Gill Head: Kirkby Luneside's neighbour

Physicsman

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Looking forward to it. 

It does take time, I spent the winter building a warehouse and this month putting right a wiring job that I did in a rush and totally hashed up. In my defense, it was a bit complicated but I did have to dismantle most of the layout. However I'm glad to report that it now works and that I can get back to the more creative side to the hobby. Grass etc. 

There's just not enough time. What's needed is a couple of clones but if I actually think about it, things would take much longer if there were three idiots procrastinating, arguing and getting in each others way all the time.

Regards Shaun 

I often think some clones would be handy but the amount of projects would just increase, my house isn’t big enough and my missus would have a breakdown. 

Jay

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

4 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

I often think some clones would be handy but the amount of projects would just increase, my house isn’t big enough and my missus would have a breakdown. 

Jay

Likewise, but I suspect that I / we would only get into trouble or stand around talking about  old motorbikes and drink all the tea. The memsahib wouldn't put up with it either.

Someone on here did ask if they could clone her, which I think was meant to be a compliment.

I probably should warned them that when they annoyed her, she'd undoubtedly kill him and then have the perfect alibi.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

An update that's not really an update....

Work progressing well. An awkward, arm-stretching task to come, but hoping to get pics up by Saturday.

Enough of a tease, Jonathan? 😇

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

Work progressing well. An awkward, arm-stretching task to come, but hoping to get pics up by Saturday.

This isn't good for my blood pressure Jeff.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

The docs put me on an extra tablet!

Hope it's not one of those little blue ones!

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

This isn't good for my blood pressure Jeff.

Just stay clear of Jonathan's blue tablets then, Shaun!!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Hope it's not one of those little blue ones!

Just stay clear of Jonathan's blue tablets then, Shaun!!

I think (no experience) the little blue ones are designed to increase blood pressure! So steering well clear of those.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

I think (no experience) the little blue ones are designed to increase blood pressure! So steering well clear of those.

Rumor has it they also make you go cross eyed !

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Downhill?

I thought the whole point was to make things go UPHILL.

Memories of Monty Python with reverse time footage of collapsing chimneys and trains entering tunnels....

Twas me that started it. No vested interest, of course. Bit different from talking about the erection of rail structures.

Oops.... 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 25/05/2022 at 16:37, Physicsman said:

One more sleep before some pic’s! It’s gonna be a long day and night in anticipation 😆

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

One more sleep before some pic’s! It’s gonna be a long day and night in anticipation 😆

"This is the BBC News....."

" we interrupt our normal schedule with the earth-shattering news that, due to leaves and snow on the line at Kirkby Luneside, supplies of DAS, PVA and mod-roc have been unable to reach the far-flung outpost at Gill Head....

We understand that Jeff is in a precipitous state, shedding tears and shaking nerves as he munches on his last packet of digestive biscuits, awaiting re-supply. The BBC has been unable to establish direct contact as the snow has put paid to broadband and landline links.....

Estimates suggest it will be next Wednesday before news and layout updates will be forthcoming....

We will keep you updated with developments. "

Only joking. There'll be a photo of my pet Bunker spider, tomorrow, if nothing else! 🙃

Nowhere near finished, so "que sera".

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Mmm. No Comment.

Mmn. But you just made a comment....

So, is this the 10 or 30 minute argument?....

There'll be something to look at, nothing great, and at least there'll be no gaps in walls or structurally unsound buildings....

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I spent another 6 hours working on the "project" area today and at the end you'd be forgiven for thinking I'd done nothing. All driven by paint and glue drying/setting times.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow evening, whatever point I get to. One thing I won't do is rush anything. I've seen enough cr@p on the Forum recently that is precisely the result of doing 3 week's job in a day. If you like that sort of thing.......

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

BREAKING NEWS

Well the snow ploughs must have got through and replenished the biscuit supplies 😉. Jeff is making photo promises again……  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, Physicsman said:

I spent another 6 hours working on the "project" area today and at the end you'd be forgiven for thinking I'd done nothing. All driven by paint and glue drying/setting times.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow evening, whatever point I get to. One thing I won't do is rush anything. I've seen enough cr@p on the Forum recently that is precisely the result of doing 3 week's job in a day. If you like that sort of thing.......

Of course there are those of us who take (at least) three weeks to do a day’s work………..

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Mmn. But you just made a comment....

So, is this the 10 or 30 minute argument?....

There'll be something to look at, nothing great, and at least there'll be no gaps in walls or structurally unsound buildings....

Sorry but has the argument started?

2 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

Sorry but has the argument started?

And more to the point is it the 10 minute version or the 30 minute one?

Just asking as I've got the washing on and it finishes in 30 minutes so don't want to stay if its not going to be the thirty minute one.

• Funny 1