WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

I'm tempted, sorely tempted, really tempted etc. etc......................................

How will it be for conversion to P4 and EM?  Plenty of room between the valve gear and crossheads for instance?  1/8" axles?  Drop out wheelsets?

• Like 1

Price? Prices for DCC Ready models are £129.95 each and DCC Sound models is £229.95 each.

When you think of it thats cheaper than a K's kit goes for, when you add in the cost of decent wheels and motor,by a long way

• Agree 1

I know this may be controversial, but would a fictitious 'British Railways' in GWR green be a feasible addition to line up? 

I know none of the class ever wore this, neither has 1501. I would prefer a 'GWR' version, but then a new moulding would be needed for the lack of a BR smokebox plate on the door.

These will be a great addition to GWR/WR rtr line up and I hope everything goes well with your UK launch! 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 minutes ago, Graham456 said:

Price? Prices for DCC Ready models are £129.95 each and DCC Sound models is £229.95 each.

When you think of it thats cheaper than a K's kit goes for, when you add in the cost of decent wheels and motor,by a long way

Only if you buy from eBay or similar.

The Nucast kit is £97.50 brand new. Gibson wheels about £6 per axle. Plus motor of choice. Guess how I know....

Maybe ask Branchline/SE Finecast if they'll sell the chassis separately for those not wanting a coreless motor or gears, but wanting to keep the Rapido body.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I really don't need one of these, so there's nothing in this announcement for me.

On the other hand, I do now want one, so there is definitely something in this announcement for me.

A hulking big brute of a pannier it may be, there will be a place for one in the Kernow Towers First Class Pannier Lounge.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Only if you buy from eBay or similar.

The Nucast kit is £97.50 brand new. Gibson wheels about £6 per axle. Plus motor of choice.

Maybe ask Branchline/SE Finecast if they'll sell the chassis separately for those not wanting a coreless motor or gears, but wanting to keep the Rapido body.

Jason

You can't please all the people..... On the one hand some folk complain that the hobby is too expensive. On the other, you get folk  contemplating spending £130 to get a  a die-cast loco body.! (CJL)

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

there will be a place for one in the Kernow Towers First Class Pannier Lounge.

That lounge is getting rather full Tim but you must have one with that gesticulating valve gear.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

That lounge is getting rather full Tim but you must have one with that gesticulating valve gear.

The Kernow Towers First Class Pannier Lounge is an exclusive place, Robin, but I think that I might just put this bruiser on the door, to keep undesirable LNER types out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

On the other hand, I do now want one, so there is definitely something in this announcement for me.

Hang on! The rumour was you were doing the Italian Job yesterday - lack of focus dear chap. ;)

• Funny 6

10 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

You can't please all the people..... On the one hand some folk complain that the hobby is too expensive. On the other, you get folk  contemplating spending £130 to get a  a die-cast loco body.! (CJL)

I've already got a Nucast version. But I'll possibly get one of these. The lined black version is tempting.

It was just that I noticed in the other Hunslet thread the "coreless" and "EM/P4" questions were already being asked.

An etched chassis is an alternative if people really want to keep the body. People have been replacing RTR chassis for years.

Even the brand new Dapol Mogul is getting one. As is the Hornby Prairie.

http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/blog.htm#20-11-17

Jason

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rapido on this welcome announcement!

The loco has been in  The Top 50 of The 00 Wishlist Poll since 2015.

In 2019 (the last poll), it finished up well within The Top 10 and was the second most wanted GWR loco (behind the Manor).

We wish the company every success with the project! And every success to Richard Foster in his new post.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2