Dapol to launch new & revised 156s

Stu from EGDL

Seaspeed hovercraft had the same reversed logos. Maybe these Dapol DMUs were intended for Boris’s tunnel from Scotland to Northern Ireland, as a quasi-maritime route.

Edited by Mike Harvey
Added clause
  • Funny 2

Hello everyone,

Colin has been busy correcting the Black BR arrows and also working on the slightly later Swoosh livery on the first of our new stock to arrive this week. The Dapol printing is well applied and therefore more difficult to remove cleanly before the new arrows/logos are added. 

We are currently taking orders/noting interest via email at the current time and anticipate these will be around £140, so still below RRP. 
image.png.6377ddc0cdf3d383af8069a2b39a0bdf.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

C&M Models limited edition ScotRail Saltire Class 156 is now available. A big thank you to Dapol for adding these on to the recent production with very little notice for ourselves.

These are selling steadily, so we suggest that if you want one (or more!), 

Price is the same as the RRP for the Dapol standard series units - £150.00, with postage of £4.50 if required. Collection from the shop is also available.

Orders can be placed online at this link: https://cmmodels.7.ekm.shop/cmm010a-scotrail-class-156-dmu-saltire-livery-unit-156508-cm-exclusive-not-yet-released-16985-p.asp .

Orders can also be accepted by mail to sales@candmmodels.co.uk , or by phone to 01228 514 689 during shop opening hours (Tuesday to Saturday, 10.00 to 16.30).

P1070349_1800.jpg.110b337a1524c951fe107db4801cda30.jpg

P1070347_1000.jpg.4415f8f721474654af343050b1177147.jpg

P1070351_Composite.jpg.6ac99bf4c67524f84cc20b76e1456a1e.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 10:23, Mike Harvey said:

Seaspeed hovercraft had the same reversed logos. Maybe these Dapol DMUs were intended for Boris’s tunnel from Scotland to Northern Ireland, as a quasi-maritime route.

I have just seen a clip on Facebook of a representative of 'Bring Back British Rail' at Queen Street reporting on the re-nationalisation of Scotrail.

The Double Arrows on her badge are reversed. Maybe it's a 'thing' 

es grüßt 

pc

• RMweb Gold
On 03/04/2022 at 08:40, Mike at C&M said:

C&M Models limited edition ScotRail Saltire Class 156 is now available. A big thank you to Dapol for adding these on to the recent production with very little notice for ourselves.

These are selling steadily, so we suggest that if you want one (or more!), 

Price is the same as the RRP for the Dapol standard series units - £150.00, with postage of £4.50 if required. Collection from the shop is also available.

Orders can be placed online at this link: https://cmmodels.7.ekm.shop/cmm010a-scotrail-class-156-dmu-saltire-livery-unit-156508-cm-exclusive-not-yet-released-16985-p.asp .

Orders can also be accepted by mail to sales@candmmodels.co.uk , or by phone to 01228 514 689 during shop opening hours (Tuesday to Saturday, 10.00 to 16.30).

P1070349_1800.jpg.110b337a1524c951fe107db4801cda30.jpg

P1070347_1000.jpg.4415f8f721474654af343050b1177147.jpg

P1070351_Composite.jpg.6ac99bf4c67524f84cc20b76e1456a1e.jpg

Deed done, look very good

Robert 

• RMweb Premium

Do they want the original bodies back though?  If not then I might well pick up a surplus body set, correct the error myself and rebody one of my existing ones.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

Has anyone else compared the shades of orange on the SPTE liveried class 156 and Revolution Trains class 320?

Dapol’s take is darker than Revolutions. I would say the 320 is closest to what I remember, interested to hear others thoughts on this.

I have messaged Dapol but have yet to hear anything back.

Cheers,

Keith.

4E343FD4-EE87-4EF5-854D-4A38E72B6DCB.jpeg

9D90BF41-46F9-4CAB-96D7-74A1AAFD95A9.jpeg

Edited by Crompton Power

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, JBM37404 said:

Has anyone received replacement bodyshells off Dapol? Beginning to wonder if it's been forgotten for the backwards Arrows.

Been very quiet for a while now….perhaps Adam Warr will know, now that he is in their employ.

Hope to hear something soon…waiting on 4 bodies.

But I also think the Revolution 320 is a better match for my memory.

Later,

Stu from EGVN 

• 3 months later...

BUMP

And another question...

I bought two sets brand new and sent copies of that receipt to Dapol as proof of ownership to enable replacement bodies to be sent.

But....in the intervening months i have picked up another two sets second hand, meaning I now have 4 sets...8 bodyshells. Will I be able to get replacements for all 8 if I send proof of ownership...ie a pic showing all 4 sets??

Later;

Stu from EGVN

25 minutes ago, Stu from EGDL said:

I bought two sets brand new and sent copies of that receipt to Dapol as proof of ownership to enable replacement bodies to be sent.

But....in the intervening months i have picked up another two sets second hand, meaning I now have 4 sets...8 bodyshells. Will I be able to get replacements for all 8 if I send proof of ownership...ie a pic showing all 4 sets??

Personally I'd be writing direct to Dapol on this as only they can decide on whether to extend the body swap scheme.

Asking for a swap of second hand for new on the basis of a photo, hmmmm (thinks Photoshop here).

I'd send the lot off, with a grovelling letter, and see what comes back.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry it is taking so long to get the replacement 156 shells done. We decided to get the Strathclyde Red shade spot on and this has taken a lot of back and forth with the factory to get right,

Happy to say the latest deco sample is spot on, so these will be in production as soon as possible. Please don't ask me for an ETA or I might start to whimper!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2023 at 21:59, Captain Electra said:

Did you get a reply, Stu?

I made some enquiries and this will not be a problem as we have ordered the same amount of replacement bodies.

Hi Adam;

Didn't get a reply directly, but this is indeed good news. Thanks for digging in and helping. 

Looking forward to the replacement bodies arriving.

Regards;

STU from EGVN

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

We are hoping for a Q4 2023 release for the replacement Strathclyde PTE bodies.

I realise this has been a very long wait since the original release but we decided to improve the shade of orange, which involved a lot of work with our factory in China.

Hopefully the end result will be worth the wait.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Are we possibly getting a release of the re tooled 156 in Provincial Sprinter/Super Sprinter livery at all? These would be great to compliment the Strathclyde 156 for Scottish layouts & a great addition with the forthcoming Regional Railways 158 from Farish.

Also because I really need a couple in this livery too, pretty please Dapol 😉

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 1977joey
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Adam1701D said:

Nothing concrete planned but I agree that the Provincial sets are overdue for a re-run - not least as I want some!

Quite fancy seeing if we can do the 3-car West Highland sets.

Cheers Adam,

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd have 3 units if they're done in Provincial livery.

Cheers,

Mark