RevolutioN Trains Announce Cartic-4 Car Carriers in N Gauge

sc2016

On 20/11/2021 at 20:37, gedlee said:

Hi All,

Order book is now open for the N Gauge Cartic 4s.

Time to brush down the plastic!!

cheers, Ged 

Thanks for the tip Ged.  Bit ouchie just before Christmas.  Any ideas when it closes?  Hopefully after the festive/expensive season (5 kids plus the extended fam bam coming for Xmas Day so somewhere north of 25 persons - they all bring stuff obviously but the hosts always end up on the short end - at least it is only every 5 years so swings and roundabouts).

Hi

I know what you mean about Xmas, but we only have 9 every year nowhere near your 25!

I have no guarantees, but using previous examples, I would guess the early bird price will be available until the end of February.

Cheers,

Ged.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

For deadline information the best place to look is the Project page here:  http://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

The EarlyBird offer closes on December 31st, and we are expecting EP1 samples some time around then.

The order book will of course stay open (at the slightly higher standard pre-order price) for some time after that until we are ready to start production.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bill badger said:

Is there a problem with the order page for the Cartic-4?  Just had a look and it doesn't seem to be available.

Doesn’t look to be a problem from this end (I can still access it) - which section are you looking at?

If you click on Shop then go to Pre Orders then N/2mm then Cartic-4 you should find the various versions. 

Cheers Mike

One for modellers of the part of the railway that does things properly, you know, where we used to have brown signs.

Photo linked from Flickr, click for details in the caption. Severn Tunnel In - Eastleigh, approaching Westbury.

47 on Speedlink in the snow - Hawkeridge 1987

Jo

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

A just scanned image from my collection. 47085 at Olympia...no surprise! 29/12/86 taken by John Vaughan. 

Not Cartics though. Appears to be a train from the Dover train ferry with a ferry van at the head of the train. 

Paul

• 4 months later...
On 24/02/2021 at 13:21, Steven B said:

An excellent choice!

Fortunately, only one's needed for a train!
15466245741_166c01700d_w.jpg

Clagging On Cartics. by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

They ran with what looks like ferry-twins & KFA on the 6M37 Dagenham-Garston Ford trains.

Steven B.

God, I really hope they produce a load of these ones, as I used to love seeing them go past our house as a kid in the 80's!

Trying to remember what would be hauling them. A scruffy 85 or 86 probably. Or were they always diesel hauled?

• RMweb Premium

They’ll produce what they get orders for, plus a bit extra, so if you want a load then order a load!

Flickr has photos with 81s, 85s and 86s, so crack on I say!

• Like 1

Does anyone know the typical consists to and from ford halewood/speke during the mid 1980's, as I would love to replicate these workings.

And will these models come weathered at all, or will they be pristine?

Edited by johny retro

22 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

All the models are pristine - see our pre-order area of the shop pages on our website for all those available.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks.

Will keep checking for updates.

Edited by johny retro

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2021 at 14:20, Revolution Mike said:

Each wagon has a peg which slots into a locator slot on the bogies (if I've understood the CAD correctly!).  The locator slot on the bogie is cam-shaped to give some degree of close coupling for each articulated bogie.

Cheers Mike

Hi, is it possible to check what min curve radius these are designed for?  I have some curves that are 249mm radius (1st radius is 230 and 2nd is 265).

Edited by davebem
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

The articulation units have two options to allow virtually scale close coupling or slightly wider coupling.  

Under test they have coped with 9” (228mm) radius curves, but we do not recommend curves of less than about 12” radius.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Idly watching some youtube clips and at 8:25 there's a great formation including cartics.  Can anyone identify the container flats at the front?  KFAs with Ford containers.  If so just need some Ford branded Hbfis vans and the containers to make an attractive rake.  Hint Hint.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stuart A said:

Idly watching some youtube clips and at 8:25 there's a great formation including cartics.  Can anyone identify the container flats at the front?  KFAs with Ford containers.  If so just need some Ford branded Hbfis vans and the containers to make an attractive rake.  Hint Hint.

Possibly the RLS KFAs? Often operated in the same trains as the Revolution type. Can be spotted by the slightly different shape and the solid white handbrake wheels.

Link from Flickr below

92650 Northampton 060612

Jo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...