South Notts Show 2021 - Now on September 4th and 5th.

Les1952

All fliers now given out -a 2-day traipse round much of Cotgrave put about 800 through local doors.  Our traders and others  got about 600 between them (eventually) and 1100 went out to local villages inside free  mags.

The hall plan works!   The second iZettle has arrived and we've erected both screens, which should speed up the admissions desk allowing us to do two card transactions at the same time.

Show guides are in print- smaller this time and done in house to save money- we still have no idea how many are likely to turn up. Costs are well down so if we catch a cold it shouldn't be an enormous one.

Rachel the caterer is getting in extra stocks of bacon - hopefully enough to avoid having to send her dad off to the cash & carry for more halfway through Saturday morning....

Les

• Like 4

Looking forward to this, my second post lockdown show and the ‘back to basics’ approach that both clubs have taken is maybe the thing that’ll reinvigorate shows and where the risk of cancelling is still relatively high, keeping costs low Will hopefully encourage more clubs to stage shows again.

Best of luck with it, I think you might be surprised at the numbers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RANGERS said:

Looking forward to this, my second post lockdown show and the ‘back to basics’ approach that both clubs have taken is maybe the thing that’ll reinvigorate shows and where the risk of cancelling is still relatively high, keeping costs low Will hopefully encourage more clubs to stage shows again.

Best of luck with it, I think you might be surprised at the numbers.

Pleasantly, I hope.

Les

13 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

I noticed that it isn't advertised here

It is, except that the admission prices are actually £1 cheaper than shown.....

my error.

We didn't make Railway Modeller, however- an error at their end.  An apologetic email from Stern Steve Flint doesn't sell much in the way of tickets, alas....

Les

Edited by Les1952
typos...
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, andyram said:

Definitely a nice show with a good range of layouts. Bacon cobs were welcome and delicious. Definitely well looked after as a trader today. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

We do our best-

Could do with a few more punters, though....

748235761_2021show.jpg.5ae2b2129ee09a3db32be0059a29b1a5.jpg

View from the balcony - shows the one-way arrows  A2B Models centre right with back to Starlight Models.  Newton Folly is the biggest layout there.

20210903_194811.jpg.d1faad59e508c25564f73778f168c200.jpg

Winner of the Trevor Webster Trophy ( best layout)  was Gareth Harbottle's Hazleby Ballast loader

20210904_100511.jpg.fe3bdd9be616be41d17c2f6c6fce278c.jpg

Bregenbach im Schwarzwald with Geoff Warren in blue and Gary Taberner in green.  I actually got to play with my own trains for about 20 minutes at one point...

Les

• Like 3

We’ll done Bingham for getting such an entertaining show together, a well laid out show in a good venue. Nice, varied selection of layouts and some bargains to be had from a good selection of traders.

Well worth a trip out if you’re contemplating it today and anyone who still has doubts about indoor spaces in the current climate, this is well laid out with good ventilation, plenty of space between exhibits and a one way system to avoid any crowding in the aisles. Been looking forward to it and wasn’t disappointed, highly recommended.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I know I posted yesterday, but I wanted to just follow up and congratulate @Les1952 on winning the best layout vote. I would also like to congratulate him, the new show manager and all of the team on an excellent show. As I have already alluded to, the show contained a good mix of layouts which I was able to view prior to the show opening each morning. From my stand I got a good view of arrivals and departures on the Boghampton layout and probably appreciated this model much more than I have ever done before. I also was able to see the constant procession of trains on Newton's Folley which was next to me. I was also opposite "Cumanavago" and it was a delight to see so many youngsters enjoying operating the model. 

Food was excellent and the trader's lunch a very nice bonus and also very enjoyable. 

The show was well organised and the safe Covid practices from one way systems, entry and exit points, ventilation and outdoor seating were all well thought out. I cannot fault it.

After a very quiet Saturday I think there were a few worried faces amongst organisers (and traders). Sunday definitely picked up and I am so pleased it reached a break even figure. It deserved to. There was a lovely buzz in the room this afternoon. It is great to be back at a show again. From my point of view as trader, I was concerned after a very poor day of sales on Saturday. I had fairly low expectations for the weekend since this was the first one back. I am pleased to report that it was definitely a show of two halves, Sunday more than made up for Saturday.

Congratulations to all. I look forward to April!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1