Standard Blue Class 33/0s and Original 09s

Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

I don't suppose there's any chance we might see some standard blue 33/0s via EFE? It seems Heljan isn't interested in doing them.

Also I wonder if it would be possible to do Hornby's 09 tooling with high level pipes in standard blue, or would that be a stretch too far in the manufacturer crossover?

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

Never in a million years will Bachmann market a Hornby product!

They do however have a perfectly decent Class 08 or 09 in their own catalogue that could be breathed upon and rereleased under the EFE banner though.

I can't see the HJ 33 in the EFE range though, HJ are still making them themselves unless you want the original tooling 33 with the squashed flat roof, no thanks!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 09:39, Ian J. said:

I don't suppose there's any chance we might see some standard blue 33/0s via EFE? It seems Heljan isn't interested in doing them.

Also I wonder if it would be possible to do Hornby's 09 tooling with high level pipes in standard blue, or would that be a stretch too far in the manufacturer crossover?

I think EFE output is only stuff other manufacturers have given up marketing themselves . I doubt the Hornby 09 fits that 

On 02/04/2021 at 21:34, cambo74 said:

I know its not he thread - but I dont now why Hornby havent ever done a Blue 09 ....... oh yeah I do, cos its BR Blue ....... if only they were steam .......

If you had a chat with Simon Kohler you’d see that actually they are passionate about DE as well, but there’s only so many production slots.

I’ve just highlighted the fact to him that LL 50s are undersupplied as evidenced by eBay prices . I ( and several others ) did this with the DB 60 as well 

On 02/04/2021 at 21:34, cambo74 said:

I know its not he thread - but I dont now why Hornby havent ever done a Blue 09 ....... oh yeah I do, cos its BR Blue ....... if only they were steam .......

They haven't done a black 08 either, and that is more steam era.

• Like 1