New Hornby products

The list is up on MREMAG now, but it seems to be a re-announcement of some stuff from a few months back, when Brown Jack, Silver Link et al were announced.

Some of the D&E contingent may have to tell me if the Mk3 intercity liveried stock and East Coast HST and stock are new annoucnements.

Could probably do with some of the Stanier coaches in Carmine and Cream to go with City of Chester.

The East Coast HST and stock were announced some time ago as a Modelzone exclusive. I don't know if this now means it will be on general release or if this is just a re-announcement of the exclusive version.

Roddy

• RMweb Premium

Well I thought the East Coast HST power cars and stock were supposed to be Limited Editions for Modelzone so it looks like that deal is off and they are heading straight for the general catalogue.

Always funny to see that elder statesman of the model railway world, the ex Triang SR van make yet another last gasp back into the catalogue, that model is so old it appears on prehistoric cave paintings and the mould marks on the underside are in Latin... Surely the oldest tooling still in general production today bar those awful semaphore signals Hornby still flog.

The full list by the way:

R2964 HST powered and dummy Class 43s in East Coast silver & white livery. The power car will be 43300 Craigentinny and the non-powered car will be 43310.

R4441 Mk3 TSO in East Coast white & silver livery as 42215.

R4442 Mk3 TGS in East Coast white & silver livery as 44094.

R4443 Mk3 Buffet in East Coast white & silver livery as 40748.

R2966 A3 Brown Jack in BR green with late decals, German smoke deflectors, double chimney and a GNR type tender.

R2970 Class J83 0-6-0T in plain LNER black as 9805.

R2971 Class J13/J52 0-6-0ST in GNR fully lined green livery as 1250.

R4444 Mk3 HST open 1st class Inter-City 125 blue & grey as W41056.

R4445 Mk3 HST open standard class Inter-City 125 blue & grey W42082.

R4446 Mk3 HST TGS Inter-City 125 blue & grey as W44039.

R2972 Class 395 'Javelin' in South Eastern HS dark blue livery as a 4-car train pack consisting of 395003 Britain's Fastest - Sir Steve Redgrave (car 39036), 39032, 39033 and 39031.

R2975 Britannia Class 70000 Britannia in ex-works black livery.

R4447 Stanier all-1st in BR crimson & cream as M1063M.

R4448 Stanier all-3rd in BR crimson & cream as M2001M.

R4449 Stanier brake 3rd in BR crimson & cream as M5769M.

R4450 former LMS parcels van in BR crimson as M31014M

R4451 former Tri-ang gangwayed bogie luggage van in crimson & cream

R2965 A4 LNER 2509 Silver Link silver & grey

I actually quite fancy the all black ex works Britannia, I had tentatively thought about buying a cheap one and doing this livery myself as it happens.

• RMweb Gold

I think you've missed one John...

R7059 DeLorean DMC12 fitted with Flux Capacitor and Mr Fusion Drive.

Will it have a working pan option and a prototypical scale speed of 88 miles per hour so it can get from 1955 to 1985? The working pan is essential of course, maybe Hornby could dust off its lead pipe (but fully functioning!) knitting and do it as a set. :lol:

The list is up on MREMAG now, but it seems to be a re-announcement of some stuff from a few months back, when Brown Jack, Silver Link et al were announced.

Some of the D&E contingent may have to tell me if the Mk3 intercity liveried stock and East Coast HST and stock are new annoucnements.

Could probably do with some of the Stanier coaches in Carmine and Cream to go with City of Chester.

I agree the early BR Staniers will be great, but to me, the star of the show is A3 'Brown Jack' in late BR form.

Rob

Guest Phil

R7059 DeLorean DMC12 fitted with Flux Capacitor and Mr Fusion Drive.

Will it have a working pan option and a prototypical scale speed of 88 miles per hour so it can get from 1955 to 1985? The working pan is essential of course, maybe Hornby could dust off its lead pipe (but fully functioning!) knitting and do it as a set. :lol:

How do you go on with DCCing it though. You can't just take the body off and snip out the capacitor can you ? Speshully if it's a flux one.

Britannia in ex-works black livery? I've not heard of this and certainly not seen a photo. If it did happen was it lined on account of it being intended to be a mixed traffic type.

70000 was originally outshopped in plain black livery in 1951 without name plates for trials before painting green to exhibition standards for the Festival of Britain. It is proposed to outshop 70000 in plain black initially when its current overhaul is complete. There have been photos of 70000 in plain black in 1951 in, I think, "Steam Railway" in recent months.

The Black 70000 is a Collectors Centre Limited Edition and has listed by Rails for several weeks. May well get one but no price listed yet!

Pleased that there are no "new" announcements from Hornby today. Might allow them to catch up a bit!

• RMweb Premium

I know some locos were originally released in to traffic in black, but in the case of Britannia I am not sure what the story was. It would be interesting if anyone who knows could post something. I would have thought that it was a very short lived livery and therefore would be difficult to place for those who model a specific time and place, If like me you run anyhting then it is just a matter of whether it appeals, and it does to me.

