Heljan announce OO and O Yorkshire Engine's Class 02

AY Mod

3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Chunky little thing, isn't it?  I reckon Heljan are on to a winner so long as the price is competitve and it runs well.

At pushing £300 for the O Gauge, let’s hope it runs well at least!

N

• RMweb Gold

I'm the first to admit I might well have missed it in the thread, and I find Heljan's  website pretty incomprehensible, but does anyone know how much the 00 DC version of this thing is likely to be?  The information might have been on one of the photographs I can't see...

• 3 months later...
On 22/08/2022 at 12:28, tractionman said:

Good stuff! Lights and provision for sound in a tiny loco – excellent Heljan! In amongst the multiple 25s, 37s, 47s etc., here is something not available RTR before. Whoopee! I suppose the O2s are quietly progressing in the background. 

Edited by No Decorum
Brain melt. I’ve ordered two O2s. O2+O2 does not=O4.

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 14:14, neal said:

Rails suggest £126

N

Hattons had a similar pre-order price.  Just received a message from them, due to a misunderstanding, they can't now honor the pre-order price, it has now gone to £143.65.  That's the same price now currently listed on both Rails and Kernows websites.  So it looks like these will be a bit dearer. 

My pre-order for D2861 states "sold out on pre-order",  even though they are still listed on Hattons website for sale.  We are still approximately 4-6 months out on delivery. 

At this point, Heljan probably know how many units will actually ship...

• RMweb Gold

Yes I had the same experience with Hattons, an invitation to order before 5pm on 15th Sep to lock in prices before they went up. In the event they put the prices up in the morning of 15th and then told me my pre-order (for an Cl108) placed on the 14th, at the old price, was 'due to a misunderstanding' - but they did not reveal which party had made it...

I was intending to order an 02 on the 15th, but discovered the one I wanted was sold out... oh well.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/09/2022 at 23:21, stovepipe said:

Yes I had the same experience with Hattons, an invitation to order before 5pm on 15th Sep to lock in prices before they went up. In the event they put the prices up in the morning of 15th and then told me my pre-order (for an Cl108) placed on the 14th, at the old price, was 'due to a misunderstanding' - but they did not reveal which party had made it...

I was intending to order an 02 on the 15th, but discovered the one I wanted was sold out... oh well.

I canceled all my Heljan pre-orders because of that. i’ll take it merits there on in.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Go on then, I'll ask, how many were in service in BR blue.

A hint, somewhere between nought and zero.

Mike.

Although 02003 has carried blue in preservation, so there is some provenance. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Go on then, I'll ask, how many were in service in BR blue.

A hint, somewhere between nought and zero.

Mike.

So do we know what livery this is in? Are there colour images of it in green with TOPS numbers?

https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=275131&page=21

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

So do we know what livery this is in? Are there colour images of it in green with TOPS numbers?

https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=275131&page=21

Yes, it was green. Photos show it in that colour with the same damage to the bonnet door. 

Roy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

description in your head- 

Not in my head. I'll be passing on this version. Now if they had done the industrialised job with platforms front and rear, I might have been tempted. In the meantime I'll be chopping up a Janus.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Not in my head. I'll be passing on this version. Now if they had done the industrialised job with platforms front and rear, I might have been tempted. In the meantime I'll be chopping up a Janus.

Careful with the axe Eugene!

Mike.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

One of these? https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/162588-rustons-industrial-locomotive-and-wagon-workshop-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5053604