Railtec HO decals - GBRf 66789

ellocoloco

Just got a set of HO decals from Railtec for GBRf BR Large Logo blue 66789.

They look great and I'll soon be starting on my Mehano 66 repaint. Just need some more wagons as my two Roco Habfis just won't be enough!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for bringing Railtec to our attention!

It seems a bit odd, they have chosen a one-off loco for their 1:87 transfers but they will make for a smart-looking engine. I've ordered up a set for my ESU class 66.

- Richard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 47137 said:

Thank you for bringing Railtec to our attention!

It seems a bit odd, they have chosen a one-off loco for their 1:87 transfers but they will make for a smart-looking engine. I've ordered up a set for my ESU class 66.

- Richard.

I totally agree, it's a bit of a corner-case loco but it's what ellocoloco had specifically asked for some time ago so that's what got made.

The way in which some of the more niche catalogs (c.f. 3mm and Gauge 1) are created and evolve is based on what people ask for, as it's often not feasible to invest the time needed to start mapping everything from, let's say, the 4mm catalog (which is a few thousand line items strong now) down to HO or 3mm. Whilst sorting 66789 I figured it was a good  juncture at which to release the DB logos for locos in HO given the potential for continental rolling stock, so they're also available too.

And thanks for the order - it's already on its way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After several months I reckon 66789 is now ready for service......its been an adventure but I am really pleased with how its turned out.

My original model was HGK 64, Mehano 6360 and although I am aware there are some differences between the UK and Continental locos I have ignored most of these! The Mehano model had antenna above each cab, one of which was broken when I got the loco, the second came off in my hands. Fortunately the UK locos don't appear to have these. I also removed what I think are called indusi shoes from each bogie as these are for German signalling. 

I used a Railmatch paints - blue, yellow, grey and varnish and Humbrol - black, orange and grey (undercoat). The Railtec decals were great and easy to use. I was working from pictures on the web so the actual decal positioning my be slightly out but it works for me! The cantrail stripe could be straighter...........

This has been my first attempt at a respray and I had to teach myself to spray first. At the same time I worked on a Triang 37 again into large logo so I could see how it all went. I'm really happy with the outcome and enjoyed doing it. I'll get Christmas out the way (I work in retail) and then think on what I'll be doing next. 

66 good side bb.jpg

66 good side aa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 2