Bachmann Spring 2021 - New tooling Class 20/0

AY Mod

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • RMweb Gold

Not a big surprise given the 20/3. I am sure one or two will find their way into my collection, but I will have to sort out that lighting - bright white lights on a headcode 20 :nono:

Edit: 20057 looks to be carrying a livery from the late 1970s. I have found photos of it with large double arrows on the cabside taken in 1977. By Oct 1982 the arrows had moved to side of the nose.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Nice but why the bright ice white LEDS? not prototypical really especially on the green one

Seems to be a Bachmann trend at the moment - the new peaks all have bright white headcodes. I have slipped some yellow Kapton tape between the LED and lens which improves the look, not sure if that will be possible here - may have to resort to a Sharpie.

In the photos above, the cab light at least looks warm white / yellow. 

Roy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Seems to be a Bachmann trend at the moment - the new peaks all have bright white headcodes. I have slipped some yellow Kapton tape between the LED and lens which improves the look, not sure if that will be possible here - may have to resort to a Sharpie.

In the photos above, the cab light at least looks warm white / yellow. 

Roy

Yeah it does , think I shall stick to fitting lighting from stickswipe on ebay to my current 20's , at least with those I can specify the led colour

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Yeah it does , think I shall stick to fitting lighting from stickswipe on ebay to my current 20's , at least with those I can specify the led colour

Yep, that is what mine have. Jason is a top guy and always comes up trumps.  

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Bachmann on this one - we put the loco into the The 2019 00 Wishlist Poll as it was then within our cut-off date of 2005 for inclusion (having been originally released in 2004).

It was very High Polling.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Does 20227 not have a High Intensity headlight on the nose end?

Or is this a pre-production mockup?

I have it in my head that when it was first withdrawn it only had a headlight at the cab end. Having one at both ends was for its more recent use on the main line.

Memory may be wrong.

Roy

53 minutes ago, Simon Bendall said:

20227 only had a headlight at the cab end in the period modelled like a number of other 20s that BR modified. 

OK, good one less model to buy.

I will wait for a preservation era both-ends lighted release!