KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 26power said:

The face of the tension lock coupling doesn’t look to protrude much beyond the face of the buffers?  Perhaps it’s the angle of the picture!

They did look short on the pre production sample but KR did say they are aware of it but now they are in peoples hands we should get reports if it’s an issue or not on our train set curves.

• RMweb Gold
On 15/03/2022 at 08:10, Markwj said:

They did look short on the pre production sample but KR did say they are aware of it but now they are in peoples hands we should get reports if it’s an issue or not on our train set curves.

Packs A, B and C arrived today.

The coupling is body mounted and is the type that extends forwards when it swings - as it were.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/03/2022 at 11:10, rorz101uk said:

Just had an email from RM, is this the company that are sending them out? 

Multi Channel Logistics Ltd? 

Yes >>> another echo

Edited by zr2498
Already answered!

• RMweb Gold
On 15/03/2022 at 08:10, Markwj said:

The face of the tension locks are about 2mm beyond the buffers. The couplings are kinematic type so should not be a problem on pulling. On pushing there is a 1mm clearance when going around 3rd radius curves. Sorry - do not have 2nd radius.

Models are great and packed well. Only issue ( small one) is the hooks in the tension locks are too loose (lateral direction) so coupling up properly (without manual intervention) is pot luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, zr2498 said:

Only issue ( small one) is the hooks in the tension locks are too loose (lateral direction) so coupling up properly (without manual intervention) is pot luck. 

That’s not limited to KR though. I’ve had several models from many suppliers that have loose hooks on the tension locks. 

Hi All 

it is a lovely model and I’m very happy with my purchase. Here is a few pictures and videos 

And the issue with the coupling with some, think of fitting kdeess buckeyes 

89CE6B4F-F923-4E48-9A22-1DB692B7B7D9.jpeg

Edited by rorz101uk
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

Hi All 

it is a lovely model and I’m very happy with my purchase. Here is a few pictures and videos 

And the issue with the coupling with some, think of fitting kdeess buckeyes 

89CE6B4F-F923-4E48-9A22-1DB692B7B7D9.jpeg

They do look nice. The coupling problem might be solved by Kadees but it might be better to use bar couplings, such as supplied by Bachmann. Semi-permanent couplings might be acceptable as it’s a fixed formation train.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a full set of 9 of these on eBay last week at 25% off the RRP so couldn't resist.

I'll admit to being a vocal critic of the early engineering prototypes that KR showed but I'm pleased that they listened to the feedback, especially re the interior of the wagons.

The wagons scale exactly to the Dave Bradwell kit versions that I have.  One or two parts are bit 'chunky' and there are still a number of small inaccuracies on the wagons but I'll admit that you'd have to know the real things very well indeed to spot them.  

I've shown the wagons to some other modellers who know the prototype as well as I do and we are all in agreement that, overall, KR have done a very good job indeed with these so hats off to them.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Mine havent arrived yet

1 hour ago, johndon said:

You're not alone, a friend of mine who ordered his as soon as they were announced is still waiting for his.

Same here.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Received my 9-pack loaded here in Australia today. Very fast delivery, despatched on 26/3/22, delivered 6 days later, first class service! Very pleased with the models, waiting to try them with my Tyne Dock O1.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.