Legomanbiffo Movies

charliepetty

It was suggested the other day while speaking to a customer that our little movies give some background the the Sound fit & speakers etc.  So here we go:

Fitted with an ESU 6Pin Micro and two of the Sugarcube speakers that come with all ESU Decoders, yes these are the ones that everybody throws in the bin!! If sealed correctly they are fine for locos like this, also fitted with our 26X15X5mm deep Supercap stayalive in the cab.     ENJOY.

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Been a busy month with Simon at Proper Sounds completing a pair of Class 14s for a new customer, we have used a ESU Micro decoder with our Legomanbiffo new sound file and the Sugarcube speaker kit supplied with all ESU decoders.  This model is tight for space but these speaker kits are effective and adaptable thus fitting easily into most small loco's.  Just in case we have fitted our new SuperCap Stayalives.  Preprogramed to the customers required address before despatch.

Your thought please.  Simon & Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Been a busy month with Simon at Proper Sounds completing a pair of Class 14s for a new customer, we have used a ESU Micro decoder with our Legomanbiffo new sound file and the Sugarcube speaker kit supplied with all ESU decoders.  This model is tight for space but these speaker kits are effective and adaptable thus fitting easily into most small loco's.  Just in case we have fitted our new SuperCap Stayalives.  Preprogramed to the customers required address before despatch.

Your thought please.  Simon & Charlie

I may have a slight bias as that is my model of D9537 but that is the absolute Dog's You-Know-Whats!

As a DCC sound modeller and a great lover of the Teddy Bears, I've always wanted fit my model with sound but as said, the space comes at a premium and this was one install I really didn't want to tackle!

After hearing the good word and seeing the work done by Simon via his FB page and YouTube channel, I asked for a quote for the work and as they say, the rest is history!

Really made my evening when Simon pinged through the video to me last night! A nice bit of Paxman thrash to end the day!

As is evident in the video, Simon has done a fantastic job and I can't wait to get it back on the home layout :D 

5 hours ago, TheEastSuffolkman said:

I may have a slight bias as that is my model of D9537 but that is the absolute Dog's You-Know-Whats!

As a DCC sound modeller and a great lover of the Teddy Bears, I've always wanted fit my model with sound but as said, the space comes at a premium and this was one install I really didn't want to tackle!

After hearing the good word and seeing the work done by Simon via his FB page and YouTube channel, I asked for a quote for the work and as they say, the rest is history!

Really made my evening when Simon pinged through the video to me last night! A nice bit of Paxman thrash to end the day!

As is evident in the video, Simon has done a fantastic job and I can't wait to get it back on the home layout :D 

Thank you, he is doing two, Yours and another guys.     Thanks Charlie

• Like 1

Another happy customer it would seem!!

EM2 Speaker & Chassie Modification, Cab Lights fitted and Legomanbiffo Sounds all completed to a high standard by Simon at Proper Sounds.    Think it came out well in this old Bachmann loco:

Not sure why but Class 58's seem to be popular at the moment, today a lad asked if he could hear one before he bought it, as his current model with Olivia's sounds he said is 'not the best' He only wants a V5 reblow for £22.50  sent via e.mail if he likes it.  Lets hope he does.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

Yes as Richard says,  a Lokprogrammer is required see:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_84&product_id=476

This will include your first online reblow 'Free'.   

This is fairly straight forward to use, just set this up od your PC via the ESU Online download or use the Disc supplied. It dead easy for reblows, just a yard of track wired to the programmer, then pop your loco on the track and read the serial number of the decoder in the loco, send us the serial number and we will return a File for you to download onto your loco.

I find lots of people thinks the sound in their locos are too quiet and buying new speakers is the only alternative, thats good if your selling speakers I suppose, but first check that the speakers in your loco have a sealed back on them, as if this seal is airtight, the speaker performance is transformed, and all for very little effort.

Edited by charliepetty
  • Agree 1

This is relating to a conversation I had yesterday to a guy who wanted a Sound Decoder for Hornby Class 71 model, as you may or may not know the Hornby 71 has been designed be Aliens from Mars, who don't use DCC Sound !!!  IE: Its a difficult job getting good sound from the Hornby model.

Luckly for him I just have in stock some DJ Models BR Green Class 71 locos, thus he ended up getting one of them + Sound decoder & 2 X Small Bass speakers to fit in the large area provided, which is the same design as most current Dapol Locos (22 / 29 / 52 / 73). 

I have dug out a sound file demonstration what a Standard 22 X 52 Bass Reflex sound like in the DJ Models far superior model.

