New video - Did Accurascale just announce a HAA?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 158722 said:

Would there be any possibility of one of the manufacturers deciding to bow out now, but not loose out on what preparation they have done so far? Such as using the underframe tooling on something else, such as the HEA/HSA family? The Bachmann one is reasonable model, but must be getting on a bit now and could probably benefit from a new generation model, done to the same spec as both Cavalex and Accurascale have managed with other releases.

can you spot the difference between a Replica, Dapol, Bachmann or Hornby HEA made c2000 (aside of the coupling and the box it comes in).. I understand theres a story there?

I wouldnt be surprised if a HEA is on a few manufacturers lists.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, surfsup said:

Could / would it not be better if one produces the HAA / HMA, The other produces the HBA / HFA? 

I think cavalex have toolings in progress for both types, not sure about Accurascale. It would be quite expensive to ditch one set.

Edited by Railfreight1998

2 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That post does not actually confirm the HAA but an HAA is a possible interpretation.

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We will not formally announce any new project without a sample and we are sticking to that mantra. However, we can confirm that a lot of work has been put into such a project and steel has been cut a number of weeks ago, so we are well past the point of no return. 

As a professional courtesy, we did inform the two retailers commissioning the other model as they are two of our stockists as we felt it was only fair to do so.

Once you proceed into tooling the big money spending has begun and it is beyond the point of no return as they say.

I think the first sentence is why there is not an announcement. The rest pretty much says they are doing it without "announcing" in my opinion.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Sorry to go OT in a thread about Accurascale's progress with various new items .

But I have heard a whisper, from more than one source, that in the case of Bachmann it might well be a considerably shorter period than 3 months.

This is where Bachmann put a new HAA on the shelves in time for Christmas 2020...

Andi

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Well for one I'd be delighted. I've just caught up with the Cavalex announcement, and I'd almost given up on buying second hand Hornby HAAs which are past their sell by date, and in short supply. MGR trains from South Wales thundering through Bristol Parkway on their way to Didcot another essential working for my layout. Pairs of 37s working fly ash to Highbridge for M5 construction too. One such South Wales train was always double headed by two class 47s, needed for the climb from the Severn Tunnel.

At last years Bristol show, and a catch up  with my old friend Phil Bullock, we were discussing how well received a HAA model would be, or to us old fogies HOP ABs in old currency,

neil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

That picture of the Accurascale logo on the HAA I recall seeing before, after Warley last year...

hmmm

that reminds me..I saw the Accurascale name written on the side of 50033 too...

Means nothing.   :smile_mini2:

63382-ConflatL-Ferryhill_15-06-64-ArsescaleD.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

That post does not actually confirm the HAA but an HAA is a possible interpretation.

It's a bit like "Comical Ali" admitting that there are no US tanks in Baghdad...................................... That'll be lost on the younger generation

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It's a bit like "Comical Ali" admitting that there are no US tanks in Baghdad...................................... That'll be lost on the younger generation

barwellbob001.jpeg.af4cc1f62b83b06e51c3030ceec7c34c.jpeg

"Accurascale have no plans to model a Deltic, or any other loco or wagon"

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, surfsup said:

Could / would it not be better if one produces the HAA / HMA, The other produces the HBA / HFA? 

Except the HBA is a completely different wagon with no common components and a different wheelbase to the HFA. The HBA and HEA are variants of the same basic design. HAA, HFA and HMA are all from the same family. The HBA is not. It does get confusing :)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Dagworth said:

barwellbob001.jpeg.af4cc1f62b83b06e51c3030ceec7c34c.jpeg

"Accurascale have no plans to model a Deltic, or any other loco or wagon"

Andi

Ah, that brings back memories of a certain early 00s modelling blog! 

For those who dont facebook, here is the image from Warley last year as discussed above! 

572332800_ImagefromiOS(6).jpg.880a4492f50d819a9e30f9ab0c134743.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1