Bachmann WCRC Mk1 and Mk2’s

TravisM

On 24/04/2021 at 08:50, TomScrut said:

TBH nobody will sell anything until they make them. That's the frustration at the moment. We have WCRC 37s, 33s, black 5s that will work with these but they seem to be in limbo.

Let's hope there's an update next month.

I did find it very interesting that Bachmann even with the coaches they announced they were doing had lots of holes in them, doing a range of mk1 BSK, SO and RMB then a Mk2A SO. No first class coaches, no Support coaches which would have been a real treat and then no such full kitchen vehicle meaning that anyone's rake of WCRC coaches is still very limited :scratchhead:

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are doing them, but why not go for it and have a better selection. I'm obviously not asking them to make a full rake and have all different running numbers and names because if you want that you just buy multiples of the one and do the renumbering yourself. But just seems daft when in theory they will have the tooling as part of other coaches they do but not as one complete unit.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, XChris said:

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are doing them, but why not go for it and have a better selection.

And the thing is these coaches get about too so it's not like there shouldn't be a market. Pretty much any modern layout wanting a steam loco on the front (or one of the many suitable diesels) could legitimately have a rake of them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

And the thing is these coaches get about too so it's not like there shouldn't be a market. Pretty much any modern layout wanting a steam loco on the front (or one of the many suitable diesels) could legitimately have a rake of them.

Indeed they do and whatever WCRC engine is on it (48151, 35018, 45699, 46115, 6201) they use a pool of support coaches. Also if you look at the Mk2F coach releases you will find an example of each type of coach you would need for a rake.

Seems like an oversight...

On 24/04/2021 at 08:50, TomScrut said:

Let's hope there's an update next month.

If you are hoping for a release date, it isn't gong to be announced at the quarterly announcements. The 4 WCRC carriages were announced in 2019, so will be under the old system of Bachmann updating the release date on their website as and when. The Bachmann website has release dates for models due between now and Oct/Nov. The WCRC carriages don't have a release date atm, so won't be released before Nov/Dec.

5 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

If you are hoping for a release date, it isn't gong to be announced at the quarterly announcements. The 4 WCRC carriages were announced in 2019, so will be under the old system of Bachmann updating the release date on their website as and when. The Bachmann website has release dates for models due between now and Oct/Nov. The WCRC carriages don't have a release date atm, so won't be released before Nov/Dec.

Ah right, I thought anything previously announced would potentially be updated at the quarterlies. Thanks for clarifying!

10 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Ah right, I thought anything previously announced would potentially be updated at the quarterlies. Thanks for clarifying!

You can get updates such as livery samples in the BCC Magazine. IIRC the MK2F BSO in Virgin Trains livery was shown in the Winter 2020 edition.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, XChris said:

Indeed they do and whatever WCRC engine is on it (48151, 35018, 45699, 46115, 6201) they use a pool of support coaches. Also if you look at the Mk2F coach releases you will find an example of each type of coach you would need for a rake.

Seems like an oversight...

Unless the specific loco is available (either RTR or easily renumbered), then support coaches are a moot point.

And it's unlikely that one manufacturer will create a support coach for another manufacturers loco. 

Of the 5 you mention above, only 1 of them is in the Bachmann stable.

TBH - the most commonly used WCRC support coach of the Carnforth based locos is 80217 - it isn't too difficult to convert a BSK.

Many of the WCRC coaches also have mods that mark them out as different from "regular" Mk1s - such as sealed up middle doors and footboards removed to match. Some of the Mk1 FKs are now FOs.....

And not forgetting the removal of end steps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

Unless the specific loco is available (either RTR or easily renumbered), then support coaches are a moot point.

And it's unlikely that one manufacturer will create a support coach for another manufacturers loco. 

Of the 5 you mention above, only 1 of them is in the Bachmann stable. 

TBH - the most commonly used WCRC support coach of the Carnforth based locos is 80217 - it isn't too difficult to convert a BSK.

Many of the WCRC coaches also have mods that mark them out as different from "regular" Mk1s - such as sealed up middle doors and footboards removed to match. Some of the Mk1 FKs are now FOs.....

And not forgetting the removal of end steps.

Well of those locos I'm only short of the jubilee, mainly because Bachmann haven't bothered to do the modern ones!

I have a renumbered 35018, a standard release 48151 and another renumbered 46115, along with a standard 6201 Hornby release.  And yes 80217 is often used but I know the others are used lots depending on the reliability of the loco...

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Northmoor MPD said:

West coast railways Mk2 showing as arrived on the Bachmann website so expect it in the shops soon! 

A shame they haven’t announced a WCR 37 or 47 in the new versions yet to pull them. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

A shame they haven’t announced a WCR 37 or 47 in the new versions yet to pull them. 

There's been 37s and 57s at least since these were announced from Bachmann so maybe they see the haulage side as dealt with? Saying that, I do need something to pull my rake of Bachmann and AS ones when they all arrive.

17 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Accurascale 37 🤞😅

I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen given they are doing coaches too.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 03/02/2023 at 21:40, TomScrut said:

There's been 37s and 57s at least since these were announced from Bachmann so maybe they see the haulage side as dealt with? Saying that, I do need something to pull my rake of Bachmann and AS ones when they all arrive.

Yes but not, like I said, in the new 37/47 versions.  

3 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

You could say that about every other livery as well though. 

It depends. I aren't sure they have done a lot of repeating with the new 37 and 47 with the liveries they have done in the past few years. 37669 was only out in about 2019 or 2020 and lasted in the shops a while. I am, however, unsure as to when they last did a 47. They did a 57 about 2 years ago too.

They'll come eventually, I think they might have other priorities in liveries that haven't been done for a while/ever.

I will be surprised if there isn't one in the next Accurascale 37 batch though.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

It depends. I aren't sure they have done a lot of repeating with the new 37 and 47 with the liveries they have done in the past few years. 37669 was only out in about 2019 or 2020 and lasted in the shops a while. I am, however, unsure as to when they last did a 47. They did a 57 about 2 years ago too.

They'll come eventually, I think they might have other priorities in liveries that haven't been done for a while/ever.

I will be surprised if there isn't one in the next Accurascale 37 batch though.

They only ever did 47245 in a 2010ish condition. So a 47 is likely and if they pick the right one it would be an easy re-number! However a WCRC 37 is unlikely to me, although if they did it I think it would be likely we see 37516/518? I also think this one is more likely to be an AS model seen as they are doing refurbished models in the next batch (applying the logic of 37714 being in the next batch).

I think a 57/0 would be nice but since I have a respray of 57006 unless they did 001 then I wouldn’t be interested.