Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon,

I believe the photo and associated text were first posted on Facebook back in Feb 21. But then I'm not a Facebook aficionado so may be wrong. However yesterdays post makes interesting reading regarding Cardiff Model Railway Exhibition and new items of motive power...

Sutton's Locomotive Workshop

Yesterday at 10:20  · 

A DATE FOR YOUR DIARY...

Sutton's Locomotive Workshop's head of Traction & Rolling Stock will be there as part of the Barrowmore Model Railway Group's Mostyn operating team. Look out for some new items of motive power that will be available for close examination...

Save the date: August 20th & 21st, 2022. Ice Arena Wales (Cardiff)

PJ10

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PJ10 said:

believe the photo and associated text were first posted on Facebook back in Feb 21. But then I'm not a Facebook aficionado so may be wrong. However yesterdays post makes interesting reading regarding Cardiff Model Railway Exhibition and new items of motive power...

The picture looks very similar(that’s why I think people missed it) but the text was added 02/05/22 stating signed off production versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm not sure the significance of the mech speedo, but the model depicts the the loco in it's 1976-78 condition. It was not a loco that had the boiler room grilles sheeted over, but almost all the locos that did, were vaccuum braked examples. I beleive this work began in the mid-1970s, and eventually covered 63 locos from 25100 onwards, only 7 of which were dual braked, or converted later.

16 hours ago, stovepipe said:

I'm not sure the significance of the mech speedo, but the model depicts the the loco in it's 1976-78 condition. It was not a loco that had the boiler room grilles sheeted over, but almost all the locos that did, were vaccuum braked examples. I beleive this work began in the mid-1970s, and eventually covered 63 locos from 25100 onwards, only 7 of which were dual braked, or converted later.

Rat Run

Plated over grilles in this shot from 1976.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mophead45143 said:

Sorry, when you say plated I think of the cover plate version!

That's why I used the term 'sheeted over' in the post you replied to... 😉

Both words are open to interpretation, so I decided to follow the Derby Sulzers approved description!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...