Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold

Hi.

Back in November 2020 it was said 

"We will look to offer variants in our usual kit style, with a mix of etched and cast metal, with 3D print.

Currently planning:

1) Lambton cut down cab.

2) GWR riveted tank conversion."

Is this still the intended plan? For the GWR conversion the main things appear to be safety valve bonnet/cover, front footsteps and rivets on the tanks (are the tanks actually different in shape/size or is it just a change to rivetted construction?) and number plate etc.

Thanks,

Flocky

6 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Oh deary me…

I’m not DCC, so I’m definitely not DCC Sound…

But the video of a sound fitted model running on DC?!

Let’s just say that - for the first time - I am tempted!

Wonder who else feels the same? :laugh_mini:

Steve S

I do as well Steve. Having got some time back a class 25 on sound cheaply, it proved to be a lot of fun on dc, and this looks exquisite. So I might be contacting the guys to upgrade it. 

Paul 

12 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Oh deary me…

Steve S

I have long since been ensorcelled by sound but with DCC. I think the extra control with DCC is well worth having. Usually, with the exception of Dapol, buying sound-fitted locomotives is a little cheaper less expensive than fitting sound afterwards. It is remarkable how sound has improved over the years. It is now a great deal better and more versatile than it used to be and speakers have improved too.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 25/01/2022 at 12:27, James Hilton said:

This is the future! I'm a total DCC sound convert!

Welcome to the future.  :D All of Paul's projects have the same features and are my go to for DCC sound projects. Be warned though; it's addictive. I no longer run anything without sound.

On 31/01/2022 at 00:41, SteveyDee68 said:

Oh deary me…

Steve S

Go DCC. If you're going to spend the money on a DCC sound loco you may as well get the best out of it. Because Zimo sound decoders can run on DC I have tried some of my DCC sound locos on my other layout, that was DC, before it also went DCC, and the level of control wasn't very good. Even if you don't fit all of your existing locos with sound you  can fit ordinary decoders and will get better control than on DC. There are also the benefits of Stay Alives to be considered.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/01/2022 at 18:58, flockandroll said:

Currently planning:

1) Lambton cut down cab.

2) GWR riveted tank conversion."

Is this still the intended plan?

This is still the plan, however we're reluctant to hack up our sample models while they're still needed for assessment and PR purposes so we'll probably tackle the conversion kits once we have the production run on hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, cornelius said:

This is still the plan, however we're reluctant to hack up our sample models while they're still needed for assessment and PR purposes so we'll probably tackle the conversion kits once we have the production run on hand.

I already have a black version on order to use as a colliery shunter but I would love to get a model of 666 or 667 with the shirtbutton on it, I am modelling a fictitious line in Mid Wales and a GWR version would be perfect.   

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Is this still on track for summer 2022 ?

The latest from the factory is that production is underway. We're hoping to keep to the current schedule, obviously the Covid situation in China has been a bit fluid over recent weeks so if there do need to be any changes we will provide an update.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 07/05/2022 at 19:55, cornelius said:

The latest from the factory is that production is underway. We're hoping to keep to the current schedule, obviously the Covid situation in China has been a bit fluid over recent weeks so if there do need to be any changes we will provide an update.

It’s been very quiet and the assumption is that matters have been proceeding. All the same, it’s good to have an update, especially when the website still quotes “Autumn 2021”.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Bit confused here, the weight was 240 grams in the EP video and now it’s 280 grams in the newsletter? Not that it matters looks like a cracking model either way.

Sorry that was a typo on my part - the lower figure is correct.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Since the last time we sent an update on our Kerr, Stuart "Victory" in 00 gauge, our factory has been busy producing all the parts that will go into the models. Really this is a two (or three) stage process - parts are made en masse to create a kit of parts in die-cast metal and injection moulded plastic, the paint and liveries are applied to the individual parts, and then the models are batch assembled and tested ready for shipment.

In the UK we've also created the box artwork and data sheet that will give the Victory's packaging its distinctive Planet Industrials branding (Stephen secretly thinks this is the most exciting part).

Now that production is moving into the assembly phase we have some photos to share from the factory - take a look if you want to play "guess the component".

The Victory is still available to pre-order at Light Railway Stores and Rails of Sheffield. Delivery expected during the summer!

https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/victory-variants

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/planet-industrials

2ccffaa1-797c-369a-d96d-5d11754bb960.jpg

2dc24fb5-885a-a738-d5f4-8e8b798bbd8c.jpg

4ce89bf5-ed30-90eb-38fc-eca6e5d87f87.jpg

9bcd5fbf-47c8-5fd1-b441-6271f15433da.jpg

280358355_507801041043878_7296019226128674072_n.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2022 at 12:41, cornelius said:

The specification is for the buffers to be blackened - this is not applied on the decorated sample as it's not practical to set up the process for a handful of components.

Meanwhile here are some cab/tank assemblies for the grey IW&D livery having their lining applied.

image4.jpeg

Thank you for posting the pictures. It’s grand to see these progressing.

On 09/07/2022 at 12:41, cornelius said:

The specification is for the buffers to be blackened - this is not applied on the decorated sample as it's not practical to set up the process for a handful of components.

Meanwhile here are some cab/tank assemblies for the grey IW&D livery having their lining applied.

image4.jpeg

These look fantastic although I must admit I was swayed by the Maroon version, I think the red rods on the black wheels look amazing.

Any idea on when these will be at our doors, I would assume that summer 22 is still on?

• Like 1

I’ve given in and pre-ordered a lined grey version 🙈

It’s going to look great running on my “black & white” wagon repair depot layout! 

Looking forward to this one chaps 😁👍

2700B05E-9E44-41B4-8E5E-69542DA1A566.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they cannot be too far off now. I received my invoice for the two I have on order. Paid if full. Looking forward to these arriving and then comes the fun of working out how to convert them to P4.

Craig W 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1