Henderson's Relish Wagon

Oliver Rails

HENDERSONS.jpg.0b1b37e7a3334a14a6985af179f38b66.jpg

EXCLUSIVE HENDERSON'S RELISH WAGON!

Special Edition Henderson's Relish Wagon, Complete with pocket sized 31ml Henderson's Relish bottle.

A true Sheffield delicacy, STRONG & NORTHERN.

Highly limited, Order now

Henry Henderson blended the first batch of this famous Relish in Sheffield in 1885. More than 130 years later, Henderson's are still a family business, and still blending in Sheffield to a secret recipe, known to only three family members.

Use as a table sauce and ingredient, splash on top of your dinner or add it to the pot while cooking. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans, is gluten free and has no allergens.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Never even heard of it!

Quick Google. Seems to be a thing nobody outside of Sheffield knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson's_Relish

Quite right too, don't want the riff raff joining in.

13 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

No it is known elsewhere and is or was available North of the Tyne! 

South thereof too. Thankfully, I can buy it Benidorm of all places, and if anybody in Nottingham wants their education broadening, I know of a place there too!

Mike.

• Like 1

Bought some while in Northallerton a couple of years ago. Really enhances the flavour of other foods. My wife is allergic to fish so cannot have Worcestershire sauce, but Henderson's is fine. I still love Worcestershire sauce sprinkled on plain bread so it soaks in, then buttered and topped of with smooth peanut butter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sounds like a marketing stunt to me.  Whatever next?  A girder wagon advertising Irn-bru?

I think it's possibly something to do with their anniversary.

But promotional wagons aren't new. Hornby were making them in the 1920s and I'm sure nearly everyone had the Kit Kat, Weetabix, McVities, etc. vans or their equivalent when they were younger.

Irn Bru? Already done. :prankster:

spacer.png

Jason

• Like 1

I might be a Man of Kent, but as my Darnel born grandmother used to remind me, I'm a quarter Yorkshire. As a child we'd pick some up along with Thornton's toffee (back when that was still largely a regional company) when visiting relatives.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ManofKent said:

I might be a Man of Kent, but as my Darnel born grandmother used to remind me, I'm a quarter Yorkshire. As a child we'd pick some up along with Thornton's toffee (back when that was still largely a regional company) when visiting relatives.

Sheesh, you southern softies.

Darnall please if you don't mind!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1