KR Models announce the Consett Iron Ore Wagon

KR Models

My pack of 9 arrived last week - they look the part. 

I never saw the option to order loaded ones, so I’ve got unloaded ones. Would be interested if anyone produces any cast loads or if KR Models offered them as an additional purchase option. 

On 20/03/2022 at 16:16, ColinK said:

Great wagons, but only one of the two packs I ordered was delivered. Hope KR reply to my messages soon.

Same here, one pack arrived this morning.  Did pack 2 ever arrive?  Did you ever get a response from KR Models?

On 31/03/2022 at 15:29, Michael Hodgson said:

Mine havent arrived yet

Arrived just now.  Boxes are pretty flimsy and weren't in any outer protective box, so they were slightly bashed in transit.

However the contents look to be intact, and that's all I really care about, need to check properly though.

• Friendly/supportive 1

My three packs came last week - 9 wagons and 8 loads.  A friend in my MRC bought one pack which arrived a load short too.  No doubt KR will send out replacement loads in due course.  Other than that small niggle, I'm very happy with them and the price is fantastic value for money by current standards.  Roll on a Westinghouse 9F...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 01/04/2022 at 21:10, Bishdurham said:

Same here, one pack arrived this morning.  Did pack 2 ever arrive?  Did you ever get a response from KR Models?

Yes, all sorted, got in touch with KR and the missing pack is on the way.

• Thanks 1

On 03/04/2022 at 01:02, 64F said:

My three packs came last week - 9 wagons and 8 loads.  A friend in my MRC bought one pack which arrived a load short too.  No doubt KR will send out replacement loads in due course.  Other than that small niggle, I'm very happy with them and the price is fantastic value for money by current standards.  Roll on a Westinghouse 9F...

My three packs made it to Oz six days after despatch, excellent service. Same problem with one missing load. Contacted Keith by email, he has responded and a pair of loads is on it's way.

Quick answer and great service!

They go well behind this!

1125821773_DSCN0234(2).JPG.97698f9acdb97a393d7cda46309b04ba.JPG

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Edited by 45568
  • Like 7

On 04/04/2022 at 00:41, 45568 said:

My three packs made it to Oz six days after despatch, excellent service. Same problem with one missing load. Contacted Keith by email, he has responded and a pair of loads is on it's way.

Quick answer and great service!

They go well behind this!

1125821773_DSCN0234(2).JPG.97698f9acdb97a393d7cda46309b04ba.JPG

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Nice loco, just remember they only pulled 8 iron ore wagons as they couldn’t handle 9…

Edited by johndon
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, johndon said:

Nice loco, just remember they only pulled 8 iron ore wagons as they couldn’t handle 9… :) 

Perhaps that's why one of the wagons was missing the load? Clever chap that Keith Revell knowing I was using an O1!

Thank you Johndon, I was aware of the fact from following your inspirational threads on the area.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

It’s a shame that KR didn’t do a single wagon as well for the diesel boys. Wasn’t the load increased to 10 wagons when the Sulzers took over from the 9F’s? 

Edited by Hilux5972
Correction

4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

It’s a shame that KR didn’t do a single wagon as well for the diesel boys. Wasn’t the load increased to 10 wagons when the Sulzers took over from the 9F’s? 

No need for a single wagon.

Originally, the load was 8 wagons when the trains were pulled by the O1s and Q7s and this was increased to 9 when the 9Fs were introduced. It remained the same for the 24s. 

Even if the 24s could have handled more which is doubtful, the train length was restricted by the loading and unloading facilities at Tyne Dock and Consett which could handle a maximum of 9 wagons. 

Edited by johndon
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, johndon said:

No need for a single wagon.

Originally, the load was 8 wagons when the trains were pulled by the O1s and Q7s and this was increased to 9 when the 9Fs were introduced. It remained the same for the 24s. 

Even if the 24s could have handled more which is doubtful, the train length was restricted by the loading and unloading facilities at Tyne Dock and Consett which could handle a maximum of 9 wagons. 

Oh my mistake. I thought it went from 9 to 10 when the 24’s took over. Thanks for the correction.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy to report my Wagons arrived in New Zealand today. Haven’t had a chance to get them out yet so hopefully all loads there. There are stickers on the 3 boxes that say “CHECKED” so should be good. Will report back with some photos. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Happy to report my Wagons arrived in New Zealand today. Haven’t had a chance to get them out yet so hopefully all loads there. There are stickers on the 3 boxes that say “CHECKED” so should be good. Will report back with some photos. 

Maybe "checked" is a livery variant?  ;)

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Maybe "checked" is a livery variant?  ;)

Haha possibly. Opened them up and all loads are there. No buffers missing, no accessories pack missing, no damage. Very pleased. Here’s a quick video behind a 9F. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...