly produced in North America; so the '8 in CV8' for reset may have been a typo.

• RMweb Gold

I believe CV8=33 was the first implementation but the firmware has since been updated, probably on the '+' range of decoders. Just tried myself to reset a Lenz Standard+ decoder that's at the current firmware level (13) and it resets with CV8 via either 8 or 33. 

• Informative/Useful 1