The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

The Budoc Bridge Branch is going today, but if anyone wants any Bachmann Factory Weathered 16T Minerals, I have 3, they are all the same number, but I would rather sell them as a pack if anyone wants any.

IMG_3285.JPG.a184dbe6ba163a7172cc89897b9a1a8c.JPG

• Like 3

• Andrew P changed the title to The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Yard from Page 9.

29th May 2022

Budoc Yard begins with some Planning on a spare bit of 7ft x 1ft .

Lets see where this goes.🙄

The building is only temporary and borrowed from Trewithen.

IMG_8296.JPG.61b021ba7d687aac2ec660e0d2ab9228.JPG

IMG_8297.JPG.2fcb80b2587c5d15a97c760eb13c093f.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG.5c0dba2b5592a72e50a31a3777a6ba82.JPG

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Evening Andy, 

Butoc Yard has the makings of a cheeky little project. 

Rob. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening Andy, 

Butoc Yard has the makings of a cheeky little project. 

Rob. 

Cheers, but its Budoc, not Butoc, even though it has a split in the middle. 😊

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers, but its Budoc, not Butoc, even though it has a split in the middle. 😊

I was going to ask what it's called if you're looking from the front rather than the back but I thought better of it.

• Funny 4

17 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Wot no fiddle yard/stick?

Paul.

Yes there is, its beyond the Depot Building (about 15 inches long) and accessed from the Track that runs behind the Depot towards the Fuel Point and Head Shunt.

1010976067_BUDOCBRIDGETMD.png.4d14d0b45477543a723e5be5b29bced9.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

Both ideas look really great, I think I'd choose the yard but I do like the fiddle yard placing on the TMD though. 

Cheers Steve, The Yard would make a nice relaxing Shunting Puzzle, but I have a Yard on Trewithen.

The Depot Building was quite expensive and is a left over from Bute Road, so my thinking is, if I use it here, the Layout can be sold on with that in place and I can enjoy the build, and then re coupe some of the cost.

I'm still throwing bits of paper in the air with Track Plans on and seeing how they land.🙄

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi , Both great ideas , but just musing on the loco depot, with a double slip off the king point you could come off shed to fuel road no2 and then depart leaving loco in headshunt - which perhaps would be better if a pair of 20s or rats could be accommodated given the frequent paring of the "things".

This would allow A exam servicing on shed road one and long term demics on 2 and 3 shed roads with stabling outside on the apron as view blockers perhaps. 

Robert    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert Shrives said:

Perhaps a home for stone sector Yeoman/Hanson/ ARC/ Mendip rail  sort of operations - would allow a wagon or three in for unbending? or if blue era then the predecessors of stone ops - may be a western or three.

Robert        

He don't like Hydrawlllics, well not the sound they make anyway, so a Western era western layout would have to be post 1976 - Sulzers, Brushes Type 2s, EE Type 3s, Brush Type 4s and maybe a 50 - all with sound.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi , Both great ideas , but just musing on the loco depot, with a double slip off the king point you could come off shed to fuel road no2 and then depart leaving loco in headshunt - which perhaps would be better if a pair of 20s or rats could be accommodated given the frequent paring of the "things".

This would allow A exam servicing on shed road one and long term demics on 2 and 3 shed roads with stabling outside on the apron as view blockers perhaps. 

Robert    

Nice ideas Robert, I do like Rats, but never saw any down this way, I think they were mainly Up Norf on Coal Traffic.

Besides, I'm using the left overs from Bute Road, so would rather not be spending money on Slips etc at the moment.

Thanks for you brilliant and thought provoking ideas anyway. 👍

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Bere Butoc TMD would be an appropriate name, the back scene is so countryfied that the location must be a woodland in the ar$e end of nowhere. 😆

Funnily enough, we are in the Forest of Bere, here in Waterlooville.

The backscene will probably not be part of the finished project, more than likely just Warehouses along the back as I did with West Shed.

444170500_PhotoShoot020-Copy.JPG.3d75478eab00e2785e97f9fc11b48076.JPG

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Perhaps a home for stone sector Yeoman/Hanson/ ARC/ Mendip rail  sort of operations - would allow a wagon or three in for unbending? or if blue era then the predecessors of stone ops - may be a western or three.

Robert        

Sorry Robert, deffo NOT Westerns, and the Headshunt isn't long enough to take a Loco (even and 08) and a Yeoman type Stone Wagon.

Again, nice ideas, but sadly not for me on this project.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

He don't like Hydrawlllics, well not the sound they make anyway, so a Western era western layout would have to be post 1976 - Sulzers, Brushes Type 2s, EE Type 3s, Brush Type 4s and maybe a 50 - all with sound.

That’s a shame!

:-)

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The other standout rural loco shed for me was Buxton  having visited overnight back in the 1970s - albeit  loads of 104 bogcarts running creating a blue haze in the flood lighting.   All gone now it seems and at least two renditions in N gauge I have seen.  I am sure many more others will name and yes the locos in blue era do have regional bias  and going with what you have makes sense given some of the current new models price tags.- he says eyeing up an N gauge 08 in the Kernow flag at over a £100.. - it is basically  "£100 per inch"  pricing.

Robert   

• Agree 1