Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, ovbulleid said:

Is it known if EKR no.4 was ever put in southern livery? Or did it just get grimier until the day it was scrapped? Tempted by the works livery at the moment.

Our understanding was that it went from EKR ownership into BR stock in 1948 and was assigned a number, but never carried it before it was scrapped in 1949.

• Agree 2

As a point of interest for P4 modellers, would you be able to supply body (and cylinders) only?  I don't doubt that your chassis will be excellent but if conversion isn't easy this would be a good alternative.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5050 said:

As a point of interest for P4 modellers, would you be able to supply body (and cylinders) only?  I don't doubt that your chassis will be excellent but if conversion isn't easy this would be a good alternative.

Thanks, I notice this is quite often asked of manufacturers. I’m sure that could be arranged, but I’m afraid the price would be the same as a complete model, as it would be stripped down by Steve and I in the UK. I’m sure there will be people interested in second hand chassis for their own projects so you’d be probably be better off selling it on eBay or the RMWeb marketplace after you’ve removed it yourself.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Thank you to the more than 400 people who completed our Victory livery survey (and a special shout to the 0.2% of responders who said they wouldn't buy one but still chose liveries!). We've drawn a prize winner from among the entries, so congratulations to James Morley - look out for a gift card in your email!

Now, on to what you're waiting for! The liveries that will be available to order are:

fe20b219-9d41-406b-9b2e-506f75de5887.png

9d54951d-bd71-4396-8283-922972792ed2.png

836f74d2-6189-48fd-a88c-b43035bd4892.png

2696834c-ea15-463a-a612-84c7c0a5e44d.png

We'll be opening pre-orders from the 1st January 2021 through the new Light Railway Stores online marketplace. The full prices are expected to be as follows:

DC / DCC ready        £130
DCC fitted            £175
DCC sound fitted      £230

To pre-order you'll have three choices:

• Pre-order and pay in full for the best price - £115 with free UK delivery for a DC loco, £160 for DCC and £215 for DCC sound
  • Pre-order and pay a £30 deposit, you'll pay the remainder of the discounted price plus shipping when the models arrive (so £30, then for a DC model £85 plus shipping).
  • Pre-order with no deposit and pay the full price plus shipping once the models arrive. Please be aware that the full price may be subject to change if there are any significant currency movements during 2021.

The pre-order scheme will be open until we receive decorated sample models and sign off the production run so you will have time to make your mind up, but remember that you can only secure the discounted price with a pre-order.

---

If you're interest in more detail on the survey results, read on...

Around 80% of respondents said they would prefer a DC / DCC ready loco, with the remainder split equally between DCC fitted and DCC sound fitted. We're not sure if this is a true reflection of the DCC market or an indication that modellers prefer to fit their own DCC chips, but it turned out to be a very useful question to ask for our planning.

8c6fa80f-5cbc-40d7-9f79-98abf7ab7a8f.png

From the colour choices on offer we were interested to discover that a majority of respondents preferred the idea of plainer liveries, which would allow a loco to fit in with a freelance industrial scheme and yet still give the option of fitting nameplates or applying transfers to more closely model a prototype.

For black, it was virtually a dead heat between lined and unlined, which led us to a final choice of a plain unlined black livery. As well as industrial applications this would act as a good base colour for repainting, and also detailing into British Railways livery.

For the green and red options it was a clear choice for simple lined liveries so we will be offering lined green and lined maroon. We will be including etched nameplates and number plates with the loco to suit these liveries, and will likely offer optional transfer packs for other prototype choices.

The grey options were closer to call, lined but unlettered was a strong contender but we felt it was important to offer one fully decorated prototype livery and so we have chosen grey lined IW&D 12 as the final variant.

Of the other suggestions we received, blue was a clear leader along with a good number of requests for GWR and NCB liveries so these would be front-runners for a second production run.

eb1cacf9-829a-4d26-8116-af412a12a4a3.png

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, cornelius said:

We'll be opening pre-orders from the 1st January 2021 through the new Light Railway Stores online

Now two maroon or one maroon and one green? Decisions decisions . . . ;) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

the only question is whether to go full DCC sound or not.