PPs Don't complain all the 3rd Rail has been knicked !!!!!    Enjoy

Edited by charliepetty

If you like Hydraulics then the EFE Rail / Heljan model has always been popular, this features added Cablights (Sunglasses Required)  As on this dull day outside they seem very bright, but in reality in normal light the looked ok. Again fitted with 2 x ESU sugarcube speakers in a large airtight enclosure behind the drivers cab bulkhead wall, both wired in Parallel. (4 Ohm's)

Abviously on a V5 decoder with our current sound file, active braking. All by Proper Sounds.

This new project is supplied with an extensive range of sound functions:

F0 Lights (New Fade on/Fade off feature)  F1 Sound on / off.  F2 Playable high horn.

F3 Playable low horn.  F4 Buffer clash (when moving ) / Coupling hook (when stationary).

F5 Playable brake application (when moving) / Brake dump (when stationary).

F6 Driver's door slam.  F7 Compressor.  F8 Drive Hold (DriveLock).  F9 Auto flange squeal.

F10 Despatch whistle.  F12 Roof fan.    F13 Sanders.    F14 Two Speed Vacuum Exhauster. 

F15 Spirax Valves.   F17 Pre-heater.   F18 Detonators (Speed-dependant three bang stop).

F19 Aux 1 (for cab lights ).

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Looking back at the Archive, I have dug out one of my favorite locos, never fast, never exciting, just workaday locos doing freight and engineering trains on most weekends in and around the North West.  Remember the Manchester Victoria to Llandudno summer Saturday holiday trains with eleven Mk 1 coaches.  Just Brilliant.  The model is a Bachmann model fitted with a Legomanbiffo Class 40 ESU Decoder and milled by Steve Brammer for the superb EM2 Speaker.    Enjoy the Beach !!!

After months of hard work, last year we (DCKits, ESU Germany,Legomanbiffo & Wheeltappers) were commisioned my two Manafactures to create sounds for their models, one was the KR Models for GT3 and the other is Rails for their 18100. Both using unique recordings of differing gas turbine powered trains. I will come back later with information on Speaker options etc.

So as they say in the 1960's.  'Its a Gas, Man'  

Enjoy the unique preview of what we do!!!  We don't just sell them!!!  Charlie

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The opening shots are of a Ex Works loco on test, followed by our work weary and battered 'Teddy Bear'on her last days in service, on unfitted trains these locos struggled to stop, thus bent bufferbeams.  Mainly unloved or liked outside of the Western Region. 

Model fitted with our SuperCap Stayalive and ESU V5 Decoder+ 2 X Sugarcube Speakers.

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

No movies today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But just to Inform the N Gauge Modellers out there:

Kato Class 800:

The N Gauge Decoder Package is now available @ £145.00, comprising of:

1 x ESU Plug in Decoder

1 X ESU Sugarcube Speaker Kit

2 X Kato Lighting Decoders

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=221_251_229&product_id=2017

We will be taking some Sound Fitted Units to TINGS (The N Gauge Show) in 6 Weeks time at Leamington Spa, Warwickshire and currently have 8 GWR & 7 LNER available.

Deposits taken for collection there. @ £295.00 Each. 

PM Me for Info and a £30.00 Deposit for collection on:  charlie@dckits.co.uk 

Class 800 GWR Kato.jpg

We are getting ready for the N Gauge show at Leamington Spa in 5 weeks time, so rushing around fitting Farish 31s, Dapol 68s, Farish HSTs and other stuff building up for what always is a busy weekend at TINGS (The International NG Show)

We have just finished our 'First' Prototype HST, including two decoders & two sugarcube speakers to bring out the Valenta whistle, wow is sound great in the flesh, but dos'nt come across as 'Wow' in the movie.  Mr Speilburg needs talking to  !!!!!!   Enjoy.

• Like 1

Withy the N Gauge show now only for weeks away we are finishing off loads of customer collections,

'Here is one we did a while age'    YES its N Gauge.

See you in Leamington Spa next month !!!!!!   Charlie, Simon & Arran  (The DCKits-Realtrack Team)

On 11/07/2021 at 22:45, charliepetty said:

More excitement soon, New Class 59 Sound project for the Dapol 59.

Class 59 Proper Sounds 1.jpeg

Ive got the file in my done up Hornby version with an EM2 if i remember, sounds fantastic, im sure there is a vid on my channel somewhere.

hopefully Bif can find the time to look into a file for sarah siddons soon, have sent him recordings! :)