Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Now i know who you are!

I spent much time experiementing with colour pigments to add to the resin to get what I would call "Quaffable Colour".

Man if I spent as much time in CAD as making silly QC references, I might actually get something done :D

Time for bed....

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, RBAGE said:

More variables.

I found this in a hotel in Scotland last year...  Chilli Chocolate Vodka Martini.  Probably not suitable for sheds..!

IMG_1493.jpg.9650348b2dd8c60c2bf1f9e38a61aa87.jpg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

13 minutes ago, NFWEM57 said:

I found this in a hotel in Scotland last year...  Chilli Chocolate Vodka Martini.  Probably not suitable for sheds..!

IMG_1493.jpg.9650348b2dd8c60c2bf1f9e38a61aa87.jpg

Don't rule it out.

Keep this for consideration, just in case we end up with a topic for drinking on the job. It may be the subject of future scientific investigation, so that we can get to the bottom of this phenomenon. 

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

I spent much time experiementing with colour pigments to add to the resin to get what I would call "Quaffable Colour".

Man if I spent as much time in CAD as making silly QC references, I might actually get something done :D

Time for bed....

Good night Jim Bob!......(any one under 50 Google waltons!) Any one over 50 good night! It's past your bed time!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

Don't rule it out.

Keep this for consideration, just in case we end up with a topic for drinking on the job. It may be the subject of future scientific investigation, so that we can get to the bottom of this phenomenon. 

Drinking on the job....sounds like a railway thing in the 70s and 80s!....oh 60s 50s.....at least on return trip second man got some driving in ....guaranteed! 

• Funny 3

Hi.
Sorry to drag the topic away from posh alcoholic drinks and back to finescale trackwork. 
just tried to order a couple of OO point kits and got a message saying out of stock due to waiting for a delivery of bullhead rail. Any rough idea of when the kits will be available to order again? 
kind regards. 
Bill. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, billywhizz said:

Hi.
Sorry to drag the topic away from posh alcoholic drinks and back to finescale trackwork. 
just tried to order a couple of OO point kits and got a message saying out of stock due to waiting for a delivery of bullhead rail. Any rough idea of when the kits will be available to order again? 
kind regards. 
Bill. 

Hic....pardon me!

• Funny 3

17 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Hi.
kind regards. 
Bill. 

Hi Bill,

They'll be back in stock mid next week :)

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Bill,

They'll be back in stock mid next week :)

Hi Wayne. 
thanks for the update. I was hoping to have a go at building these at a club workshop day on Saturday but hey ho. 
I’ll keep an eye on the website next week. 
Kind regards. 
Bill. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/05/2022 at 15:55, billywhizz said:

building these at a club workshop day

You would have needed half a dozen or more to fill a day..! 😀

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

I’ll take that as a positive that they are an easy build!! 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

One an hour, with time for a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Cake....cake? ....ohhhh what type?

Is there a need for this topic to spawn another? 

Railway modellers favourite????

Lemon Drizzle.

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Is there a need for this topic to spawn another? 

Railway modellers favourite????

Lemon Drizzle.

I would have to go for a circular cake…… Now would it be a 1 in 5 slice or a 1 in 7 slice….."

Getting back to the subject. Yes even a ham fisted modeller can complete one of these in under an hour as I have managed to do. Wayne when are the A5 coming out.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Having finally finished the Hornby HST conversion and load tested today, separate thread under modifying and detailing RTR stock, my next project is to replace the 3 EM turnouts (1 x BF and 2 EMGS) on my test track with a double slip, diamond crossing and 3 B7 turnouts, all BF.  Need this to really test my upcoming steam conversions.   I'll be uploading some videos of the completed test track and a few diesels running through then it will be onto steam conversions.

Wayne must be flat out.  Hats off to him.

Patrick

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...