Unknown warrior got in and answered my question

Guest Belgian

I have a copy of a newsreel film of 70000 on trial in plain black livery, with the LMS Dynomometer Car in the formation in 1951, showing that it did actually run in the plain black livery.

JE

I have a copy of a newsreel film of 70000 on trial in plain black livery, with the LMS Dynomometer Car in the formation in 1951, showing that it did actually run in the plain black livery.

JE

The real 70000 'Britania' is due to be released from overhaul later this year and is going to run in plain black for a period too.

• RMweb Gold

70000 ran trials in plain (matt I believe) black but did not enter traffic in that state. I'm not sure how long it lasted in that condition but it was in full lined green livery by 30 January 1951 ready for the naming ceremony.

BTW 70000 was not the Festival of Britain loco - that was 70004 which was turned out in a special 'exhibition finish' with lots of extra bright work and which subsequently retained that finish on initial allocation to the SR for 'prestige train working'.

The outstanding question about 70000 in black remains one of detail - will it have the correct pattern (smaller) dome and hollow axle ends that the prototype had at that time?

We were told that Hornby are about to announce a number of new models and to read MREmag next Monday (8th).

The Hornby Web page confirms that the Roadshow will be attending the DEMU Showcase on the 12th and 13th.

Why would this announcement, if it is anything other than conformation of the release of existing catalogue items, appear on MREmag a week early?

Has someone put 2 + 2 together and got 5?

Maybe there's another announcement yet. Just a thoughtsmile.gif

Disappointing, in a certain sense. mellow.gif

But on the other hand I'm relieved for my wallet tongue.gif

Maybe there's another announcement yet. Just a thoughtsmile.gif

Hopefully (At DEMU?)

As after all the froth on this thread it has largely just turned out to be a re-announcement of what was already known.

So maybe we will yet get that upgraded (with working lights as well as improved motor) or re-tooled EWS Class 90 to go with the 'Pretendolino'.

And the Mk2d/e/f re-tool.

Hopefully (At DEMU?)

As after all the froth on this thread it has largely just turned out to be a re-announcement of what was already known.

So maybe we will yet get that upgraded (with working lights as well as improved motor) or re-tooled EWS Class 90 to go with the 'Pretendolino'.

And the Mk2d/e/f re-tool.

Could be an announcement at DEMU This weekend...afterall, they announced the DVT There last year so who knows...

only 4 more days to find out though...

• RMweb Premium

Disappointing, in a certain sense. :mellow:

But on the other hand I'm relieved for my wallet :P

With this year's announcements being thin on the ground for SR stuff i can't see either Hornby or Bachmann getting much cash off me for a while. As good as they are i really can't justify any more Maunsell coaches or T9s.

Kernow / Dapol with the Class 22 and Beattie Well Tanks will dent the old wallet though. :lol:

The East Coast HST and stock were announced some time ago as a Modelzone exclusive. I don't know if this now means it will be on general release or if this is just a re-announcement of the exclusive version.

Well I thought the East Coast HST power cars and stock were supposed to be Limited Editions for Modelzone so it looks like that deal is off and they are heading straight for the general catalogue.

hopefully the East Coast HST is coming out for General Release :D seems a bit silly having it as a LTD ed as it is most likely to be a high seller and not to mention you have to buy the whole set seperately to gain a full rake :lol:

Pat Hammond (MRE Magazine) has now corrected his list to show that the East Coast HST power cars and trailers are only available as "exclusive to Modelzone".

Hornby Mid-year Releases

Yesterday I published a list of newly announced model releases planned by Hornby. I later added the information that the models in East Coast livery will be sold exclusively by ModelZone. I repeat that these will not be available from other sources.

Monday 7.6.10Hornby's Mid Year Releases

As we approach the halfway point through 2010, Hornby have announced their surprise package of additional models which were not in this year's catalogue but were hinted at during the press conference last December. These will be as follows:

R2964 HST powered and dummy Class 43s in East Coast silver & white livery. The power car will be 43300 Craigentinny and the non-powered car will be 43310. (Exclusive to ModelZone)

R4441 Mk3 TSO in East Coast white & silver livery as 42215. (Exclusive to ModelZone)

R4442 Mk3 TGS in East Coast white & silver livery as 44094. (Exclusive to ModelZone)

R4443 Mk3 Buffet in East Coast white & silver livery as 40748. (Exclusive to ModelZone)

So with DEMU now come and gone it would conclude that there was no surprise new Hornby announcement.

(At least not of a comparable nature to the Mk3b DVT announced this at time last year.)

After all the froth on this thread this comes a great dissapointment.

Therefore can I ask our moderators if they could think about locking this thread once and for all.

No doubt a similar one will start up again just before the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Therefore can I ask our moderators if they could think about locking this thread once and for all.

The subsequent post from Mike illustrates that it isn't always that simple.

Nobody from Hornby actually said there was going to be any revelations so it does principally come down to froth but there were some good shots of the Hawksworths and the L1 shown as a result of DEMU.

Archived