Good choice on colours...

The speakers are built in so you could add sound easily later, the sound file we are using is licensed from Minerva though, developed specifically for the Victory and is a real delight.

• Informative/Useful 2

• James Hilton changed the title to Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO - PRE ORDERS OPEN...
  • RMweb Premium

Happy new year, Planet Industrials fans! Pre-orders for the Kerr, Stuart Victory are now open!

As a reminder, you can secure a discounted price with a £30 deposit (or pay in full) or reserve a model for free and pay the full price on delivery. Links are below to each livery version on the new-look Light Railway Stores online marketplace:

Pre-order in black at Light Railway Stores

Pre-order in lined grey at Light Railway Stores

Pre-order in lined green at Light Railway Stores

Pre-order in lined maroon at Light Railway Stores

• Like 5

Well, my resolve not to buy any more locos has lasted 13 hours into 2021, having pre-ordered and paid the deposit upon a plain black version! Genuinely excited to get one of these in due course!

Problem is, I also really like the lined maroon version!

And the other problem is, I absolutely love the blue livery that might happen as a second batch!

Nyangarrrrrr!!*

2021 ALREADY GOT BETTER!

* Approximate sound of my frustration/indecision!

• Funny 1

I ended up deciding on the maroon one for my collection and will finish it as Francis I think... but it is a dilemma, personally the IW&D livery will be incredibly tempting I think when we see livery samples later in the year! I don’t need one of each!

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, cornelius said:

secure a discounted price with a £30 deposit (or pay in full)

A decent incentive and, for me, better than leaving money in the bank. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Pre-Order placed for maroon version for Inchyra Mill.

Aw! Now I really, really want a maroon one (to go with my Hattons [purchased-at-original-price-not-reduced-because-they-have-so-much-excess-stock] Andrew Barclay "Katie")

The Eleventh Commandment:

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOUR'S "VICTORY"!

• Like 1

Dear Santa

I have been ever so good last year, following all the lockdown rules, trying to keep the model railway industry afloat by buying far too much stuff (but it was all in a good cause honest gov'ner), so do you think you could see to it that the lovely chaps at Planet Industrials would let me pre-order and put down a deposit for a "Victory" in blue?!

I promise to be good for the rest of 2021, and only buy modelling stuff I really, really want need.

Best wishes to you, Mrs Clause, the reindeer and all the (railway) workshop elves

Steve (aged 52.3 years)

PS

I hope you were near the front of the queue for your Covid vaccine - I mean, not being funny or anything, but your age alone makes you high priority, even ignoring the obesity from eating too many mince pies and possible liver damage from all that booze you down on the annual Christmas Eve bender!

PPS

I think I've just blown it!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

see to it that the lovely chaps at Planet Industrials would let me pre-order and put down a deposit for a "Victory" in blue?!

Very good Steve!

I’d suggest getting a lovely green one this year and the blue may follow depending on how quickly we sell through this batch and priorities for a follow up model vs a second batch... I’d hate you to miss out!

• Funny 1

On 23/12/2020 at 16:50, cornelius said:

Thank you to the more than 400 people who completed our Victory livery survey (and a special shout to the 0.2% of responders who said they wouldn't buy one but still chose liveries!). We've drawn a prize winner from among the entries, so congratulations to James Morley - look out for a gift card in your email!

Now, on to what you're waiting for! The liveries that will be available to order are:

We'll be opening pre-orders from the 1st January 2021 through the new Light Railway Stores online marketplace. The full prices are expected to be as follows:

DC / DCC ready        £130
DCC fitted            £175
DCC sound fitted      £230

To pre-order you'll have three choices:

• Pre-order and pay in full for the best price - £115 with free UK delivery for a DC loco, £160 for DCC and £215 for DCC sound
  • Pre-order and pay a £30 deposit, you'll pay the remainder of the discounted price plus shipping when the models arrive (so £30, then for a DC model £85 plus shipping).
  • Pre-order with no deposit and pay the full price plus shipping once the models arrive. Please be aware that the full price may be subject to change if there are any significant currency movements during 2021.

