Hunslet 16" 0-6-0 Saddle Tank - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

It is nearly time for the orderbook to close!

Our recently received 2nd sample (well chassis sample) has arrived, been assessed and painted. 

The new wheels look so much better with revised tyre thickness and adjusted counter weights.

The orderbook closes on Tuesday 1st March - don't delay and order yours today. Production will start almost immediately for a planned delivery late summer.

Happy modelling!

972292157_HunsletFront2.jpg.a59735f2369a93cbecc51f475c138da8.jpg

Hunslet-Side.jpg.51593e39f6183a92e3409c5aa54f6b97.jpg

1801740132_Hunslet-Back.jpg.fe453818eabfe091d2c8a99bf2fc2a78.jpg

1741189960_HunsletFront.jpg.dab2b89870a83f215a5cf24446cc3547.jpg

• Like 9

It does look much better with the revised wheels. How much space is there under that saddle tank to get in a decoder, a 15x11x5mm speaker and a Stay Alive? I know there's a factory-fit option but has the make of decoder been mentioned at all?

Edited by Ruston

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

If you sign up to rapidos newsletters you would have had this in your inbox today from rapido

Thanks for the heads up. I’m on the mailing list for the newsletter but hadn’t received it. A quick check in the junk folder and I’ve now found it

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, AndrewB7585 said:

Rails of Sheffield have sent an email out with an update on several Rapido projects. Included in it was this section on the Hunslet. I’m looking forward to Beatrice hopefully arriving this autumn 

D5CB47CA-161A-4670-ACFB-518C27E70735.jpeg.b24039767b6e44452c7a5786fd1fa950.jpeg

I wonder which of those is heading here to Loftshire? Very exciting!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 23:39, CUCKOO LINE said:

If you sign up to rapidos newsletters you would have had this in your inbox today from rapido

I feel like this doesn't work for me. I sign up to their newsletters & all I ever get is stuff regarding US products (I sign up from their UK site) & if I search the UK site for newsletters it doesn't contain archived copies of them.

On 17/07/2022 at 14:14, Jezzarick said:

I feel like this doesn't work for me. I sign up to their newsletters & all I ever get is stuff regarding US products (I sign up from their UK site) & if I search the UK site for newsletters it doesn't contain archived copies of them.

Here's a link to the newsletter archive, at the top there's also a link to sign up to it. Hope that helps. 

https://rapidotrains.co.uk/rapido-news-uk/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

I have the blue NCB loco on pre-order and am considering a black version as well,  but unsure of the physical size of the model.  Would it equate to say a J94 austerity or a B2 Peckett please?

109.5mm over buffers

97.5mm over headstocks

44mm (approx) wheelbase

48mm from railhead to chimney top

5 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

I have the blue NCB loco on pre-order and am considering a black version as well,  but unsure of the physical size of the model.  Would it equate to say a J94 austerity or a B2 Peckett please?

In between the two, both in size and in power.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Pretty much halfway between.

Austerity J94: 30' 4"

Hunslet 16": 27' 4.5"

Peckett B2: 24' 3"

(From a cursory Googling. May be comparing different things, variables etc, but it'll still be somewhere between the two)

Edited by Dragonfly

16 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

This youtube video should give you a flavour of Holly Bank No 3 at work on the Chasewater "colliery line".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYlWw-abzE

The loco initially propels some wagons of the shed and up the shunt neck, which include a VDA a 16tonner and an iron ore tippler. The loco then works passenger trains formed of class 116 and class 117 trailers and a Mk1 BFK

• Like 1