The pre-order scheme will be open until we receive decorated sample models and sign off the production run so you will have time to make your mind up, but remember that you can only secure the discounted price with a pre-order.

---

If you're interest in more detail on the survey results, read on...

Around 80% of respondents said they would prefer a DC / DCC ready loco, with the remainder split equally between DCC fitted and DCC sound fitted. We're not sure if this is a true reflection of the DCC market or an indication that modellers prefer to fit their own DCC chips, but it turned out to be a very useful question to ask for our planning.

8c6fa80f-5cbc-40d7-9f79-98abf7ab7a8f.png

From the colour choices on offer we were interested to discover that a majority of respondents preferred the idea of plainer liveries, which would allow a loco to fit in with a freelance industrial scheme and yet still give the option of fitting nameplates or applying transfers to more closely model a prototype.

For black, it was virtually a dead heat between lined and unlined, which led us to a final choice of a plain unlined black livery. As well as industrial applications this would act as a good base colour for repainting, and also detailing into British Railways livery.

For the green and red options it was a clear choice for simple lined liveries so we will be offering lined green and lined maroon. We will be including etched nameplates and number plates with the loco to suit these liveries, and will likely offer optional transfer packs for other prototype choices.

The grey options were closer to call, lined but unlettered was a strong contender but we felt it was important to offer one fully decorated prototype livery and so we have chosen grey lined IW&D 12 as the final variant.

Of the other suggestions we received, blue was a clear leader along with a good number of requests for GWR and NCB liveries so these would be front-runners for a second production run.

eb1cacf9-829a-4d26-8116-af412a12a4a3.png

Hi,

Very good incentives. What about people outside the UK? Is it best to stick to the £30 deposite version or can we get reduced postage if we pay fully now?

Rgds John

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Hi,

Very good incentives. What about people outside the UK? Is it best to stick to the £30 deposite version or can we get reduced postage if we pay fully now?

Rgds John

Hi John,

We'll need to add on international postage for both deposit and full advance payment orders, I can work out a quote if you want to drop me a PM or email info@lightrailwaystores.co.uk. 

We can of course combine postage costs for better value if you order more than one....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One lined maroon one with sound duly ordered and paid for while the bank account is Covid-healthy....

Now to sit back and forget about it.  I pre-ordered a Rails SECR Terrier from Dapol which I'd forgotten all about and got very confused when the invoice arrived the day after I'd paid for something else from Dapol.  Easier to pre-pay if I can and use the credit card to keep the payment safe.

Les

• Like 1

I just pre ordered a black and a green version. The first time ever that I have preordered an RTR model (!).

As these are both being purchased with a view to P4 conversion, I have opted for the basic DC/DCC ready versions.

Regards,

Craig W

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 01/01/2021 at 17:03, James Hilton said:

Very good Steve!

I’d suggest getting a lovely green one this year and the blue may follow depending on how quickly we sell through this batch and priorities for a follow up model vs a second batch... I’d hate you to miss out!

As a cover supply teacher, my income through 2020 has been... well... virtually non-existent! Applied for various jobs outside of teaching and got absolutely nowhere (perhaps because my CV looked "over qualified" for any of the 'pandemic essential' jobs I applied for, or perhaps because it was thought there was going to be a huge call for supply staff to cover for ill/absent teaching staff - there hasn't been, by the way, because schools have chosen to protect their "bubbles" and restrict the number of new people coming into contact with their pupils, teaching and support staff)

So, sadly, I cannot justify buying two locos as much as I would also like to order a maroon one!

In fact, I have no justification in buying one at all.

Except that (a) it is a type/model I would dearly like to add to my "dock shunters" collection (b) I like to support small suppliers where I can (c) I can pay a deposit now and hopefully finances will be healthier by the time the model is actually available!

Like Craigw above, this is also the first time I have pre-ordered a loco! (I may - may - scrape together the pennies to do the same for the Hattons class 02 shunter... I have a "thing" for dock shunters!!)

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3